A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zelda swap round 2! SO 1/31/2011  (Read 11851 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cyberxtrash
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2011 12:56:23 PM »

Things are going well. Working on a bunch of small things tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NightOwl21

after all this time I finally show my true form

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2011 01:14:34 PM »

I'm still alive I promise, just seem to be falling behind it feels like.  I will be done before the 31 if all goes well.  it sounds ominous I know but it shouldn't be hahha. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have 2 shops! Scandalous! Take a visit and enjoy Smiley

Jewelry and Wedding Accessories: http://www.somewearintyme.etsy.com

Crafts and supplies: http://www.squidooink.etsy.com

Wists: http://www.wists.com/nightowl21

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/somesquid
ambermoony
Swap addict

I fix things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2011 04:44:03 PM »

Checking in!  I lost track of Craftster when the school semester started, oops!

Medium is almost done, along with a couple of smalls.  I've stalled out on the Large until I get more materials (I made an oopsie! Wink)  I'm also tossing around a few ideas for extras, since I'll be meeting up with my partner and avoiding shipping costs! Cheesy

Who here has played Link the the Past?

Since I've read many times that it's as good as ocarina of time, I just downloaded it on the virtual console. And man! It's really hard! Or maybe I just suck. But I have died so many times from stupid snakes and rats in the sewers, and I'm only half hour into the game.

Those of you that have played it, what did you think of it? And any pointers for a hopelessly terrible noob?
LttP is one of my favorite Zelda games!  It was the first one I could (sort-of) play on my own. (Though I still had to hand off the controller to my grandma for the hard parts!)  It's got a great storyline if you go around and talk to everyone, too!

I agree on the whole change-your-angle until your sword is between you and whomever you're attacking.  For the sewers, it's a little easier if you turn up your brightness so you can see things coming and to just kind of swing your sword as you go, so anything attacking you dies.  The game gets easier once you get the Pegasus Boots (chaaaarge!) so try to stick with it!  Also remember that Zelda has always been just as much about puzzles and strategy as fighting, so a lot of times you can just avoid monsters instead of trying to deal with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda Swap (Rnd 2): crafting
Doctor Who Swap round 5: crafting

Open to personal swaps~
groperesponsibly
Mom to a beautiful, craft loving little girl!!

Dippin' my fingers into all things crafty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2011 12:54:38 PM »

Love being in the middle of something and then BAM!  'omg must do this' happens XD brain is overwhelmed!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do: Polymer clay minatures, Polymer clay beads, Beadweaving, Jewelry, Stone cutting (Cabachons) and wirework.  I will be doing: Stone cutting (faceted), Pottery, Silver and Glass work.

Personal swaps welcome Smiley
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2011 05:54:36 AM »

Got started crafting on the large yesterday...I think it is going to be so totally awesome that I almost want to keep it for myself, LOL.  Lotuspixie, I really wish I could be there to see your face when you open it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lotuspixie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2011 12:10:11 PM »

Got started crafting on the large yesterday...I think it is going to be so totally awesome that I almost want to keep it for myself, LOL.  Lotuspixie, I really wish I could be there to see your face when you open it  Grin

man, this swap just gets more and more exciting.  (And striker, I feel EXACTLY the same way about one of your items)

The 31st can't come soon enough... Not wait... yes it can... because I've still got a small item to make Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
NightOwl21

after all this time I finally show my true form

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2011 04:13:32 PM »

lol the 31st is coming really fast. I just hope I can get all my ideas out faster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have 2 shops! Scandalous! Take a visit and enjoy Smiley

Jewelry and Wedding Accessories: http://www.somewearintyme.etsy.com

Crafts and supplies: http://www.squidooink.etsy.com

Wists: http://www.wists.com/nightowl21

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/somesquid
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2011 06:34:21 PM »

Who here has played Link the the Past?

Since I've read many times that it's as good as ocarina of time, I just downloaded it on the virtual console. And man! It's really hard! Or maybe I just suck. But I have died so many times from stupid snakes and rats in the sewers, and I'm only half hour into the game.

Those of you that have played it, what did you think of it? And any pointers for a hopelessly terrible noob?

I would not say LttP is my favorite Zelda game, but I would most definitely say it is the BEST Zelda game. It is the very definition of "Zelda", and thus must be played through by any true fan at least once.  Smiley Kudos to you for your efforts!

In reality, old Zelda and new Zelda games are exactly the same... just the balance is different. In the original Zelda, there was no such thing as a 1/4 heart. You had wholes, halves, and for a long time only three of them. You, if not careful, could easily die at the hands of a simple Octorock. In Twilight Princess... there's this room in the desert dungeon that really sticks out to me... it's got this GIANT SPIKED BAR spinning around, with skulls and bones all over the floor, and when you undoubtedly screw the timing up and this TERRIFYING thing hits you and you panic... you shouldn't. Because you've lost 1/4th of a heart. And look! There are six jars right here with hearts which will re-appear if you exit/re-enter the room! (Seriously; this bar does as much damage as the BEES do. I actually got more hurt by the bees, because I had nowhere to run to... Tongue) In fact, I haven't been afraid of Ganondorf/an end boss since Ocarina of Time; they may look epic, but goodness knows they take all of one fairy or potion bottle to beat.

So! My advice is thus: if it doesn't need to be killed, don't go out of your way to kill it. A lot of enemies in LttP (and the original LoZ) change directions surprisingly fast, and all those little hits add up quickly. You can also walk with you sword held out, so if you keep walking facing the majority of enemies on screen, none of them can attack you head-on. Good luck! May the way of the hero lead to the Triforce.  Cheesy

AAAANYHOO. I've had the small done since before this swap even started (I'm making a ton for a convention), I have all the supplies for my medium which should be easy, I have an extra I found lying around my house that is awesome, aaand... well... I haven't started my large at all, because I've been making this instead: Wind Waker crawfish sweater!!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2011 06:56:03 AM »

BunnieBard, I saw the sweater on Rav...you did a great job! The blue you picked is spot on!  Did you chart the crawfish yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lotuspixie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2011 07:44:12 AM »

Beautiful job, Bunnie.
I like the details on the bottom and on the sleeves--makes it look exactly like his tunic.

And I FINALLY figured out what striker's "small" item is going to be. I was busy working on it on the bus this morning  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock These Holiday Hair Trends
Pretty Double Knot Ponytail Tutorial
Klorane Dry Shampoo Review
How to Create the Perfect Chignon
Faux Hawk Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...