A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fixing up a wooden horse stable any ideas?  (Read 534 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shadesofme
« on: December 26, 2010 12:41:38 AM »

I got a wooden horse stable for Christmas. It needs a little gluing in places, but it's very nice. I was wondering, what are some neat ways to jazz it up? It's bare unpainted. I don't want anything too damaging or too permanent, but all ideas are welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sinead.B
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010 05:03:17 AM »

How about printing off some of the little signs you get at real stables, like "Do not feed the horses"? You could easily make a pinboard using some card and paint, then print off and pin up tiny pictures of horses and "to do" lists etc. You could also make feedbags out of paper, and feed supplements out of bottle tops. You could even make little tie-up rings using some silver card and a jump ring.

I'm currently making my own 1:12th scale stable, these are just a few of the things I have planned as finishing touches for it. Hope my suggestions are useful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NorthLight36
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010 03:55:40 PM »

Maybe you could get one of the lighting kits for doll houses and install them in your stable?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yaqulek
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011 06:34:28 PM »

There are lots of little non permanent things that you could add to make it more interesting. You might want to check out model horse or doll house miniature sites for ideas, these setups are awesome  Shocked http://fallen-leaves.net/forums/performance/stables-t27179.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed Knitter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011 01:09:37 AM »

You could create your own hay, straw, pitchforks etc out of yarn, clay, metal, wood, etc. Depending on the layout of your barn (whether the stalls have half-doors or not) you could always make some stall fronts.

One of the barns I used to ride at had these stall fronts. Or you could create the x's on the doors that I'm completely forgetting the names of right now.

You could create bridle hooks to go on the end of the stall doors, racks for blankets, or make monogrammed tack trunks like most show barns have.  http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1051427450040433225yojhwN

Another idea is to make a wall of ribbons. Like this, or this (note the monogrammed tack trunks at her feet, the barn's decorate canopy, or like this one
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011 01:11:20 AM by Obsessed Knitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Pen Turning
A Lesson in Paper Cutting
How to Make Paper Cutting Art
The Art of Paper Cutting
A Lesson in Glass Blowing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...