A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Don't give a hoot about the drama hat!  (Read 2888 times)
Tags for this thread: owl , hat , cabled  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gizzybird
« on: December 22, 2010 11:42:25 AM »

With Christmas coming up, the usual holiday drama has started up with family. Roll Eyes  I, however, do not do drama. So to keep myself sane and semi-relaxed, I've been knitting off and on. I saw this hat on ravelry and fell in love:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/who-2

Pattern here for non-ravelers:  http://penguinpurls.blogspot.com/2008/12/who.html

Just finished it today. I used some amber colored shell beads for the eyes. I can't decide if I like them or if they just look creepy, lol. Here it is modeled by my lovely daughter who has asked for one in dark brown (we both love owls):

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SusanSummerland
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010 02:50:44 PM »

Creepy? No, uber-cute! I really like it and it looks like your daughter does too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gumption

"Sing an outlaw love song." -Social Distortion

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010 03:17:44 PM »

This is great!  Very subtle owls.  I like the beads for eyes, especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010 08:26:21 PM »

Adorable. I have had this in my faves for a while on Ravelry, but haven't attempted it yet. Actually I haven't attempted cables yet, but I am sure once the holidays are gone and I am less stressed I will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010 09:01:41 PM »

This and the matching wristlets have been on my rav queue for some time as well. I like the beads for the eyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gizzybird
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010 05:59:31 AM »

Thanks, you all have reassured me that the beads for eyes are cute and not creepy  Grin My daughter does indeed love it, she's stealing it from me until I can get one made for her. Sigh, every hat I make recently has been swiped by her. Guess I can't complain, at least she likes what I make!

Adorable. I have had this in my faves for a while on Ravelry, but haven't attempted it yet. Actually I haven't attempted cables yet, but I am sure once the holidays are gone and I am less stressed I will.

Cables look so intimidating but try them and you won't believe how easy they are! On a side note, my name is Alisha, too. I didn't know anyone else who spells it the same way, until now!

This and the matching wristlets have been on my rav queue for some time as well. I like the beads for the eyes.

There are matching wristlets?!?!  Shocked  (wonder if I have enough yarn left to make matching wristlets)

On my way to Ravelry right now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010 06:06:38 AM »

Very cute hat!  Glad it helped to make things less-drama filled for you Smiley  I too agree with everyone else on the eyes, cute not creepy...and I've seen these hats done with beads/buttons that DOES make them look creepy  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010 05:57:15 PM »

Looks great! And it's an awesome way to relax. I tried to knit gifts for xmas and it just added stress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010 08:23:51 AM »

That hat is cute!  And I agree with everyone else....  the eyes are cute, not creepy.  Your daughter's lucky to have a mom that can make cute hats for her like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011 11:26:25 PM »

Cables look so intimidating but try them and you won't believe how easy they are! On a side note, my name is Alisha, too. I didn't know anyone else who spells it the same way, until now!
Luckily for me cables or any other technique for that matter isn't intimidating for me, I just haven't got around to it yet. I will be soon though. I am leaving in 6 days for FL for a month and then a baby shower for my niece-to-be and then she will be delivered, so it may be longer than I originally planned. *sigh*

Yay! Another Alisha! I just love our spelling! I think it looks cooler. Whenever I run into another Alisha with the standard spelling I kind of don't associate it with mine and think of it as a totally different name(when I see it that is). I have ran into probably about 6 other "Alisha"'s in my life. Growing up I only ran into one. She moved into my grade for a year and then moved away again. It was weird for me to have someone else with the same name. Even now I don't run into that many Alicia/Alisha's. I must say I love my name and spelling. Thank you mom for naming me!  Grin  Out of curiosity, do you have any nicknames derived from "Alisha"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eggnog Pound Cake Recipe
How to Make Warm Cinnamon Apples
No-Fail Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Mock Orange Julius Popsicle Recipe
How to Make Fruit Pierogies
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...