A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 259
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 DeStash-Along-CLOSED  (Read 184123 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

djinn_3wishes
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2011 07:37:16 PM »

I finished my first project of 2011.  I made bias tape.  So much easier than I thought it would be.  A word of caution - I used way too much fabric.  I am not sure if I will ever use all of this rainbow bias tape, but I'll try!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2011 07:39:06 PM »

You know... I've tried making bias tape before and... well.. <<;; Didn't quite work out. What technique did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2011 07:40:40 PM »

Finished 10 ribbon wands for my stock for the medieval faire coming up in a couple weeks.  WHEW!  Just in time!  I used up ALL of my available stash supplies on these, gotta get more eye hooks, wood dowels, and 1.5-2" lengths of ribbon.  I used up a Target shopping bag full of ribbon lengths, all of them are about 5' long, and one is about 7+ feet long that I will be keeping.  I think I may need to get more supplies to make more than 10, I think these will go fast Smiley

Here's a link to someone's blog I found when I was Googling up a picture to show until I take one of my own:

http://diy.wed-central.com/?p=42

I SO want that gradient rainbow ribboon wand shown near the bottom!!!  I may have to Google around some more and see if that is for sale from a retailer Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2011 08:16:35 PM »

djinn; what pretty rainbow bias! It's better than to have more than you need than not enough in my opinion Wink

I used to have a streamer wand when I was little! They were so fun to play with. Maybe I'll make one someday. I think it would be fun to do glow in the dark ones!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011 08:17:18 PM by vampedangel14 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2011 09:19:44 PM »

I love that bias tape!  You can send some my way if you don't think you will use it all!   Cheesy

I have 2 market skirts done and one more to finish tomorrow.  I'll post a pic when I get them all done - a pink one, a purple one, and a green one.  Although I still need to find a matching fabric for the green one.  I know I have something laying around somewhere . . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2011 09:22:08 PM »

Oh!  SapphireMoon!  Those ribbon streamers are awesome.  I got one for DD for Christmas and it is just like the last picture.  It is from Sarah's Silks and I got it from the Magic Cabin.  She LOVES it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veritate
Drowning in UFOs

« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2011 09:33:02 PM »

Oooh!  Love the legwarmers, love the corkboard, and I *really* love the bias tape!

Well done, all.

I'm working on crocheting a purse - the purse I have is about to fall apart and I figured, rather than buying one, I'll make one out of the materials I have.

I'll be sure to post pics when it's done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2011 06:34:14 AM »

ooooh rainbow bias tape!  Did you use one of those fancy biastape maker things, or did you do it all by hand?

That cork board is so pretty!

I can't wait to see your 10 ribbon wands TSM!  I should make a few of those for my kidlettes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2011 06:54:40 AM »

I promised you themes, so here they are.  So sorry I wasn't able to get these up earlier; I assumed I would have internet on my New Years travels, but technology conspired against me.

Color: White
Pattern: Stripes
For: Yourself
Misc.: Birds
Challenge: Take stock of the stash.  What supply wins the "most" award?  Do things need organizing for easier use?  Is anyone brave enough to show us pictures?

These are just for inspiration.  Don't feel bound by them in any way.  And if you have ideas for themes/challenges for future months, please PM me.  It might be nice to get away from previous years' themes, and I will admit my brain is kind of in a rut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

djinn_3wishes
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2011 07:24:36 AM »

ooooh rainbow bias tape!  Did you use one of those fancy biastape maker things, or did you do it all by hand?

I do not have fancy gismo to make the bias tape.  I used the technique I found in a blog to make the strip of bias fabric and then to fold the tape I thread the fabric under a large needle woven into my ironing board.  as I pulled the fabric through it folded.  I pressed as I went.  There was a fair amount of fiddling, but I think it turned out great.  I'll make up a tutorial as soon as I have a chance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 259 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tom Clavin: What Are You Reading?
Shirley Jones: What Are You Reading
Fran Lebowitz: The Importance of Drawing Pilgrims
Anders De La Motte on the Game Trilogy
Su Meck Talks About Forgetting to Remember
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...