A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC swap discussion thread--3.0  (Read 22456 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2011 01:33:27 PM »

some of us dont have an ABC theme yet

I don't either, but I'd join a finish-my-theme because (for example) I want a set of 12 seasonal cards but I only have 7. That kind of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2011 02:35:52 PM »

I like the idea of two separate swaps, the ongoing, and another.  The other being a "regular" type swap--"finish-my-set theme", with a greater length of time before send-outs because each person would be making more cards.

Let's see.  What if it were, say groups of ten (like gozer suggested), each person making one card for each partner in the group.  That means each person makes ten (all for different people), gets ten (all from different people).  Possibly join more groups if you want.

--maybe require everyone to send internationally, too, so that the international swappers can just be added to the same groups of ten (less hassle for the swap organizer)?

Then, maybe, each person Please oh Please take photos of ATCs sent because many of these might get lost in the mail and then at least there is proof of having made the ATC, whether or not it got lost.

Yes, this would be a lot of partner matching for the organizer! lol.  And the group sizes would have to be adjusted according to the number of overall participants.

But it seems do-able.

Hmmm.  Just some ideas.  It does sound like a lot of fun.

Of course, I'm too busy to organize.  lol

Will. Resist. Temptation.

Grin
This really is a great idea. I like two separate swaps, just because some of us dont have an ABC theme yet. But mayyybe if it works out, and people keep doing ABC themes, this could be an every 4-6 month swap? That way people could keep getting chances to get chunks of their sets complete. Ok I know Im getting a little ahead here, but just throwing it out there Smiley

I LOVE these ideas. And depending on the timing - It could be something I could organise.....now all these wheels are turning in my head. 'Specially cause I want a Buffy ABC Cheesy
Hmm.....I may need to get on the July bandwagon and get more active. Shoot. I get so drawn into swaps! At least ATC's are less huge than most of the things I make Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2011 02:49:06 PM »

Hmmmm..2 ATC swaps at once seems confussing to me LOL.  I was just thinking the regular swap with a monthly theme of Help Get These Done.  Everyone could just put all the card sets they realy want to finish in red or some such.  It would be too confussing for me to be in 2 ATC swap at once.  I find one ATC swap confussing though, so that is probably just me.  Perhaps the rules could be bent a bit and you would be able to pick anyone who has posted, not just the one above you.  I want to help folks with collections they want, but I don't care if I don't get any cards all month. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2011 03:57:38 PM »

Hmmmm..2 ATC swaps at once seems confussing to me LOL.  I was just thinking the regular swap with a monthly theme of Help Get These Done.  Everyone could just put all the card sets they realy want to finish in red or some such.  It would be too confussing for me to be in 2 ATC swap at once.  I find one ATC swap confussing though, so that is probably just me.  Perhaps the rules could be bent a bit and you would be able to pick anyone who has posted, not just the one above you.  I want to help folks with collections they want, but I don't care if I don't get any cards all month. 

suereal - that type of swap is not allowed on craftster, I don't think. I think that if there was the ongoing ATC and a separate ATC swap that was independent of the ongoing one would work. It would just be like a normal swap, and if you wanted to be in both you could, if not no need to be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #214 on: July 06, 2011 04:18:20 PM »

Hello ATC-ers  Smiley Just jumping in to say.... I'm back!  Cheesy at least a little bit... been away from swapping for way too long and I'm on my way to fill out the July questionnaire  Smiley Looking through the June gallery and loving all the great ATCs in there! Can't wait to join the July round, but I am going to try to take it easy and keep my claims low (but we'll see how well I do with that goal  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #215 on: July 06, 2011 05:01:24 PM »

OO OKies, Thanks for the info redstar13 Grin
and Good to see you again kartiana Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2011 09:23:25 AM »

The complete my theme series sounds fun!  I've always wanted to start a series, and that would be a fun way to do it!  I really like doing the ATC's series themes, like Gozer's Lost and MargiePoo's Harry Potters.  I would love to do more for people, they are my favorites! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Kitiza
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2011 11:06:07 PM »

Newbie joining the swap (so please be gentle)! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2011 02:15:16 AM »

The Theme swap sounds really cool. Would a theme of having one card for every Firefly episode be too specific? :B
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2011 06:57:19 AM »

Newbie joining the swap (so please be gentle)! Smiley

WELCOME!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using a Background in Photography
Phottix Atlas Wireless Flash Trigger Review and Tips
The History of Photography
The Difference Between Film and Digital Cameras
The Components of a Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...