A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,311
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 205561 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2011 09:57:43 AM »

destashing lots of scrapbook paper this week, some fabric, doll joints, and we'll see what else - planning an Arctic themed birthday party for my  two year old niece, lots of white - wait till you see what I got up my sleeve Wink

The first thing that came to mind as something fun to do would be to make mini castles out of ice cubes! Or you could make up a bunch and let the kids make their own. Food color could make things pretty but could be messy depending on the age of the kids.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2011 10:18:18 AM »

Arctic party sounds fun! Smiley

This does not look like much yet, but I have had this thrift shop sweater in stash limbo for a long time. I bought it because it cost a quarter, and it has enough wool content to make it worth dyeing the yarn. I thought it would be very easy to frog, but it wasn't. There was just enough felting at the seams to make it hassle to frog. I started on it months ago, then threw the pieces of sweater into a bag, and crammed it into one of my storage containers in disgust.

I remembered the yarn this morning, and thought I'd give it another go. I was more patient with it this time, and now I have my yarn:

It's a very pale white-ish grey, with hints of a darker grey in it. I need to make it into hanks on my swift for cleaning and dyeing it. The dyeing is the fun part.  Smiley

Now I have one less thing in limbo, and I'll be dyeing it hopefully tonight so I can make something with that yarn very soon. My 25 cent sweater stash is taking up way too much space. I think I will try to work though processing those sweaters into something useful this month, or sending them back to the thrift store.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

djinn_3wishes
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2011 03:13:59 PM »

ooooh rainbow bias tape!  Did you use one of those fancy biastape maker things, or did you do it all by hand?

I do not have fancy gismo to make the bias tape.  I used the technique I found in a blog to make the strip of bias fabric and then to fold the tape I thread the fabric under a large needle woven into my ironing board.  as I pulled the fabric through it folded.  I pressed as I went.  There was a fair amount of fiddling, but I think it turned out great.  I'll make up a tutorial as soon as I have a chance.

Here you go!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=368861.msg4335362#msg4335362
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2011 05:12:32 PM »

You bias tape tutorial was wonderful!  I often want special bias tape but thought it would be too much to make on my own!

OK--I am now off the make something white or stripes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2011 05:36:00 PM »

making cloth yarn for my rag rug now. This ball is HUGE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius

www.etsy.com/shop/BlackbirdRanch

pinterest.com/artisticgamer
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2011 06:03:05 PM »

We just post what we use from our stash...some of us have lists of what we want to use up, but mostly, it is showing off what you use up that you already have...it is suppose to help us not buy stuff unless we have a project in mind...Cheesy

Jump in with us!  Many of the same people do this one and the 50 projects, where we do have a list of projects we hope to get done!

i see, thanks for clearing it up. sounds good  Cheesy i will keep following. and hopefully this will encourage me to use from my long collected stash instead of spending more $$ i dont have lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2011 06:30:21 PM »

does this count as destashing?  I used ingredients I had on hand (except the coconut, I needed one of those)   and it's white!  And it might go well in J_kieviet's Arctic themed birthday party! 

I posted it and the recipe here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=368849.msg4335144#msg4335144
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2011 07:14:37 PM »

Belladune--you make the most interesting food!

Just seeing your name makes my mouth water for empanadas!  That is an awesome looking cake!  I definitely think it is destashing since it will be eaten...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momcuellar
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2011 07:42:13 PM »

Wow!! everyone's so productive!!  I'm still in planning stages in my head.   I liked that tutorial.   MMMM cake!! 

The stripey blanket gave me an idea of an ongoing blanket for all the scraps during the year.  I wonder what size it would be by December? 

Isn't Homespun fun?  I used to hate it until I started using the right hook with it.  The cowl looks luscious!!

I couldn't see the yarn here at you know where!!    Well off to dream of what I can make!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2011 07:48:33 PM »

I bought a circle cutter the other day with my gift certificate and I am currently cutting the big pieces of scrapbook paper that I've been wanting to get rid of. I'm thinking of stringing them together to make paper garland. I've seen some really nice ones before so will give it a shot. I will post pics when I actually make progress. I only have a few circles cut out right now because I keep getting distracted by other things...like my kitten who is being very demanding that I play with him now...and NOW....and NOOOOOWWWW. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 100 Pokemon: Tyranitar
Top 100 Pokemon: Zapdos
Top 100 Pokemon: Zekrom
Top 100 Pokemon: The Top 10
How to Succeed on Deal or No Deal
Latest Blog Articles
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...