Swap name: The Get Well Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: shayneblate08
Sign-up date range: 12/26/2010 to 1/18/11
Date to send item by: 2/18/11
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO YES
If so, which country? USA sorry, (if someone wants to organize an international version, feel free)
Additional Age requirement? no
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO yes
- Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO yes
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO yes
Details of swap:
This is the Get Well swap for people with long term diseases/medical problems (i.e. a trouble some heart condition) or a temporary more-than-a-cold sickness like mono or something. This is to make us all feel better and help us through our time in need, so an inclusion of a get well card
This will be a 4 Point swap
, so if you want to do more or any extras, please contact your partner and agree on an exchange so no one feels cheated. Also, at lease ONE of your items MUST be crafted.
Examples of Craft Items to send:
-a little pillow to hug
-a robe or slippers
-a journal or something to chronicle thoughts and feelings
Participants are encouraged to explain their medical problems or diseases to their partner, but don't say anything you're not comfortable with sharing. Also, if your partner has a condition you don't understand, feel free to research it a bit and give them a little more personalized package
And also, I REALLY don't want any flakers
, so please KEEP IN TOUCH. Please communicate with this thread or partners weekly, and if you feel your partner isn't communicating please PM me and I will talk to them.And if I don't hear from you at least once a week I will be PMing you.Swap Participants
writer_crafter <==> yzzilnoaj
And a 3 way because we have an uneven number of partners:
beatlejessie => tamalama => shayneblate08 => beatlejessieEDIT: I have extended crafting time since partners are just going up now. DATE TO SEND BY IS NOW 2/18/11
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: (PLEASE PM ME, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD WITH YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE)
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of Swap:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country as it should appear on package:
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval: (yes/no)
Confirm that you WILL ship with a Delivery Confirmation number unless shipping outside your home country (yes/no)
Agree that you will communicate regularly with your group. At least one PM to each member of your group a week during the swap prep time. (yes/no)
Agree that you will post at least once per week during the swap. (yes/no)
I agree let the organizer and my partner know if I may be sending late: YES/NO
I agree to PM the organizer and my partner when I send and when I receive: YES/NO
I agree to post at least one picture of what I received in the swap gallery regardless of whether or not someone has already posted pictures of those items: YES/NO
What is your disease/medical problem/condition?
Would you like your partner to know anything else about it?
What kinds of items would you like to receive?
Is there anything you do not want to receive?
What kinds of crafts do you make?
What are your favorite colors?
What are your favorite patterns and materials?
Do you spend a lot of time in the hospital or bed/couch ridden at home?
How does your condition impact your daily life?
Do you have any allergies (cats/dogs/food/smoke, etc.)?
Are their any allergens in your home (cats/dogs/food/smoke, etc.)?