A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,377
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Belle cake  (Read 1641 times)
Tags for this thread: cake_decorating  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kchynoweth
« on: December 31, 2010 11:16:10 AM »

My daughter asked for a princess cake for her 2nd birthday. I asked what flavor, and she insisted on "princess" flavor. I decided on champagne cake, since I figure that would be a suitable flavor for a princess. I used the Wilton's Wonder Mold with the brunette doll. I did the hair myself with a yellow ribbon and tied the little rose to her hand. The frosting is homemade butter cream dyed with lemon yellow and just a bit of orange and brown to give it that golden color.
When we brought it out to her, she immediately said "Belle!" and then ran her finger through the frosting and licked it off her hand!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PureOath
Raconteur Extraordinare

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010 11:56:14 AM »

Such a cute story to go along with the cake.

I'd say that princess would have to be some sort of strawberries and champagne flavored cake though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to do a personal swap with (or will outright pay for) a knitter who could make an adult sized knitted t-rex sweater for Christmas. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
mexi
One world...make it great! Deck-OR-ATE!

I Heart the world.(Smelling plastic beads melting)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010 04:29:52 PM »

awee... my daughter said she wanted one of these as well... I about choked when I saw how much they cost at the bakery... now I know it can be done! mOM pOWER rULES!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kchynoweth
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010 04:44:50 PM »

Thanks! I just love how happy it makes my kids when they see their cakes. So much better than paying someone else to do it. Only problem is that as my son gets older, he is  starting to request more complicated things. He said for his next birthday he wants a Lord of The Rings theme with Golum in it....Not sure how I'll pull that one off  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mexi
One world...make it great! Deck-OR-ATE!

I Heart the world.(Smelling plastic beads melting)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011 03:48:17 PM »

hOW about making the ring cakes and doing a gold fonda ...and then sculpting the figurines out of gum paste or print the pics off the net and put wax paper over them and trace them with frosting and freeze it then you could put them on the rings in different places...

I don't know... that sounds like the easy..(RIGHT whatever easy) way to make it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BroadwayBound313
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011 03:32:13 AM »

This is adorable. When my sister was little my parents made her one of these but when my uncle put her (favorite) barbie in the cake he decided to take her legs off. It kinda ruined the effect when you have to explain to a 3 year old that for her birthday her uncle broke Barbie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting." -Tinkerbell

http://www.wists.com/BroadwayBound313
kchynoweth
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011 08:01:55 PM »

hOW about making the ring cakes and doing a gold fonda ...and then sculpting the figurines out of gum paste or print the pics off the net and put wax paper over them and trace them with frosting and freeze it then you could put them on the rings in different places...

I don't know... that sounds like the easy..(RIGHT whatever easy) way to make it...

That's a great idea! I'm always up for a challenge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to fold an origami square base
How to Fold an Origami Paper Crane
How to Fold the Head of an Origami Paper Crane
How to Fold an Origami Bird Base
How to Make a Simple Paper Booklet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...