A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC swap discussion thread--3.0  (Read 20593 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2011 10:21:15 AM »

I plan on opening the swap up on Sunday for the theme swap!

Ooo yay yay!  I can't wait!  I will have to diligently think on what theme I want to start.  I have some possibilities roaming around my head.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011 12:17:44 PM by jillybeans » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
jmiller614
« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2011 03:02:11 PM »

Well, now that I have shared an open date for the theme swap, scratch that!

I opened up the swap for signups today as I am heading out on travel tomorrow and through the weekend. No rush to signup, there should be plenty of time, but I do hope a lot of people will join!

And please message me with any feedback on how to improve the swap!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388043.0

And please don't forget the ongoing swap! Hopefully they will not interfere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitiza
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2011 01:11:43 AM »

I am really impressed that jmiller614 can handle the claims, sent and received records so well. Even keeping my own record is hard for me! How many I have claimed, how many claims I have in total, how many I have sent, how many are on their way to the new owner, how many have been received... Every time I claim I have to think hundred times if I have them the necessary information correct.

Do any of you have any tips for this? How to make it easier? I'd really love to know what's your secret. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tynwia
Reduce, reuse, recycle it into something useful.

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2011 04:47:45 AM »

After my first month of swaps and stressing over trying to keep things straight, I made a table in a word document and put in number of claim (1st, 2nd...), theme, Craftster name, real name, address, date to send out, sent on date, and if they received or not. I put in a similar table of those who claimed me with their craftster name, theme, date to send out and whether I received. It wasn't too hard to remember to update it every time I sent or received. I kept the document on my desktop so I could check it quickly at any time. Smiley
Now the trick is to keep track of which cards I haven't posted in the gallery and remembering to take a picture before I send! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/tynwia
I have a button addiction.......
Up for personal swaps Smiley
Kitiza
« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2011 05:29:09 AM »

That's a good idea, tynwia! I might try that. Smiley At the moment it just feels like I get all confused with the numbers. I didn't notice any problem last month but at that time I was on my vacation and I didn't have anything to worry about. Now with all the work stress it seems sometimes impossible for me to even remember which day it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2011 06:48:00 AM »

I write everything down in a notebook, since I'm not always at home when I make claims.  I write the claim number, the person's name, and the theme idea and underneath all of that I put down their address.  I put the sent date and received date and then its easy to count how many active claims I have and where I am at.  Its a smaller notebook so it fits in my purse.  I usually doodle ideas in it as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2011 09:38:29 AM »

Nice info!  Part of the reason I haven't joined in a few months is I'm dyslexic enough that trying to keep track of the cards is kinda ruff.  I'll have to check out some of those options Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
whatthepuck

I don't know what's going on here.

« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2011 05:29:51 PM »

I keep a document on my desktop. I write who it goes to, theme, and date due. I do the same thing for the cards I'm going to receive. I swear if it wasn't for this I'd have missed at least a dozen cards or sent them to the wrong person.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Pendant
Halloween in June
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
Kitiza
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2011 07:51:46 PM »

Ok, I definitely have to start writing this info down! Sometimes I'm also worried if I have sent the card to the wrong person. But these hints that you are sharing are really good and I'm sure it makes everything much easier.
I'd also need a small notebook for that like jillybeans because I'm also not at home everytime I claim. I have to check where I can find a perfect notebook for this.

Thanks, everyone!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2011 09:24:57 AM »

I keep track of my claims in a notebook, too. Another thing I do to help out the person receiving my cards is to write down all the pertinent info they need to send to the swap organizer  and put it in the note I include with the ATC.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Foods To Eat For Glowing Skin
How to Master the Perfect Smoky Eye
Marianna Hewitt: The Best Way to Remove Stuck on Eye Makeup
Megan Moore: Empties Challenge
Mallory Cornelison: Empties Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...