A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
811 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Black Widow Ring  (Read 2699 times)
Tags for this thread: spider , ring  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Figit
« on: December 23, 2010 03:20:12 PM »

So I have been in the mood for creepy jewelry lately. This is the first of one of the many things being created in my craft room today. I found this black widow in my old apartment dead. I resined it a while back but couldn't figure out what to do with it. Today it hit me..I NEED NEW RINGS! So i painted the back with teal paint and resined the back lightly, then attached a plain ring to the back. I'm in love with it.

There are much more creepy creations in progress so today and tomorrow will be tons of new posts

(resin Piece before attaching the ring)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^_^
simplyshereena
♏The Confused One♏

What?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010 04:11:29 PM »

This is absolutely amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WEBSITE
☯Loves ATCs!
PLEASE "LIKE" MY FACEBOOK PAGE!
☯Partaking Swaps:
●ONGOING ATC SWAP : JANUARY
ohmymetro
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010 04:24:55 PM »

i'm not going to lie, that spider is horrifying but the ring looks great! i also like the teal color you chose!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Figit
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010 04:46:51 PM »

Thanks! I am terrified of spiders. It's my biggest fear to get bit of have one alive and on me....but when i saw this dead guy laying on the floor I couldn't resist.

Yea, I love the teal color as well. It was originally clear and I feel the clear didn't make it pop as much as the teal did. I am way stoked about the turn out.

Thanks again guys!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^_^
Megrims
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010 05:06:23 PM »

I love the idea and the finished product, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed that it isn't belly side up to show the hourglass.

I would be deeply, deeply creeped the hell out to find one in my house, and I love spiders.  You don't usually die from a black widow bite, but it is not pleasant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Figit
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010 05:11:50 PM »

When I was resining it, I wanted the belly up as well, but the belly kept poking up out of the resin for some reason after numerous attempts of trying to finagle it to stay down. so I finally put it belly down. But I'm not too disappointed now because I have had this piece sitting around for a while and the hourglass ended up completely disappearing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^_^
Megrims
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010 07:09:57 PM »

Yeah, as soon as I posted that it occurred to me that it probably faded.  It's very interesting.  I can't really think of anything you could do to prevent it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeathToLems
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010 03:10:21 PM »

woah. I love this ring! if i could get one with a wasp in it (thats my biggest fear) that would be awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

happyface:)
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010 07:06:55 PM »

Oh sheet. I couldn't make one of those no matter how much I wanted one. I wouldn't be able to touch the spider (dead or alive) in any way. I'd have the heeby jeebies the whole time and I'd probably cry. I'm a wimp. Bugs freak me out. But this ring is so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

merrymaker
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010 07:21:42 PM »

Ha, take that black widow.  I wish I could have done this with the black widow that bit me, but i smashed it instead.  Great conversation starter ring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Steak and Eggs Breakfast
Almond Yogurt Waffles and Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
How to Make Pork and Black Bean Chili
Red Beans and Rice Recipe
How to Make Fudge: Homemade Holiday Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...