A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,075
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 177422 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1220 on: April 28, 2011 05:17:26 PM »

You did a great job, Craftylittlemonkey! Plenty of quilts are tied, so yours isn't disqualified. I really love that backing fabric!
-a black jersey knit miniskirt
-a tailor's ham (super easy!)

hey spiffyhink... 2 questions for ya
what kind of tension do you use for jersey knit? (ive bought some and i brought proper needles but too scared to try yet lol)
and did you use an online tut for tailers ham? i want to make one too

clm! your blanket is cute... i like how it comes together

bananaleg i looooooooooooooooooooove your buttons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1221 on: April 28, 2011 08:18:32 PM »

Cute, cute, cute...and the buttons are sweet!  =]  How long did they take to work up? 
I worked about 2 hours the first night, I think. And the next day... maybe 4 or 5? I think. It seemed to go by pretty quickly, but I watched at least 3 movies (that's how I gauge time, haha).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1222 on: April 28, 2011 08:32:51 PM »

so i finally bought a pair of nude heels yesterday
i have been wanting them soooooo bad!
and although they match EVERYTHING i couldnt find a perfect outfit to debut them

so i eyed my fabric and came across what was left of the airplanes i used to make my nephews shorts... i am soooooo happy with the end product and got tons of compliments on my outfit  Grin

it only took me an hr to make... im getting quicker  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1223 on: April 29, 2011 12:57:48 AM »

Way to go, aprettymess!!   Smiley  Really love the skirt...and the shoes are very pretty.  I thought you were going to show home-made shoe bags to keep them from getting scuffed!!  *the skirt looks TinY!*  'course that comes from a girl 5'10", size 11 shoe, and much more to cover in a skirt, too... Roll Eyes

I like how you 'measure' time, bananaleg!  Do you measure for brownies that a-way??  Grin
I didn't get to chocolate cake...distracted w/business stuff again... Tongue
Been requested to make another pie for DH's workmates...made them one last Sunday.  Also made this week: a quiche and pumpkin pie.  I cheated...used Pilsbury pie crust.
A little bit of business today then I can go shopping and stock up on baking supplies...and a skein of yarn!  I plan on watching coverage of the Royal wedding for as long as I want...then putting in The Fiddler on the Roof and singing along as I bake and sew!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1224 on: April 29, 2011 01:20:11 AM »

Ive been relatively productive.  Ive sewed up one side of my quilt for my little niece.  When I say quilt, please understand my skills get me as far as sewing squares together and hoping they are straight.  Thing is I was having a bit of a funny five minutes in the shop and bought baby blue cord to back it rather than fleece.  When I got home I suddenly thought, although she might like the texture, it is not going to be very cuddly.  I had kind of thought it could be a mat on the floor in which case cord would be more practical, but now I think about it Im thinking I should have gone with the fleece...  Any opinions?  On a side note Ive got a little embroidery on the go.  De-stashing embroidery threads is not really a priority because I know I will just buy them all in again, but it has used up a little bit of grey cotton which I had no other plans for.  De-stashing 'by the thimbleful, again  Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1225 on: April 29, 2011 05:39:12 AM »

Bananaleg I have some of those buttons, they are super cute on your slippers!

Prettymess that skirt is so awesome! I have a bunch of weird fabrics for skirts that I have to make up this summer. I bought some fruit prints that are actually scratch and sniff, no kidding. Banana, apple and orange, I can't wait to wear them lol.

I have pockets saved from deconstructing pants years and years ago, I had a whole box full of them I wanted to make a large quilt out of but a while ago I sorted them and kept only a few. I have had them on the back burner because there are just tons of other projects that need my attention more than a random pocket craft but last night I couldn't resist working with them LOL. After the finger destroying hand sewn quilt binding for 3 nights in a row I wanted to do something FUN! I have no idea what I'm going to do with this thing, maybe a door or wall hanging? I am not really into "stuff" hanging around the house but I kind of love this a lot so will probably keep it. I still need to edge stitch the center panels and I think I'm going to line the back with some funky cherry patterned flannel (an old baby blanket a family friend made me when my daughter was born). How to hang it up though, hmm... Anyhow, what do you think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #1226 on: April 29, 2011 07:46:19 AM »

I love the pocket quilt! The first thing that came to mind for hanging; do you have any waistbands from pants left? You can attached one to the back and then run a dowel rod through the loops and hang it up that way. ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1227 on: April 29, 2011 07:59:46 AM »

Oh, you're smart. I don't think I saved any of those though...
I'm working on it now, I'll put a layer of fleece between the front and the back so it can be used as a lap quilt for my daughter but I'll put loops on the back or a hem of some sort to hang it up with using a dowel.
I've laid out some of the other corderoy scraps to make covers for some giant cushions I made last year. I wasn't sure about keeping those either but the kids use them so I think I will. They are filled with chip foam I scored at the thrift store for next to nothing, I like it because it fluffs back up so easily, unlike polyfil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Brackish Potato
« Reply #1228 on: April 29, 2011 09:01:12 AM »

aprettymess, I'm so wisting your airplane skirt! I love that fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #1229 on: April 29, 2011 09:12:42 AM »

Destashed some of my bedsheet stash on this 'test' dress for a pattern I'm going to make for a personal swap.  I wanted to test it before I made the actual item as once I cut the fabric, I will NOT have enough left to start over, and I can't get anymore (vintage bed sheet) if I screw it up.  I'm pleased with how it came out, though I will be going with the other option for the back, as this option was a HUGE pain to do and I had to rip and re-sew like 3 times before it fit me right.  Don't have that option when making and mailing to someone...you won't be there to rip and re-do if it doesn't fit them right!

Overall I like it, and maybe with some tweaking on this current back style it could work out better for making something blind for another person in the future.

Even though this was a test project, it is a completed project nonetheless.  Another item off the list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Header in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Divide Sections by Color in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Set Layout Size and Guide Lines in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Create Layout in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 - How to Edit Images in Dreamweaver and Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...