A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT X-Files Swap (Signups 12/20/10-1/10/11, Sendouts 2/17/11)  (Read 6112 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 20, 2010 07:40:50 PM »

Swap name:  OTT (One Tiny Thing) X-Files Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  goddessgarb
Sign-up date range:  Dec. 20, 2010 - Jan. 10, 2010
Date to send item by:  Feb. 17, 2010

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=372781.0  <<-----  Gallery

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  25

Restricted to people who all live in the same country?  NO
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement?  16

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Please know that posting pictures of the pkg you receive is mandatory, as is getting a Delivery Confirmation number when you send.  Please send me and your partner a PM with that DC after you send, and when you receive, please send a PM to both me and your partner to notify us, then make sure you post pictures within 5 days of receiving so we can all see!  If you know you cannot post pictures, please have your partner take some before they send.  And take pictures of your own project before you send just in case your partner can't post theirs.

Details of swap:

Do you miss Mulder like I do?  Want to see Scully's porcelain-perfect face again?  Want to give The Gunmen new life?  Want to resurrect Alex Krycek or even ::shudder:: The Cigarette Smoking Man?  Let's start the new year right and use our crafting Kung-Fu to create One Tiny Thing that brings it all back for one lucky partner.

For this swap, you will craft one X-Files related item, at least a medium (2 points = 2 or more hours crafting time/$20 - $30 value), that is no larger than 4 inches x 4 inches (10cm x 10cm) and send to your partner.  It can be in any medium.  Please craft to the best of your ability and try to make something your fellow 'phile can cherish while longing for the good ol' days.  Something to bask in, in the glow of the DVDs playing in the dark.  

I have provided a month of crafting time in order that everyone have time to craft something really cool.  And I have made it One Tiny Thing so that no one feels they can't handle the requirements.  So go grab your fellow 'philes and bring them in on the fun!

Here are some ideas for tiny things:

Coin wallet
Tea wallet
Tissue cozy
Mini notecards
Little bookmark
Pin cushion
Laundry or other sachet
Sticky note holder
Hair accessories
Earrings
Necklace/Pendant
Pins
Ring or rings
Coffee mug jacket
Little wall art
ATC or two or three
Set of inchies
Polymer clay figures
Polymer clay headed pushpins or stickpins
Little homemade or altered book/journal
Keyfob/keychain
Bracelet
Christmas ornaments
Homemade soap
Little stuffies, amiguramis
Little embroidery hoop
Patches
Tiny house
Little customized/embellished box
Charm bracelet
Altered altoid tin
Papercrafted mini photobook
Magnets
Needlebook
Homemade treats
Embellished coffee mug
Camera/phone/ipod case
Homemade buttons/beads/charms
Felted/knitted/crocheted soap cozy or wash mitt
Hand carved rubber stamp/s

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

Who are your favorite characters from the show?
Do you want anything from either of the movies, "Fight the Future" or "I Want to Believe"?
Do you have any favorite episodes and/or scenes, props, quotes, etc. from the show?
Do you have a favorite romantic pairing ('shipper, slasher)?
Is there anything you know you really want and hope your partner can do for you?
Is there anything you really DO NOT want and hope your partner DOES NOT DO for you?
What type/s of crafts do you do?
What type of crafts are you hoping to receive?
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in the home, such as animals and/or cigarette smoke?
Is there anything else you'd like your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

goddessgarb <<>> zatanna
jen0cide <<>> kyleesmomm
when_im_sixty4 <<>> motoredxheart

Sent
Received
Contact me immediately!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011 06:41:06 AM by goddessgarb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
jen0cide
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010 08:07:03 PM »

Yay! Totally signing up!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackie.sage
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010 08:27:20 PM »

I think I should totally sign up for this one! When I was little I always snuck downstairs after bed to watch X Files, even though I was waaaaay to young to be watching it. hehehe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."

Current obsessions: Decoden and fairy kei!
Tumblr!
Melonberry Mint @ Storenvy
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010 09:17:20 PM »

Oh yes, please do! 

