A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,788
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Notebook with Black Paper (PITTSBURGH STEELERS/PENGUINS)  (Read 3085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 21, 2010 06:51:24 AM »

I found some pens that I thought were a neat idea; they had white ink and were able to write on black paper.  This was a great idea until I couldn't find a notebook/journal with black paper in it and I was really wanting to get this for a collection of gifts for my girlfriend.  So, like so many of us here (on Craftster) I decided that I would make one.  Here is one of the two finished products:

I started out with a folder designed to hold standard notebook paper with three holes, high grade black construction paper, and a decent yellow file folder.

I first cut the construction paper in half (to 6"x9") and then cut the folder with tabs to size to allow slight overhang from the black paper.  I used some Elmer's spray adhesive to glue the heavier yellow folder on the outside of the semi-constructed notebook.  I then trimmed it to 1/2" larger on all sides than the notebook.

I plan on finding some Steelers and Penguins stickers to include with the two journals.  I was hoping the inside would look a little bit nicer, but I'm overall happy with the short time-span that I had to put it together in addition to having never made something like this.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010 09:21:34 PM »

Looks great for a first attempt at journal construction. I think she will be pleased to receive this as a gift.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010 04:25:36 PM »

She was thrilled, maybe more because of the Steelers association than the notebook, but it worked well either way.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Side Braid with a Loose Twist
Twisted Up Do
How to Fake a Blowout
We Tried Out Pinterest Hair Tutorials And This Is What Happened
The Suki Waterhouse Coca-Cola Hair Rinse Tested: Does It Work?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...