A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simplicity 3852-collar help please!  (Read 493 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

black and white photo
« on: December 28, 2010 09:50:29 PM »

I decided to make the simplicity 3852 http://www.simplicity.com/p-2038-boys-and-men-shirts-babies-romper.aspx  and i've come to find that, I have no idea how to attach the collar. Here are the instructions for attatching the collar: please help me interpret this someone?! Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amazing_784
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010 04:41:49 PM »

What part of the instructions are confusing?  I read them, and it seems pretty straightforward. 
Have you gotten your collar pieces put together?  The collar will be 2 pieces, with fusible interfacing on one of the pieces, then sewn together (right sides together), and turned right side out.  One of the layers of the collar will line up with the back of the shirt (the one with the notches in it), then sewn down.  The other layer of the collar will be stitched down, covering over the raw edges of the seam just sewn.  That layer will have the raw edge folded under to be concealed in the hem. 

Hopefully that helped, and didn't make things worse.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes2009
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011 10:56:58 AM »

I decided to make the simplicity 3852 http://www.simplicity.com/p-2038-boys-and-men-shirts-babies-romper.aspx  and i've come to find that, I have no idea how to attach the collar. Here are the instructions for attatching the collar: please help me interpret this someone?! Embarrassed

how's it going with this pattern? I know it's sounds kind of confusing and if you've never inserted a collar before the directions seem like a foreign language. If you need further help just ask Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Six Lies About Digital Photography
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 1/2
How to use a light meter
How to Work with Natural light
How to Take Easy baby portraits
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...