A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC swap discussion thread--3.0  (Read 19417 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kitiza
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2011 12:06:05 PM »

Hi folks! Can new people join anytime? Or do I need to wait for the next round? I haven't done any art or crafting for months because I was busy moving. But now I'm mostly settled in and I'm looking for a project.
Welcome aboard! I just joined the swap few days ago also. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2011 01:05:52 PM »

New folks are always welcome! I was "new folks" last month!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2011 09:49:44 AM »

I went to the post office today and they have "Industrial Design" stamps! This may thrill only me but I think they are awesome!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #243 on: July 15, 2011 11:10:10 AM »

I keep going back and forth between making "simple" cards and "complex" cards  Tongue I always feel nervous when I send out a "simple" card, and I feel more nervous when some people are getting "complex" cards from me.  Undecided I really hope the "simple" ones are well received for the simple beauty that they are.

Of course I'm probably over-thinking it since I love any ATC I receive regardless of the simple/complex quality.

That being said, I'm happy to be making ATCs again  Smiley My mom gave me her stamp collection when I was visiting for Christmas and it's been a fun trip down memory lane as I find myself using them for ATCs (the sheep on the card I made for miknessevie, and another stamp I'm using for a newer claim... and I'm sure I will use a few more as time goes on). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #244 on: July 15, 2011 12:38:04 PM »

I keep going back and forth between making "simple" cards and "complex" cards  Tongue I always feel nervous when I send out a "simple" card, and I feel more nervous when some people are getting "complex" cards from me.  Undecided I really hope the "simple" ones are well received for the simple beauty that they are.

Of course I'm probably over-thinking it since I love any ATC I receive regardless of the simple/complex quality.

That being said, I'm happy to be making ATCs again  Smiley My mom gave me her stamp collection when I was visiting for Christmas and it's been a fun trip down memory lane as I find myself using them for ATCs (the sheep on the card I made for miknessevie, and another stamp I'm using for a newer claim... and I'm sure I will use a few more as time goes on). 

I am the same way!!! I have made some simple cards and worry that the recipient will hate it! I am afraid my more complex cards are too busy!! Ahh!! I'm totally insane these days and my ATC anxiety is high lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2011 01:00:33 PM »

I think everyone does that. Even Kwality570 doubted if we wanted her monsters! LOL! Yes, we do!
 I always think people don't want the hand drawn ones that I can do. I try to add stuff to them, sometimes it works - sometimes not so much. But no matter what I always second guess them after sending them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jmiller614
« Reply #246 on: July 15, 2011 01:36:08 PM »

After reading the wonderful thoughts here...I added a stamp to one of my more recent creations. It totally fit! And I wouldn't have thought to add it if I hadn't read all the discussions over keeping stamps...

I thought I would make a note that I am on travel for work for the next ten days. I will have my computer to keep up with the swap, but unfortunately any cards sent to me will be collecting in my mailbox. So sorry to those that just recently sent to me! Can't wait to see them when I return!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #247 on: July 15, 2011 03:24:29 PM »

Well crud! After spending a good long while on one of mine, I discovered that I left out a letter in the only word on it. Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2011 04:53:42 PM »

My sister came around yesterday and I made a bunch of ATCs - my first ones! And I have to say, now I'm hooked!
Just going to add a few details here and there and I'l be set to post out all my outstandings on Monday. And then it's time to claim, claim, claim again *maniacal laughter*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2011 07:15:59 PM »

When I first started ATC, I would send 2 or 3 cards each time partly because I was worried about if they were to simple...or if I made a mistake on a card, I'd make another to make up for it and send both.  It's easy to feel insecure when your doing art for folks you don't know.  I think this swap has helped me to be more confident in all my other swaps, and in my art in general.  That's part of the reason I keep going on and on about how nice y'all are here and how noobies should not worry at all about jumping in.  This swap is just the best place to try out new things and folks still love it all.
P.S.  I've not been around because of the postal strike in Canada (yup it ended last month...I still don't trust them.), but I'm hoping to feel more secure next month Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Challenge Vote Please--http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431933.0#axzz2uu2i2vML
To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to kno
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft Your Onstage Persona as a Comedian
How to Use Storytelling to Promote a City and Its Scenes
Banksy Art and Its Lessons on Leadership
Chris Hinkle on How Music Education Applies in Product Design Career
Dungeons & Dragons Tabletop Gaming Explained
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...