A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,988
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 242
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 252704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 17, 2011 08:20:11 AM »

ok its pretty basic but it was a hit with the boys  Grin
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211869.0;all

Last year i gave one nephew an old book that I cut out the middle of and made into a book safe, he really liked that and it was cheap as chips. I hid a small amount of money inside.

Can't wait to see your dishmat!
I have just made an craft apron and two other items for a swap, can't show you picks yet but pretty happy with results
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 17, 2011 01:41:40 PM »

I went to a craft fair today.It seemed that sock monkeys,anything fall/autumn,crocheted hats,scarves,floral displays,and wooden items that was painted was going pretty good.Also sports based items like fabric pumpkins,painted barn wood with sports sayings on it.Saw one item I'm might be making 2 christmas gifts for 2 friends.It was a piece of wood shaped like a pencil with the saying on it that said "Please Snow,I'm a Teacher." And it was painted like a pencil.I might make one that says that and one that is musicbased. Grin.Then i saw a lot of crocheted items.Everytime I go I really get inspired to start crafting.And I have a huuuuge stash of craft supplies.Oh yeah one more thing was selling like crazy.Homemade jams,jellies was selling like there wasn't going to be any more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2092 on: September 17, 2011 05:26:02 PM »

S.c.o.r.e.d! on the thread, finally at a thrift store! 1.99 for big bag of sewing things...haven't counted the spools yet! =] 

About the folded star trivet...it's not prairie points.  *my bad*  4 and 5" squares folded in half, pressed and then fold/press into arrow shape(triangle w/both sides folded in...hope that helps...=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 17, 2011 05:58:48 PM »

I like the idea of home made food, hmm jams and things, anything you can eat could be a good Christmas present.
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2094 on: September 18, 2011 02:56:55 PM »

Cute monkeys!!  I love their stripeyness!

I bought an el cheapo sewing machine today.  I'm sick and tired of the issue the ones I have are giving me. (one randomly jams and ceases, and the other gives me fancy little loops on the other side, both were deemed sort of functional, but irreparable.)  Hope this little cheap singer from walmart holds me over for a few more years.... Or at least until well after christmas....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: September 18, 2011 05:40:03 PM »

Love the monkeys!
Belladune, your post reminded me.....
I have two sewing machines to destash/pass on.
One is an old heavy metal thing of indeterminable age, that was my Aunties, build like ROCK, free to a good home.
The other is one that I saved from being tossed out, also old, has had no usage over the last twenty years, it sat in a shed, I had it serviced, the service cost $100, so if I could get back the service cost I would be happy.
You would have to live in Western Australia, and be able to pick them up.
Pm me for further details. I would love to see them go to a good home and I could use the space. Grin
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2096 on: September 19, 2011 01:34:50 AM »

Being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator,  every year I have retired stock that I can no longer demonstrate.  I don't really call stamps, stash.  I call them tools.  Tools are things you need to reduce the stash.

Anyway, I sold some of my retired stamps sets today. I got $81.00 for 5 sets of stamps.  Just got 17 more sets to sell.  Then I can use the money to buy new stamps to replace the once I have sold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2097 on: September 19, 2011 05:45:44 AM »

Way to go, Quazicat!!  Wink  I'd have a hard time picking! =]

Oh, if only I lived in Western Australia! =]  I've got enough sewing machines, for now tho! I'm also making my Sears clearanced machine work while I abuse it over the next several years learning to sew better...=] 

Craftylittlemonkey...cute monkeys!!! I really love your crafty ideas that you get done!  I have lots of ideas, get distracted, and don't make as many as I'd like.  I've been going everyday to visit a friend who's been needing trips to Dr., etc.  so I take my crocheting.  I've gotten this little number done and from stash, too.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=389785.msg4630966#msg4630966

I'm nearly finished w/another that is a bit bigger, also from stash.  I could see making some more of these w/my small bit of pompadour yarns. 
Here's the dishmat(fabric on both sides w/towel in the middle):

And here's my accquired threads for 1.99(also came w/needles, measuring tapes, other odds n'ends)

I'm not there yet, but let the winter hybernation begin when it does...I'm ready for some serious destashing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2098 on: September 19, 2011 07:11:09 AM »

Those monkeys are so cute!

anitacj--sounds like there was such a variety of things...glad you honed in on what was selling...it is nice to know what people want...I like homemade foods because I know the work that goes into them...

wow--what a cute dishmat!  Do you know how old the thread is?  They look fairly new...I know that thread can deteriorate quickly...using old thread on a very time consuming project like a quilt is not recommended...but you can use it for small projects or stuff that is not critical...I have lots and lots of old thread sitting in a box that I just need to throw out and keep the wooden spools Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quartz
« Reply #2099 on: September 19, 2011 08:35:50 AM »

OMLG the toe heads are adorable! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 242 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...