A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas to spruce up my plain wedding dress, please! Photo heavy-ish  (Read 6291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spinelli320
Lurky McLurkerson

Go go... not cry cry.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010 04:59:00 PM »

Maybe a handful of vintage rhinestone brooches pinned on along the gather... if you're into the vintage thing... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The world is divided into two kinds of people:  those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos.  ~Author Unknown
kerri_mac
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010 09:53:23 AM »

Love the white flowers, I've seen ones like that in tons of wedding magazines.  I'd use those and add pink and grey pearls with the flowers and along a few of the folds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
djinn_3wishes
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010 08:06:14 PM »

I personally love the dress as is.  I would not change a thing.  No add ons or bling or what have you.  Just some killer shoes and tasteful jewelry.  However, you're gorgeous dress does have a train, and unless you plan to have a bridesmaid follow you around all night making sure you don't trip, you will be bustling your dress.  This is where I would take the opportunity to add something to your dress.  I have rarely seen a bustle that "looks right".  Adding an embellishment at the small of your back when you bustle the dress would be stunning.

Also, as a tip from a girl in the know, grab some diaper pins and throw them in your maid-of-honour's purse just in case your bustle needs some reinforcement.  And some baby wipes - they get make-up off of clothing in case some old auntie gets foundation on your shoulder!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Cuddlefish

Keep your heels, head and standards high.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010 06:35:02 AM »

Thanks for the tips!

Yes, I fully plan on bustling up for the reception, that was one of the first things I asked about when I chose a dress with a train. I went to a wedding where the bride had a train and didn't bustle.... by the end of the night she literally had shoe prints and dirt all over it! I swore I wouldn't let that happen to my dress.... I was 14 at the time. lol.

Do you think some flowers like I posted at first would embellish the bustle well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annouska
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011 08:31:50 AM »

I also think the dress is already beautiful. Anyway, I would'nt add anything at the top because it could ruin the gorgeous pleating, so I'd go with the accesories. Have you thought of charcoal lace mittens? you could also use some colour in the headdress and the jewlery. But if you really want to add somthing to the dress, I would go for pearls or crystals along the hem, specially if you're using charcoal tones.
Of course, that's what I would do. To do the flower thing you posted, you can either buy the flowers or buy some fabric and gather it in the way you like. Then you could buy some fake jewlery, like hair slides or brouches, or even big earrings, and sew them to the dress. Just be sure you can "puzzle" them together and that they don't dirt the dress.

I hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badwildrose
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011 08:40:11 AM »

i've seen rhinestone trim that can be stitched on - i used it to baste onto my daughter's prom dress.  You could accent the lines of the wrap top, without adding too much, and then use some of the other ideas...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnorama
There's a party in my yarn stash and everyone's invited.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011 04:12:10 PM »

The white flowers from your first post + 1 or more co-ordinating vintage brooches?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some girls were just born with glitter in their veins.

Visit my blog @ somethingquitelovel y.blogspot.com
18MapleStreet
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011 06:49:03 AM »

If it were me, I would make a long, wide band of fabric in one of your colors and tie it around the waist, perhaps making a small bow and letting the tails run all the way down to the hem of the dress. And because I'm a serious fan of sparkly things, I'd embellish it with Swarovski flatbacks in coordinating colors. I am actually thinking of doing something like this for my own wedding dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ 18MapleStreet
My Etsy shop!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gooseberry Jelly
How to Make Mayonnaise - Whip It Up!
How to Make Butter
How to Make Tequila Chicken
Beer Can Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...