A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 200339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2010 on: July 30, 2011 08:10:08 AM »

All the yarnery in here is AWESOME!
And Qazi, wow to your dolls. Floyd is my fave <3.

Finished 14 hankies made from an old pillow case, hemmed 3 skirts, nearly done a fluffly crinoline skirt for my girl. Very froo froo lala, she's gonna love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2011 on: July 30, 2011 06:44:13 PM »

Well, my mom and i went to some garage sales today... I've been pretty disappointed with the sales this year, so i wasn't expecting much. And then we hit the jackpot. This woman was putting out tons of acrylic paint, canvases upon canvases... crochet and knitting books... hooks... needles... yarn upon yarn... and a pack of shrinky dink stuff. Which i'm just realizing i forgot to grab...

They moved her mom in about 6 years ago, and she brought boxes and boxes of craft supplies which she hasn't touched since... so they put it all out in their garage sale.

Anyway, i grabbed some yarn, a bag of knitting needles (woohoo for lots of different sizes!), a small bag of yarn scraps, and some fat quarters. I plan on trying out a tea wallet tutorial i found the other day. As well as a "summer wallet" tutorial i'm pretty excited about.
And i bought some teal yarn at Jo-Ann today for a birthday gift for my mom. (Her mom died of ovarian cancer, so teal is big with us.)

Considering what i COULD have gotten today, i made out okay...

On another note, i've taken all the little yarn ends from the baby blanket and tied them together. I'm hoping to find the perfect baby booties pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 30, 2011 07:21:21 PM »

I have an old sewing machine to destash, if anyone lives in Western Australia and can pick it up.
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2013 on: July 30, 2011 08:55:03 PM »

Bananaleg, sounds like the stash I just gave to my cousin, lol.

Ok, here's a pic of the skirt I made for my daughter out of the bits and pieces left over from my skirts. We call it the fruit salad skirt and she insists on sniffing it every time she puts it on, lol. It's got an adjustable elastic in the waist, the sort with button holes so you can make it smaller or bigger to fit.

And here's the beginning of my gibbous inspired frock, the bottom is two very frilly doilies I cut in half to get 4 pieces. That is not easy, to cut up a doily that is made of teensy crocheted cobweb.
I don't really know where to go from here, my style is pretty neat and tidy, not so much rag bag fraying shreds that look stuck on to a garment. Any suggestions of what to do next are gratefully received, I have no idea how to proceed with this...

Oh, and my sewing machine gave up the ghost today, poop. I had other things I wanted to sew before packing it all up for storage. It will have to wait now. That's OK though, I cleaned the house instead. And then I broke out the paints and fabric medium and half arse tie dyed a white cotton dress of my daughter's so she'll have something to wear under the crinoline. I'll try to get a shot of her in it tomorrow to post, the dress is drying before I give it a rinse and hot set it. The tub was a rainbow craftastrophe when I was through, oh man. Gotta clean the bathroom before I hit the hay.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011 08:59:00 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: July 30, 2011 09:43:55 PM »

I just finished another Steampunk Softie.  Minerva Dupine.  Most everthing came from the stash but I had to buy a couple of things to finish here.

Here's her thread
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387177.0

Here' a thumb nail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2015 on: July 30, 2011 10:17:16 PM »

OOO monkey! That dress is adorable! And your frock is lovely as well. I'm not sure it needs much more....you could make new straps and or cover the top part with more doilies..or go for the back and have the major part of the back covered....maybe down to a point to show off your cute bum (I've never seen it but CLM must have a cute bum). OR go for paint or dye. If you have any doilies with large holes, you could lay them out on the frock and then spray dye over that to get a soft version of the doily ideas...or use the doilies like potato stamps?  Yah know, paint the doilies then slap it down and press a bit?  OR make a little shrug to go with it out of hacked up doilies....or just leave it as is cause it's very pretty

And RIP MonkeyMachine. I'm sure she rode you long and hard Grin

And Minerva Dupine is very distinguished..and adorable!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011 10:19:51 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my entry in the Ticketmaster challenge Grin

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439314.new#new
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2016 on: July 31, 2011 05:18:15 AM »

Ah, Suzi, you are the BEST! I love the idea of doily stencils! And a doily shrug. I'll totally do that. I feel like it needs some kind of ribbonry on the body, maybe some slight rutching on the sides too. Something... I should ask Master Wulf, his Gibbous dress was so brilliant.

Qazi, what's with these dolls, are you making stock for a shop or show? You're on a tear girl!

ETA Here's my little one's newly painted dress (acrylics, fabric medium and water). It's a bit brighter in real life.
I wet the dress and twisted it up, then rubbed the paint and fabric medium into my palms and squeezed it where I wanted it to go on the dress. Let it sit for a bit, twisted to squeeze out the excess, laid it flat on a plastic surface for a bit, then hung to dry. I rinsed it this morning and put it into the drier to set it but not much paint came out so I think it's permanent now. Will have to be careful what I wash it with though in case it runs. Isn't it cute? She wore it out today, she loves it <3.

And here is it with her uber poofy new crinoline/tutu. I serged the edges in pink, looks cute and keeps the netting from climbing up itself and making a great snarly tangle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011 07:20:35 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2017 on: July 31, 2011 06:18:27 AM »

Qazi, what's with these dolls, are you making stock for a shop or show? You're on a tear girl!

I haven't made dolls for such a long time.  The local doll artist guild, of which I am a member is having a exhibition stand at a huge craft and quilt fair that is in a couple of weeks.  The theme for our exhibition is Steampunk.  I am churning out these dolls for the exhibition.  I may sell them later.  Besides I just bought the book 'Steampunk Softies'.  These are fun and relatively quick to make compared to some of the dolls I usually make.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011 06:21:24 AM by qazicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: July 31, 2011 07:22:23 AM »

They are fantastic! I love the quirkiness of them. They're not like any steampunk sofies I've seen so far, very original. I think they'd sell, this stuff is still so hot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2019 on: July 31, 2011 12:46:58 PM »

I love the new and original steampunk dolls that Quazicat is making... Shocked  They really are nicely done...can't wait to see how the exhibition goes. =]  Quazi...do you need any wire or little articles for making up more dolls?  I have some things laying around here that you may be able to put to good use!  PM if you want more info!

CLM...very nice dress/skirt for the little monkey...=]  and I like the gibbeous start to your made-over slip!  I think if you have a long crocheted runner you could make up a shrug in no time! I thought of ruffle sleeves on the straps of the slip.  The doily on the hemline is really pretty!

I've gotten one Granny's Daughters Afghan all finished, except the few ends to weave in.  I"m just a few squares away from having a Granny Square Swap afghan ready to put together.  Tomorrow starts the sewing party...I didn't wait to find a Free-cycle serger...I went and got one at the sewing store and hope to get lots of ideas on how to use it in the near future.  For now I'm making up pillowcase dresses for charity!  I've done that much and hopefully it is fully threaded and ready to go...=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew Straight on the Sewing Machine
How to Stitch Blackwork Embroidery
How to Sew a Dart on Garments
How to Do Ribbon Embroidery
How to Paint Warhammer Miniatures
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...