A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 178713 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Vampberry
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2011 08:52:18 AM »

Wow, you've all been so busy. Thank you for the kind comments on my scarf Smiley The scarf ended up rather non-scarfy and more wristwarmerly than I planned. Which is quite usual for my projects... I need to sew a button on the first one and then knit another one before I post pictures.

I mentioned mending in my first post and I've actually started mending a Christmas tablecloth before storing it for next Christmas. I'm about halfway through. Can I post pictures of my mending projects here too or is it better if I start another thread somewhere else? Is there a thread allready for mending things?

Kittymom: I too added that hat on my todo-list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2011 03:35:05 PM »

Here is what I did today, all from stash.
Attempt at kanzashi flower

Paper circles for garland (wip) about 100. Did this all morning.

I found a tutorial where you use ribbon instead of rexlace and like how it looked so did a test piece.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2011 01:43:44 AM »

My first week of destashing has finished and this what I have made. January I am making Christmas Tree Ornaments.

These are made by taping cardboard with masking tape, then covering them with fabric and braid.  Everything to make these comes from the stash.

These little presents are done the same way each present uses approximate 1.5 metres of ribbon.  I made 4 more (not pictured) but they have already been packed away.

My second week will be making ornaments from felt.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011 01:45:53 AM by qazicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2011 01:50:42 AM »

My first week of destashing has finished and this what I have made. January I am making Christmas Tree Ornaments.

These are made by taping cardboard with masking tape, then covering them with fabric and braid.  Everything to make these comes from the stash.

[img width=296 height=500]http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/16544_10Jan11_2011_cardfabric1.jpg

[img width=346 height=500]http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/16544_10Jan11_2011_cardfabric2.jpg

[img width=275 height=500]http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/16544_10Jan11_2011_cardfabric3.jpg

[img width=274 height=500]http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/16544_10Jan11_2011_cardfabric4.jpg

These little presents are done the same way each present uses approximate 1.5 metres of ribbon.  I made 4 more (not pictured) but they have already been packed away.
[img width=499 height=327]http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/16544_10Jan11_2011_presents.jpg
My second week will be making ornaments from felt.

Your ornaments are BEAUTIFUL!! Do you think that you could make a tutorial to show how you make them?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2011 03:00:33 AM »

Dittos on request from beckashell!!  The ornaments and the presents are so nice!  And can be made personal to ones colors, etc.(for gifts, etc.)  Yours are very pretty...I like All the colors!!  Cheesy

vampedangelI like the flower you made...will it be embellishment for the garland or something??  I am not familliar w/them.  Smiley  And what is rexlace used for?  I think I better do an internet search instead of asking so many questions. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elymig

Accio Creativity!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2011 05:13:53 AM »

I love the shape of the boxes, where did you find those?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2011 05:15:06 AM »

Wow those ornaments are all so pretty! Too bad you have to wait another year before you can hang them on the tree.

kittymom, That flower was basically just practice. Until I get the petals down right, I'm not using them for anything. I did buy some hair things to put them on though for when they turn out right. Rexlace is also called Gimp. A lot of kids make lanyards with them at camps and such but I was looking for other things to do with it and found the tutorial using ribbon instead. The only luck I've had with looking for ideas is for making cyberlox (dreadlocks with the rexlace and other plastic stuff in them) and I'm not really interested in those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2011 06:03:39 AM »

Thank you for sharing, VampedAngel... Cheesy  I'm going to find more about the flower construction online(hopefully).
I have several nieces that might like to get some hair clips w/those and I could shuck a few buttons and fabric scraps from the stash...(slow going)=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2011 07:30:15 AM »

The ornaments and the present are really pretty!  We were tossing around the idea of re-doing our Christmas tree next year...  different ornaments and what not...  some of those would be really nice on our "new" tree.  Wink  A tutorial would be great if its possible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2011 07:44:07 AM »

What lovely destash items!

Love the ornaments!

That hat is perfect for a few things I need to knit this year...

also, loved the project notebooks--great organizing idea! 

I also like the idea of using eyelash on the edges of an afghan!  Such lovely colors!

I have tons of small kimono scraps that would be perfect for kanzashi...I made a few DIY kits about three years ago that I think I still have lying around...they always can be used to add to knit items, purses, hair accessories, etc.

I made lots of scarves out of stash...as soon as I charge up the camera batteries, I will load them up! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a 6 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 1/4
How to Crochet a 6 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 1/4
How to Crochet a 6 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/4
How to Crochet a 5 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/3
How to Crochet a 5 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...