A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Craft-along 2011  (Read 16415 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmiDee
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2011 06:02:05 PM »

Oh...My...Gosh...YE S! Harry Potter talk, JUST WHAT I NEED!! Hmm... now the only question is... what can I make that is HP-related? I am a sewer/quilter. I used to do jewelry work but as I have been packing (we're moving 3000 miles in 1 1/2 months) my beads and tools have already been boxed up. Give me ideas!!! xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" *Lao Tzu
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2011 06:19:08 PM »

Oh...My...Gosh...YE S! Harry Potter talk, JUST WHAT I NEED!! Hmm... now the only question is... what can I make that is HP-related? I am a sewer/quilter. I used to do jewelry work but as I have been packing (we're moving 3000 miles in 1 1/2 months) my beads and tools have already been boxed up. Give me ideas!!! xD

I'm sort of a subtly obsessive HP fan. Wink
My friend made me patchwork reusable grocery bags, each one using fun summery fabrics that happen to be HP house colors. (4 different bags)
It was so cute, and super functional. Plus it didn't scream HP, yet shopping one day I pulled them out and the bagger looked at me said, "did you realize each bag is the HP house color?" It was classic. Anyway, maybe that can give you some inspiration since you sew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmiDee
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2011 06:23:01 PM »

My friend made me patchwork reusable grocery bags, each one using fun summery fabrics that happen to be HP house colors. (4 different bags)
It was so cute, and super functional. Plus it didn't scream HP, yet shopping one day I pulled them out and the bagger looked at me said, "did you realize each bag is the HP house color?" It was classic. Anyway, maybe that can give you some inspiration since you sew!

Hmm... bags... I do love bags!! I don't even buy purses anymore since I learned to sew (hehe) thanks LillianPearl! Now, to go through my fabric stash....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011 09:15:05 PM »

Hmm... bags... I do love bags!! I don't even buy purses anymore since I learned to sew (hehe) thanks LillianPearl! Now, to go through my fabric stash....
Ooh, those sound awesome! I'd love to see pictures of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Juliana13

smile! it makes people wonder what you're up to

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2011 07:47:20 AM »

yes please post pictures!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you made it, I'll love it!
I'll swap ya for it Smiley
check out my wists www.wists.com/Juliana13
I'm on Pinterest too! use it more than wists.
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2011 08:49:06 AM »

I will have to try and find them! A friend stole one (Hufflepuff-her favorite house), and one ripped because the bagger put ALL of the beverages into one itty bitty little bag. So I since retired them for grocery purposes. But I still have them...somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananaleg

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2011 05:48:03 PM »

My partner received for OTHPT, so i can post pictures now!
Group shot:

Okay, first, i'll go with March's theme (that is when i made all this, after all), house pride.
I knitted this little Ravenclaw, drawstring pouch:
I'd had another idea, but it didn't work out. I like this much better. Besides, it was a one tiny thing swap, and it all fit in there, so it worked out perfectly.

Next, a coupe of pins/brooches:
mgailp had several things on her wists with the deathly hallows on it. She also listed Mad Eye as one of her favorite characters, hence his eye.

And finally, my favorite:
Gail's other favorite character is Hermione, and she has Hermione's enchanted handbag on her wist. I knew i wouldn't be able to make a tiny version of it and be proud of it, so while i was thinking of how i could do it... it just came to me: coffee cozy! (I'm obsessed with making them.)
On a cup:
At first, i thought i would leave it without beading it because i loved the way it looked and didn't want to ruin it. But i picked up the beads, anyway, and got to it. Turns out it was a good choice. Totally changed it for the better.
I plan to make another one for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
AmiDee
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2011 08:23:31 PM »

bananaleg, those are so cool!! I love everything!!

I know this isn't crafty, but I just got my Deathly Hallows tattoo last week (after contemplating it for 1 1/2 years) and felt the need to share with fellow fans Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2011 10:42:12 PM »

Thanks, AmiDee! Your tattoo looks awesome! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2011 11:32:42 PM »

I will have to try and find them! A friend stole one (Hufflepuff-her favorite house), and one ripped because the bagger put ALL of the beverages into one itty bitty little bag. So I since retired them for grocery purposes. But I still have them...somewhere.
Id pinch Hufflepuff too  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Isaac Mizrahi Up To Next?
The Next Step For The Fashion Industry, from Isaac Mizrahi
Three Wardrobe Staples, from Isaac Mizrahi
Money-Saving Fashion Tips, from Isaac Mizrahi
How To Be Stylish Everyday, from Isaac Mizrahi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...