A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 169826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2160 on: August 31, 2011 03:22:50 PM »

I'm all over the organization again...  I'm thinking a fabric covered set of boxes that can house my overflowing stash of fibres.  I hate that it's all just in bags on the floor of my closet...  With 2 shelves just covered with stuff  spread thinly across, I'm sure I can get to the point of having that better sorted too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 31, 2011 03:36:32 PM »

Hi all!
I had a great holiday! 21 days in the mediteranean, 19 on a cruise, woo hoo! I even found a craft group on the boat and made three things! hehe.
wow, so many crafty new things to look at!
Kittymom, I love your string quilt and snowball quilt! oh and the square quilt and the progress on the friendship quilt  Grin, ok and now I am up to the shawl/scarf, lovely. I wish you lived locally, I would love to come to your house and check out all your crafts.
Cute bracelet, LolaandBean  Cheesy and I love your wash cloths.
Congrats aprettymess on getting a stall, looking forward to seeing your wares  Grin, wow, great totes!
Wow, bananaleg, love all that you have made, the hat is my fave  Cheesy, hang on, now you have posted more stuff and that jam looks delish!
Brackish potato, your scrpbooking is lovely.
Lovely yarn, Laughing Lark.
vampedangel14, love your weaving, great inspiration.
Im not even going to look at the links everyone has been posting till I get unpacked and done food shopping..........
Cute star allwaysinmyroom  Cheesy

ok, I think I am caught up on what everyone has done.
I made a last minute journal out of an old kids pop up book, and I LOVed the clours, but unfortunatley, I forgot to check my ground before painting and should have sanded back the shiny finish, so the surface ended up too unstable, and I ripped out the pages I had journeled and it is now in the trash in Barcelona.
I finished some more doll quilts just before I left, and made a beaded lanyard, a quick new journal and some cards while on the ship. I also visited an amazing place in Croatia where ladies where making silk thread, and I got to peel some silk from silk worm cocoons!
I loved the embroidery they did, and bought a handwoven belt they had made, so beautiful and a soon to be lost art tragically, as the family traditions are not being passed onto the next generation.
Happy to be home,
S
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011 03:40:59 PM by ScrappySue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2162 on: August 31, 2011 06:16:03 PM »

Brackish, the pages are looking great. And i love the lapghan! Great colors.

Great themes, gaudiknight. "All done but the pressing"... that describes me to a T! Also, i love brown and plaid. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2163 on: August 31, 2011 07:51:08 PM »

i havent been able to stop by for 2 weeks or so... i am going through the thread as i type this:

brackish: your scrapbooking pages are gorgeous! i love the color choices... in fact i think we love the same colors  Tongue
i refer to myself as a "ghetto scrapbooker"  Undecided all scrapbooks i have ever done are magazine cutouts and construction paper in composition books lol

laughinglark: your yarns are beautiful. i favor the aqua one! i just received a kit to learn how to knit for my birthday  Grin excited to try so i can make amazing things like you all

always: the mod destashing in flat rate boxes is awseome! sounds like so much fun! like christmas hahah

vamp: the colors in your weaving are beautiful... how big is the square?

lolaandbean: the dishcloths are cool, do they work well to clean? forgive my ignorance i am just entering the world of yarn

bananaleg: your sleep mask is to cool! how long have you been canning? i have everything i need to start but i got intimidated and never tried

kittymom your shawl is very pretty. does garter stripe refer to the knit pattern?

scrappysue: glad you had a great vacation... sounds amazing! ive never been on a cruise

i am wrapping up some wallets to match the totes and then making some more of each with diff fabrics. i dont think im going to make many of my larger totes because im not sure people in my city would pay for them. i want to have some aprons done too... in fact i will be starting an apron inspired by watermelon tonight (if all goes as planned). my aunt has had her follow up scan and we get results tuesday  Huh hope its good news! school started 2 weeks ago and looks good. time management becoming a priority because i miss sewing and am in desperate need of going to my "happy place"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2164 on: September 01, 2011 06:01:16 AM »

Welcome back scrappysue!!

aprettymess--make sure you do fit some sewing into your busy schedule--it will help you with stress and also clear your mind to concentrate on important things!

I also will prayer for good results for your auntie!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011 06:01:38 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2165 on: September 01, 2011 07:33:10 AM »

Welcome back ScrappySue!  Cheesy  Missed your quilty/sewing inspiration.  I'd love to hang out w/you AnYtImE!!! I need anther crafty lady close by to keep me on task! Your trip sounds amazing...so many great sites and crafters galore.  It is a shame that Croatia is losing craft traditions to modern distractions.  I hope to 'infect' as many little ones as I can...nieces, friends and their little ones...hehehe

aprettymess...so glad you're still crafting...dittos to what alwaysinmyroom said...it is good to find a bit of time to do what you love in the midst of what you have to.  Wink  Prayers and Well Wishes for your Auntie!  Would love to see your wallets and finished watermellon apron...I'm sure you'll do a smash-up job on it!

I've gotten a rash of start-up-itis the last two days...OI! Must focus, must focus!!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2166 on: September 02, 2011 07:22:03 PM »

Been a few weeks since I posted but I thought I would post some stuff made from the paper stash.  Some cards are decorated on the inside.

Steam Punk Birthday card for DH

inside

inside

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011 07:23:09 PM by qazicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2167 on: September 02, 2011 08:12:14 PM »

I love your cards... I always want to buy more stampin up stuff but barely have time for the usual suspects.   I'm loving the one with the girl on the tree swing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2168 on: September 03, 2011 03:15:15 PM »

Used some more of the paper stash recently by holding some card making classes.

This is what we made in my bleach class.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #2169 on: September 03, 2011 07:41:51 PM »

qazicat - I love steampunk, so that card is awesome! And i love the little moutain/brook scene on the good luck card. So pretty! Is that your own artwork?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Handmade Portraits: Black-Eyed Suzie
Handmade Portraits: Mabel Pike
How to Make a Cocktail Umbrella Lantern
Wreath Artists Reveal Their Work
How to Make Handmade Stockings
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...