A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,081
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 155222 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1940 on: July 19, 2011 03:38:47 PM »

I've used six feet of size 10 thread for a necklace to hang my glasses while at work.  Grin

Frankly, this is about as much crafting as I will be doing over the next few months I think. Work is insane and just increasing so, school is kicking my butt this semester and I don't want to touch anything. *phooey*

On the other hand, I am still stashing along. Patterns have been pulled out, measurements taken, sketches sketched, but the plans for it all be done for  next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1941 on: July 19, 2011 07:44:07 PM »

I wish I could destash as much sewing as you all have--I've been struggling lately just to keep my house from looking like a trash bin.

This has long since ceased to matter to me. Not only would I not normally be able to stand living in such a catastrophe, there were even people over here today, WITH their children. There is simply not any floor in this apartment currently, I am so not kidding, but I just don't care, all that matters is the crafting. I think I've gone a little mad with it. The idea of packing it all away and having no access to my lovely, lovely tools and supplies, it's driven me a bit round the bend.
I need an intervention. I've still got a box, yes, and entire box of useless scraps. I mean like little string scrappy bits that could be set outside for birds to build nests with. I can't let it go. And then there are the teensy pieces of fleece and tshirt that I horde like they are the most valuable treasure. I was thinking today that I could make fabric balls out of that, they would sell if I priced them low enough (even though they take FOREVER to sew all the fussy little pieces together properly, especially at the join). What the heck is wrong with me? I need help Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

"this kid is driving me craaaazy!"-Robert Munchs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1942 on: July 19, 2011 09:10:14 PM »

CLM, for your tiny bitty scraps you need to learn how to spin them into yarn.  Then knit them into something fabulous.  Ohoh! Or weave them... where's that scrappy woven monster..... I'll go find it! Lookie that! here he is: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=313652.msg3607402#msg3607402

Also, I went through a period like that.  What do you mean by "what have you been doing all day... sure looks like nothing"  oh no dear, look look!  I made this and this and this and this.  Got started on this too!  very busy!  "but the kids look hungry, haven't you fed them?"  well, the have access to the fruit bowl....  And I sliced them some cheese....

... LOL sometimes we just get a little carried away and one day you'll feel utterly wiped, sleep, then clean and tidy.  Cheesy  Just enjoy it while it lasts!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011 09:11:31 PM by Belladune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1943 on: July 20, 2011 12:20:55 AM »

"but the kids look hungry, haven't you fed them?"  well, the have access to the fruit bowl....  And I sliced them some cheese....

*blink, blink* You mean this isn't a meal? Maybe that is why I am getting those looks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1944 on: July 20, 2011 03:09:30 AM »

Cute reference to the Woven Monster...leave it to NOO to make it up so cute!  I would find it a treasure to get that loom for so cheap!  Well, it'll be 12 hours of sitting two girls(kitteh terrorists) and it is hot outside(Yay)  I may take them to the McD's later(down the road), Otherwise, it's me and my crochet today. *sanity*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Purpley Goodness

Increase The Peace!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1945 on: July 20, 2011 04:49:04 AM »

I can't believe how productive everyone has been on this board; way back in January I posted a list of projects that I was sure I would get my teeth stuck into but life got in the way as it does!  But now I can present my first finished item, which wasn't even on the list, of course  Roll Eyes  It's the Buginarug cowl from Berocco and it is incredibly easy; great for beginners - just a whole heap of casting on and off.  I used Shadow Tweed Fuschia by Patons, the colours are much darker than my photos, more of a grape to boysenberry colour.  I love the variegated wool, it gave it more oomph.  Hopefully I will be posting again soon now that the drought is broken!  I also got to use up some Fimo as well, to make the buttons, yay me!  Smiley

(this is closer to the colour for both the wool and the buttons)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: July 20, 2011 06:12:33 AM »

do you think its possible to make a fabric paper mache? then you could still have all your scraps but in a solid form. Hands would look good, or ohhh birds!
I used to beat myself up about scraps, but they can just take up space in your room, and in your brain. Its ok to let the scraps go to fabric heaven.
Today I was making doll quilts and my strips where too small, so I started joining some together before using. Gave an interesting patchwork look with no effort at all. Ill post pics after I have recovered from work. That could be a saleable product for you.
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1947 on: July 20, 2011 06:53:35 AM »

What a lovely cowl!  It looks amazingly complicated!  I love the twists and turns...and the color is gorgeous!

wow--I wish I had not seen the woven monster...it took everything I had to throw out the snips of fabrics and yarn...I even pulled some out thinking I could use it for stuffing or something...but I threw them out again...my rule now is that if I cannot use the scrap to make TM poptarts or fabric bookmarkers, out it goes! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1948 on: July 20, 2011 07:33:43 AM »

weave them... where's that scrappy woven monster..... I'll go find it! Lookie that! here he is: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=313652.msg3607402#msg3607402

NNnnnnooooo!!!! DON'T give me more project ideas!!! ARGH!!! Now I'll Never be able to rid myself of any scraps, ever again!
I've had this scrappy project bookmarked forever, check it out.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=112111.0

Purpley Goodness, that is absolutely gorgeous! What colour and what an interesting textural design. I love it.

For all you yarn lovers, here's a tute for using up scraps that is just gorgeous. I'd love to see more of these, they are wonderful just to look at over and over again. The detail... yummy!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=293504.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1949 on: July 20, 2011 07:41:51 AM »

you are an enabler...you ALL are! Cheesy

I wonder if hubby has put the trash out on the curb.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
United States in Style: Portland
Fashion Fixes With Kelly Lee
Three Takes on the Printed Pants Trend
Olivia Wilde Shows Us How to Rock a T-Shirt
Style Sound-Off: Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Beyonce
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...