A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC swap discussion thread--3.0  (Read 19456 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2011 07:15:06 PM »

How does everyone send these?  Regular envelopes?  I wouldn't want them to get messed up, though, going through the machines and stuff.....

Oh, I didn't think of that. Perhaps I should line them with bubble wrap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2011 05:41:03 AM »

I don't think I have ever gotten one that has gotten messed up in the mail. They seem to be sent pretty easily unless you are doing something different or really complex (like the stain glass! Wowza!). I just place mine in a card to give it a little protection. I went to Michael's and got a bunch of cards on sale last weekend because I was almost out. They almost always have cards in the $1 section so you don't have to spend a lot.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2011 06:52:12 AM »

How does everyone send these?  Regular envelopes?  I wouldn't want them to get messed up, though, going through the machines and stuff.....

For me it depends on what's on the card.  If it has something breakable on it, I (generally) try to wrap it in bubble wrap.  I put all my ATC's in snack size ziplock bags ('cause I'm ghetto like that).  Soon I'll break down and but some actually ATC card protectors.

For my cards I've been using old board game cards (A game called Mastermind).  The cards are the perfect 3.5" height, and they are long so I can get two out of one.

MichellesCraftBaske t, if you get bored, you could always premake some ATCs for some common themes and then they will be ready to go when you get the opportunity to claim someone w/ that theme.  We all had talked about this a while ago.  Such smarties on here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2011 08:07:56 AM »

Soon I'll break down and buy some actually ATC card protectors.

Look for baseball card sleeves on ebay. Last year I got a pack of 100 for less than $2 including (US) shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2011 08:13:55 AM »

I put mine in a sleeve (baseball card sleeve, it's the same size), then use sticky photo corners to attach it to the inside of a regular card (the ones from Michael's that Gozer talked about Smiley ).

Mine are usually flat and that works. When I have 3-D'ish ones, I use a padded envelope and more padding inside to make sure. One of the first cards I made had a moveable curtain with a toothpick as the curtain rod, and it arrived safely Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MichellesCraftBasket
~Michelle

I wanna make that, too!!

« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2011 01:41:02 PM »

You guys are all geniuses (sp?)!  Thanks for the info! 

Jillybeans, I have already finished one, and am in the middle of making two more right now!  I figured that I could stockpile, but then I had some offers for personal ATC swaps (hint, hint) so I will be sending these out soon!  Smiley  I think that I will be ghetto, too, for awhile, at least until I can find some cheap sleeves!  Smiley  I am also ghetto like that (if that's ok with everyone!)  I have been using a cut-up cereal box, like in that tute that WideEyedLife posted...

ThreadorYarn, a movable curtain???  OMG, I would love to see that!  OK, feeling intimidated again!  I have a toothpick on my first one, but nothing movable!  (Can I post a picture?  Do you guys want to see it?  How do I do that?)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!  Wanna swap ATCs??  Cheesy

I need a cover for my laptop - Can you make one?  Wanna do a Personal Swap for it?

Work Your Theme ATC Swap - Waiting for feedback!
Check out my new stuff @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221243924562212.65906.147277021958903&l=7158a825ea&
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2011 01:53:44 PM »

MichellesCraftBaske t ~ You can post your ATCs on this crafty board: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=259.0 and share the link here so we can all check it out  Smiley I use Craftster photo hosting, but you can also use photobucket and other picture hosting sites for posting pictures.

You also don't need to use any special sleeve or plastic unless you want to. It's just one extra way to protect the cards. I usually wrap my ATCs in tissue paper or bubble wrap and then stick them in a greeting card.

And many craftsters love getting recycled ATCs, I've even been complimented when I use a cereal-type box for my ATC base.

So you can be as fancy or as ghetto as you like!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2011 08:21:37 PM »

ThreadorYarn, a movable curtain???  OMG, I would love to see that!  OK, feeling intimidated again!  I have a toothpick on my first one, but nothing movable! 

there's a pic here (I crocheted the curtains too. I think that's the most complicated ATC I've done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MichellesCraftBasket
~Michelle

I wanna make that, too!!

« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2011 11:25:43 PM »

Wow, that is super impressive!  Those curtains were tiny!  How did you crochet them??  I love that ATC!  I posted mine that I have done so far in an album on my FB page.  If anyone wants to check them out, here is the link:  
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.244859765533961.70314.147277021958903&l=0833f043a9&type=1

If I am doing a personal swap with you, though, don't look!  Those are the ones that I am sending out!!  Smiley

I have a question:  I know the size of the ATCs are 2.5" by 3.5".  My question is, do they have to be rectangular?  If I start with that size, but trim a corner or a side to make a shape, is that OK?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!  Wanna swap ATCs??  Cheesy

I need a cover for my laptop - Can you make one?  Wanna do a Personal Swap for it?

Work Your Theme ATC Swap - Waiting for feedback!
Check out my new stuff @ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.221243924562212.65906.147277021958903&l=7158a825ea&
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2011 01:01:46 AM »

Oooh, I love #3!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Steve Martin Reads from Born Standing Up
Andrew Clements Talks About Report Cards
Remixing Shakespeare
Ellen Marmur Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Clinton Kelly Reveals His Favorite Movie
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...