A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 166047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2JC4life
« Reply #1160 on: April 18, 2011 07:59:05 PM »

PUL = polyurethane laminate.  (You'll usually see it referred to just as PUL, though.)  It's fabric where a polyurethane coating has been laminated onto the fabric (usually a stretchy polyester).  It's used a lot in sewing diapers - also for feminine pads, wet bags, etc.  It hasn't been "FDA approved" for food, but other types of fabric with polyurethane coatings have, so polyurethane is apparently food safe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1161 on: April 18, 2011 08:34:31 PM »

i c... i imagine its fine if other things use it just fine
ive never worked with it but now i am curious  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1162 on: April 20, 2011 08:22:58 PM »

Ok... I'm in!

So I've decided to destash, I dragged this bag upstairs and decided to use it all up before touching another bag. My stash of yarn isn't too too out of hand considering how often I crochet, but its still starting to take over the basement.

First thing I grabbed out was a mixture of greens, browns and whites. the result was this 10 foot long scarf, my first project with fringe, which always intimidated me before, but after doing it now... wow! its simple! Now I have to figure out what to do with it, I already have a lot of scarves, but I do really like it...

Then I had Lily go through my crochet books, and she picked out this bee from... Too Cute Crochet(I think). Of course, I suck at totally following a pattern, so its acrylic instead of wool, different colors than the bee in the pic, and I couldn't find my safety eyes, so Lily found the sunglasses in my button box, and that is what he got for eyes! Cheesy I HATE making amigurumis, but I dealt with it here for her. Cheesy It has wings, but I could NOT figure out the pattern for the wings, so I just *winged* it.

Then I made these grannies with nothing in mind in particular this past weekend, they'll probably find their way into a box...

And with that... I think I'm officially going to join the destash along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1163 on: April 20, 2011 09:23:35 PM »

That's really cool. Did you just randomly pull out colors or specifically choose them? Either way you're off to a great start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1164 on: April 21, 2011 04:52:00 AM »

I LOVE the bee PixieVal! The scarf is great and the squares will make something great and warm some day.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1165 on: April 21, 2011 06:03:46 AM »

Thanks guys! With the exception of the 2 green squares, I pretty much just grabbed random yarn from my bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #1166 on: April 21, 2011 07:22:10 AM »

Those all look great!  It looks like you need a granny square swap. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: April 21, 2011 07:29:57 AM »

yay for yarn destashing pixieval!  Ive definately been inspired to keep trying to decrease my yarn stash.  I mean it isnt as bad as my fabric one, but considering I dont knit much it is pretty bad. 
I started knitting on the train the other day, Godzilla from the Knitted Icons book.  There was a little boy asking what I was doing so I told him I was knitting a dinosaur (I thought the concept of godzilla might be lost on him.)  It turned out dinosaurs were his favourite thing in the world and he spent the rest of the journey anxiously watching me waiting for the dinosaur to appear!  Alas I only finished his belly, however the boy seemed quite happy with that.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #1168 on: April 21, 2011 09:11:06 AM »

In January I made a resolution not to buy paper for six months. I've done well. I even managed to destash quite a bit in the Paper/Ephemera Swap. It felt so good to whittle down my stash a bit and get rid of stuff that I know I'll never use.
Yesterday I fell off the wagon. I felt so guilty, like I was buying drugs! But I just bought 2 sheets of paper and I needed them for a swap (Ok, I just needed one for the swap. The other one's just for me because I like the patttern so much).
/confession
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1169 on: April 21, 2011 10:09:16 AM »

I just looked at everyone's projects in here, A very talented group! I can't wait to see more of everyone's destash, and get some more on here. I'm working on another scarf right now, but I think I should try to bust out a couple of afghans for some serious busting. I have a wedding to go to next month, so I'll try to make a huge afghan for a gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
maya tuto - verin
ALEXANDEREPAIR
How to Start a Nature Journal
How to Stretch
How to do the cow face stretch
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...