Some of my X-Files memories:

When I was pregnant with my kids it was on three different channels, more than once a day, and I watched almost all of them!  LOL!  My 12 yr old finds the X-Files theme music very soothing.  I'm sure it brings back lovely memories from the womb.  Smiley

Then after my son was born and he was about 3, we'd make him go in his room while we watched it.  We'd check on him at least once during the show, and one time about 20 minutes in we checked on him, and he'd somehow gotten into my red acrylic paint and painted the wall behind his bed RED with his HANDS...it LOOKED like an X-File!!!!!  LOL!  It was too funny to even seriously get mad.  That kid was FAST.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010 09:23:06 PM »

crap...not another swap that I feel like I can't pass up...

This is just too tempting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010 09:24:37 PM »

OH!! I want to join this one SOOO bad!!! I had almost the entire set of collector's cards which I kept in a 3 in. ring binder with a bunch of magazine articles and such. My best friend and i would sit in the bleachers in gym and make up ridiculous X-Files limericks. Yes, we were that nerdy.  Cheesy

I'm tagging if for now. I've just signed up for the Inchies swap and I have to convince my husband that this swap is absolutely necessary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
MizzKodak
THE BIGGER THE BETTER

ALWAYS

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010 04:09:11 AM »

This is so freaking tempting!!!! Why now!!!! Arg!!!
Damnit!!! I really want to do this but I'm so busy!
I started watching the show in Spanish dub and when I moved to new York and watched it in English I was head over heels in love with the show all over again!
Damnit!!! I'll wait until after xmas to send my Qs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking For Mystery Science Theater 3000 Stuff Let's Swap!

Like Severus I Do It All For Love

Check Out My Etsy Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MizzKodaksTrunk?ref=pr_shop_more
Batty Bird
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010 09:58:48 AM »

Oh, man!  My husband and I have been watching the entire series over again over the last couple months - just one season left, plus the second half of The Lone Gunmen and it'll be all over ;_;  This would be something I'd love to participate in but am a bit too new here.  Perhaps it's a good thing that I can't, since I'll be giving birth to our son within the next few weeks and know I'll have my hands full.  I can't wait to see what comes out of this swap.

I can't help but wonder what sort of effect so much of the X-Files theme and Mark Snow's score will have on him later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come leave me some love: http://www.facebook.com/MorganBirchArt
<3
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010 02:20:36 PM »

OH!! I want to join this one SOOO bad!!! I had almost the entire set of collector's cards which I kept in a 3 in. ring binder with a bunch of magazine articles and such. My best friend and i would sit in the bleachers in gym and make up ridiculous X-Files limericks. Yes, we were that nerdy.  Cheesy

I'm tagging if for now. I've just signed up for the Inchies swap and I have to convince my husband that this swap is absolutely necessary!

Um, you wouldn't still have any of that...would you??

As for the second thing, put on an episode that you think he'd really like, like "Bad Blood" the funny vampire one, before you tell him about it.  Then explain it's just ONE TINY THING.  One tiny little thing.  And you don't even have to ship until FEBRUARY.  No problem...   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010 02:24:48 PM »

Oh, man!  My husband and I have been watching the entire series over again over the last couple months - just one season left, plus the second half of The Lone Gunmen and it'll be all over ;_;  This would be something I'd love to participate in but am a bit too new here.  Perhaps it's a good thing that I can't, since I'll be giving birth to our son within the next few weeks and know I'll have my hands full.  I can't wait to see what comes out of this swap.

I can't help but wonder what sort of effect so much of the X-Files theme and Mark Snow's score will have on him later.

Now, that whole gonna give birth thing I can't advise you about, but if you've posted in the forums 15 times, you're good to go as far as being new as long as you're not signed up for any others.  You can do only the one swap as your first, then after that you're allowed to sign up for five at a time.  I think it's a good first swap, because it's just the one small thing.  But yeah...new baby...you'll definitely have your crafting hands FULL of the baby you just crafted.  Smiley  And hey, congratulations on that!  What a way to start the new year!

Oh, and if you need your posting up there, do what I did and check out some galleries or other project boards and just comment on 15 things.  Smiley  It's FUN!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010 02:27:19 PM by goddessgarb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Rampshaders in Blender
How to Use Dupliverts in Blender
How to Make a Blender Video Tutorial
How to Use Blender: Advanced Vital Functions
How to Use Photoshop - Dramatic Skies
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...