A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 174258 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #540 on: February 01, 2011 11:39:40 AM »

Don't you use your fabrics for your hoops as well?  They are so awesome...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: February 01, 2011 11:43:57 AM »

Yeah definitely for those too  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #542 on: February 01, 2011 01:08:05 PM »

I joined the bookmark swap, so that ought to be good for destashing paper, but not much though. Bookmarks are like the Teesha Moore of papercrafting. Smiley I've also been asked by a friend to make some cards so that should help a bit too. I'm really bad about hoarding paper. I tend to hold onto it, waiting for the "perfect" project, all the while my stash keeps growing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: February 01, 2011 01:42:18 PM »

Thank you all for your kind remarks about my bag.  Momcuellar yeh I just used the material as it was.  I havent got too far into my customization yet! It felt very nice to use some stash up AND one of my friends saw it and requested one the same so I've got a commission and get to use up even more fabric!  This morning I made up the structure of the next bag and have enough fabric left for one more (so long as it is lined in a different material.)  When that is finished I shall have used up one whole piece of fabric from my stash Smiley.
I feel like I can never make progress.  even if I use up a bit of fabric or a ball of yarn, there are always... hundreds of others still in the stash. well. Maybe not hundreds...
Dont lose heart.  I totally agree with Alwaysinmyroom atleast you are keeping it under control and you dont really want to rush things.   Im sure you could happily use it all up really, but its always nice to have something in stock. I would love to actually have a bigger stash, so I always have what I need; when I need it.  I would also love a designated craft room.  This isn't really possible for me until I get a better job and a more permanent place to live.  My stash needs busting because I cannot keep moving it from one temporary accomodation to the next.  Im probably lucky that keeping my sewing machine is an option.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #544 on: February 01, 2011 01:48:11 PM »

I was hoping that I could use up all of this eyelash/fun fur yarn in this three-ply art yarn experiment. No luck. I wound it onto one of my bobbins to make it twisty so it would ply better, and about half of it is still on the bobbin. Cheesy Technically, this is still in my stash, but I turned a shade of yellow wool I didn't much care for and some annoying furry yarn into something I can knit or crochet with.
I was feeling like defying the blizzard going on outside with something very springy. I still need to set the twist in this yarn, but not today. I'm super-tired from numerous trips outside to shovel.
"Marshmallow Peeps and Easter Grass"

I'm not sure what it will be yet. I'm probably going to spin up some other yarn to ply with the rest of the furry stuff, then I'll decide what project it will become.

I am loving all the projects so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #545 on: February 01, 2011 05:19:52 PM »

February DeStash Themes

Color: Red
For: Someone who needs cheering up
Pattern: Polka-dots
Misc.: Hearts
Challenge: Finish up the oldest UFO you can find in your stash, or any old unfinished object.

January was a very productive month.  Let's keep up the momentum for February!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2011 05:25:51 PM »

That yarn is great Laughing Lark. I was just wishing I knew how to spin so I could use up some of my novelty yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
glittery_girl
« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2011 05:29:53 PM »

Great! I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I'd love to join in. I have mounds of beads/fabric/wool and embroidery threads just screaming USE ME!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
momcuellar
« Reply #548 on: February 01, 2011 06:12:58 PM »

when LaughingLark was talking about twisting yarn, I got the picture of tying the ends to a mixer and another to a chair and letting 'er rip!!   Hmm maybe its a way to combine yarns to make a rug with the bigger hooks.  I feel an experiment coming on!!

I like the Feb themes.  I hope to have a least two projects done this month.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
LaughingLark
« Reply #549 on: February 01, 2011 06:40:16 PM »

Momcuellar, the twists for singles are done separately in the "Z" direction (spin to the right), and then for plying them together, the twisting of the yarn is done in the "S" direction (spin to the left). You can do small amounts of yarn on spindles. I dunno about the mixer! Cheesy

While trying to teach myself how to Navajo ply, I found this brilliant knitting tip to triple up your yarn. I don't see why it wouldn't work for crochet as well. It's the Navajo chain plying without any twisting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1-ZAuw0tik
Looks like a great way to stash bust thin yarns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Your Hair for Volume
Nutritious Food for Fabulous Hair
How to Get Loose Curls with a Flat Iron
Home Remedies For Hair
Modelinia Fashion Week TV Swim Edition: Episode 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...