A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: When did you learn to crochet?  (Read 22156 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2005 03:52:00 PM »

lucky!! i wish i was allowed to crochet at work. when its slow i still have to look busy and pretend to dust invisible dust or something  Roll Eyes the time goes by SO SLOW!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
ambiguouslyspecific
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2006 11:48:06 AM »

i taught myself to knit in sophmore year and my mom saw me doing it so she taught me how to crochet.  I love crocheting because it's faster and easier to fix mistakes Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can share its joy  Proverbs 14:10
femeny

need motivation

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2006 05:20:58 PM »

HI! all! My very talented grandmother taught me to crochet about 8 years ago.  We were stuck in the house because of a huge snow storm and I wanted to do something more portable so she taught me how to make a granny square and I made it into a huge blanket.  And the rest is history, I'm an addict.   And now I try to teach people whenever I am asked.... people are always so curious.. and some think that its going to "be so easy" and they soon realize that it takes time. 
Emily  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccabur
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2006 11:40:14 AM »

Like many others, my grandmother taught me how to crochet. . . a few days ago.  I'm already a knitter, but I was ready to learn something new so I had her show me.  She was so happy - she loves doing it and has always wanted my sister & I to learn!  So far I've only done practice rows, but I'm here browsing around for a good first project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happy cricket
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2006 05:19:07 PM »

About a month ago *lol* I was really bored at work as it's incredible quiet with very few customers, so I decided I needed to do something with my hands. My friend was knitting a scarf at the time, and I already knew how to knit but found it a touch boring, so I decided to try crocheting (which I had tried to learn when I was, like, 10, but failed). I went and got a small ball of wool, a hook, and a book, and started practicing stiches and whatnot, then a few days later got some patterns and better wool, and started making real stuff. So far, I have one finished hat, and I'm in the middle of a scarf for my boyfriend, a ruffled scarf for myself, another hat probably to sell, and an afghan. Heh, I should probably finish one thing before moving on to another, but I need to keep busy, so I keep projects with me at work and at home so I always have something to do - I have a bad habit of biting my nails if I'm bored, so by always working with my hands, it keeps me from doing that.

Wow.   I would seriously start looking for a new job like NOW, before you get laid off when they close up from lack of business.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bubba of Borg - "Y'all's fixin' ta be assimilated" - Chris Richards

http://cookingsucks.blogspot.com
pixieled
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2006 04:19:02 AM »

My mom taught me the basics when I was 8. From there I read books on other techniques. Now, I'm teaching my 9 year old daughter how to crochet. She already loves it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2006 08:09:46 PM »

The day after Thanksgiving of last year.  I purchased the Boye's kit "I Taught Myself To Crochet."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2006 08:03:47 AM »

I learned over 30 years ago when I was 8.  I crocheted until I was 13 and then quit because none of my friends did it and I didn't think it was cool.  I started again in my early 20's when I needed a hobby and have been doing it ever since!  I do have a few other hobbies but this is my main 'crafting passion.'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GroggyFroggy
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2006 08:23:34 AM »

I am teaching myself right now and I'm almost 41. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

finecraftnerd

may knit while driving...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2006 09:19:19 AM »

I taught myself from a cheep little pattern book (Crochet Made Easy from Coats and Clark) in the fall of 2001 becuase I'd just started college far away from home and I needed to have something to do on planes.  I was pretty sure knitting needles were a no-no right then.  I still knit more, but it's really really nice to be able to do both.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raised in the suburbs by eccentrics and nerds...

Etsy Store:
http://ChelseaEBird.etsy.com

My jewelry website:
www.ChelseaEBird.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
FIRST LOOK: Christian Siriano - NYFW Spring 2014
Website Redefining Shopping For Conscientious Consumers
British Invasion
Objects of Desire: S&M-Inspired Accessories
New York Fashion Week Spring 2014: Front-Row Celebrity Style
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...