A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zelda swap round 2! SO 1/31/2011  (Read 10619 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lotuspixie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2011 08:36:59 PM »

We got a ton of snow today, so that plus the reduced bus schedule due to MLK day made it an easy decision to stay home and write lesson plans and grants. Plus lots of crafting, of course.

Large = finally done! I am so very excited about this item, I think I'm more proud of this than any other item I've ever crafted for a swap.

Medium = 3/4 done

Small = don't even know what to craft yet. have so many ideas, and the large and medium have taken sooooo much time and effort, I'm trying to be a little less ambitious, but that probably won't work. With the ideas I have so far, this "small" is likely to be just as "big" as the medium and larges!

Man, this swap is so fun. And from the sounds of all your posts, it's same for you guys too--so much productivity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
Lotuspixie

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2011 08:38:26 PM »

Also, please note:

2 weeks till send-out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
mouser882
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2011 02:24:12 AM »

Small done! Made it once... didn't work quite right though my fianc and his friend said it was fine. Made it again and now I'm satisfied with it. Much better! But I'll probably send both anyway and my partner can judge whether the first one is okay.
The medium is organized out and just needs to be put together (just :p).
Large... still not yet. I feel like I'm not doing enough with the things my partner has said she likes from LoZ, so I'm going to have to ponder over that a bit while figuring out the large.
I did find a box and put together some extras, though! Here's to hoping whatever large I come up with still fits in the chosen box. Not that there's any lack of boxes around here with packing going on Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lotuspixie

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2011 07:56:06 AM »

Who here has played Link the the Past?

Since I've read many times that it's as good as ocarina of time, I just downloaded it on the virtual console. And man! It's really hard! Or maybe I just suck. But I have died so many times from stupid snakes and rats in the sewers, and I'm only half hour into the game.

Those of you that have played it, what did you think of it? And any pointers for a hopelessly terrible noob?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DustyChica

The Doctor's Companion

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011 08:30:04 AM »

Play a different game? Tongue

I honestly hated Link to the Past. That thing kicked my butt, I think I got about a third of the way through the game and gave up on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective point of view, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey . . . stuff."
- The Doctor
[/color]
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011 08:55:07 AM »

Who here has played Link the the Past?

Since I've read many times that it's as good as ocarina of time, I just downloaded it on the virtual console. And man! It's really hard! Or maybe I just suck. But I have died so many times from stupid snakes and rats in the sewers, and I'm only half hour into the game.

Those of you that have played it, what did you think of it? And any pointers for a hopelessly terrible noob?

I love LttP!! It's one of my favorites and I definitely have it downloaded on my Wii.  As far as tips, I always wait to pick up pots until I need them (for rupees or hearts), so try and remember where they are, so you can find them again.  Also, never forget the power of the sword as a lawnmower, lol. Another thing is I try to attach things on a diagonal, so the body is away from them, and they are on the sword side...does that make sense?

It seems easy to me, but I've also played it many times, it can definitely be tricky to get used to 2D after played the 3D Zelda games.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lotuspixie

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011 09:20:05 AM »

It seems easy to me, but I've also played it many times, it can definitely be tricky to get used to 2D after played the 3D Zelda games.

That sure is true. I've played the SNES rpg Secret of Mana many times, so I thought I'd be fine starting ALttP. But this game doesn't feel anything like Secret of Mana.
I think I just have to be more patient.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lotuspixie

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2011 09:30:15 AM »

Not that there's anything to put there yet, but GALLERY IS UP!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370402.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2011 10:06:25 AM »

That sure is true. I've played the SNES rpg Secret of Mana many times, so I thought I'd be fine starting ALttP. But this game doesn't feel anything like Secret of Mana.
I think I just have to be more patient.  Undecided

Just out of curiousity, are you playing with a classic control/GameCube controller or the Wiimote and Nunchuk? It might be easier with a regular controller...I totally suck at 2D games (Smash Bros, MarioKart, etc) using the wiimote and have to use the Gamecube controllers.

Not that there's anything to put there yet, but GALLERY IS UP!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370402.0

I saw that in the "New Projects"! Definitely gives me a boost on crafting this week Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lotuspixie

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2011 10:42:02 AM »

Just out of curiousity, are you playing with a classic control/GameCube controller or the Wiimote and Nunchuk? It might be easier with a regular controller...I totally suck at 2D games (Smash Bros, MarioKart, etc) using the wiimote and have to use the Gamecube controllers.

using the gamecube controller. I didn't even know using the remote/nunchuk was an option (not that I'll do that).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How do I get digital pictures onto my computer?
Should I use red eye reduction?
What quality settings should I set my camera to?
What is depth of field?
Should I use automatic or manual focus settings on my camera?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...