A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,311
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Notebook with Black Paper (PITTSBURGH STEELERS/PENGUINS)  (Read 2735 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

platinumfiend
« on: December 21, 2010 06:51:24 AM »

I found some pens that I thought were a neat idea; they had white ink and were able to write on black paper.  This was a great idea until I couldn't find a notebook/journal with black paper in it and I was really wanting to get this for a collection of gifts for my girlfriend.  So, like so many of us here (on Craftster) I decided that I would make one.  Here is one of the two finished products:

I started out with a folder designed to hold standard notebook paper with three holes, high grade black construction paper, and a decent yellow file folder.

I first cut the construction paper in half (to 6"x9") and then cut the folder with tabs to size to allow slight overhang from the black paper.  I used some Elmer's spray adhesive to glue the heavier yellow folder on the outside of the semi-constructed notebook.  I then trimmed it to 1/2" larger on all sides than the notebook.

I plan on finding some Steelers and Penguins stickers to include with the two journals.  I was hoping the inside would look a little bit nicer, but I'm overall happy with the short time-span that I had to put it together in addition to having never made something like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Meisia
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010 09:21:34 PM »

Looks great for a first attempt at journal construction. I think she will be pleased to receive this as a gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
platinumfiend
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010 04:25:36 PM »

She was thrilled, maybe more because of the Steelers association than the notebook, but it worked well either way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Grayscale Sliders in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Work With Vibrance and Saturation Sliders in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Work With Clipping Warnings in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Adjust Exposure in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Adjust White Balance in Camera Raw 4.0
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...