A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Keep Me Warm Swap (signups CLOSED sendouts extended to 2/12/10)  (Read 33859 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jl409
« Reply #440 on: February 02, 2011 05:38:58 PM »

So, I live in north Louisiana and it went from being in the mid 60's to the 30/20's with snow flurries! I don't know how you northerners do it! lol It is soooo cold! However, I just walked my dog wearing the cowl Onyxnox made for me and then drank some tea she sent too which made me a very happy girl. Yum! I've sewn one thing, will sew another tonight and will probably send out Friday or Saturday!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: February 02, 2011 06:59:01 PM »

Just woke up and looked out the window - won't be making it to the post office today!  The snow isn't supposed to stop until this afternoon, and there are places where the drifts are easily as tall as me...

They were reporting on the news here that your school districts closed for the first time in over a decade....now I just have to say those are some dedicated grade school kids to be braving your winters year after year without a snow day!

We got the sleet and freezing rain here warmed up to almost 40 today cooled back down so its nice and slick again.

And the groundhog saw his shadow? Under what a large spot light? Poor fellow needs to go on strike, perhaps he needs a snow day!

I'm making good headway, I think, on my rethought on the accessory. I will be shipping on the 5th, if this doesn't work out then I'll go back to plan A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 02, 2011 08:11:58 PM »

I was wondering the same thing about the groundhog supposedly not seeing his shadow...I think somebody must've reached in the hole and pulled him out, poor thing!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Dra

Life is only what you make it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: February 03, 2011 04:03:05 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat Ekkagrrl. I lost my fur baby a few months ago and know how hard it can be.

So I have been in a school work daze and haven't really thought about anything else for the past little while. But I am back here now. I have finished pretty much everything.. now to just add some final touches!! Yesterday we got a ton of snow! like a foot! Its pretty exciting. Also because the University was closed for the day which was crazy but very much needed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2011 08:05:20 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat Ekkagrrl. I lost my fur baby a few months ago and know how hard it can be.

Thanks Dra. Smiley I got the sweetest card from the animal hospital yesterday. I miss my kitty girl so much. Sad

So yesterday we had a snow day here too. Hubby stayed home from work and my oldest daughter was sick ( poor pukey monkey) so we just made it a day off for everyone. I homeschool so we don't normally have snow days. Wink
Anyway, I managed to get my accessory finished! It was the first time I ever made what I made and the first time I have EVER tried the technique. Me and my seam ripper became very very good friends during the process.  Cheesy I think it turned out very cute though. Smiley And since I had a lot of free time yesterday I found one more thing I want to make so I'm going to whip that up today. Then I think I'm done!! I'll be mailing out tomorrow. Woot woot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #445 on: February 03, 2011 08:14:33 AM »

CHECKING IN:  I'm alive and crafting!  And I've been iced into my home for the past 3 days.  With the prospect of snow tonight & tomorrow, I may be stuck for a bit longer.  But this weekend there :::fingers crossed::: will be a thaw and escape. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #446 on: February 03, 2011 08:21:12 AM »

bugaboo1--he did NOT see his shadow...Phil lives in a cage and is well cared for...but he is not free...I think it is ridiculous

I think bad weather is screwing up all of the winter swaps...mail out date should be the date closest to the first day we can all get out of our houses! Cheesy

This swap could not have come at a better time:  seems like the whole country needs to try to keep warm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #447 on: February 03, 2011 10:54:47 AM »

Well, I intended to send on Tuesday - I've been done. But I refuse to take DD out in public the way she has been behaving lately. Fortunately, my folks are coming to visit tonight, so I'll either get it out tonight or tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KimmyLynne82

I enjoy being a dame.

« Reply #448 on: February 03, 2011 06:11:28 PM »

In honor of all the Groundhog Day talk...  Grin Wink

In other news - I RECEIVED TODAY! pics posted in the gallery! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog

I <3 Personal Swaps!
jl409
« Reply #449 on: February 03, 2011 06:31:40 PM »

Those cupcakes are adorable!!

So I thought you northerners would get a kick out of this. The weather alert message I received from my school district (I'm a teacher) said this: All Caddo Schools will be closed tomorrow due to the impending "winter storm".  We apparently consider a winter storm to be 2 inches of snow! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
James Bunting Performs His Poem "Cathy"
Jane Shore’s Role in Royal Mistress
The Program by Suzanne Young
The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...