A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,310
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fairly new lots of questions  (Read 652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

supergirle
« on: May 28, 2005 08:10:55 PM »

Hi guys and gals I have been lurking on here a very long time but not really posting or making anything for a few reasons like not being good with my computer and two not having a camera or anything really cool to post about.  I am new to crafting entirely.  I am curious and I really really dont mean to upset anyone at all I am just not clear about the boundaries for this community so I am sorry if anyone gets upset here but here goes.  Ok if you see something on here like fake teeth for example and there is photos, directions and tutorials it is because the maker is ok with other people copying it or doing their version yes?  If the person who does copy it may they sell it their friends and family if they wish or in a local craft fair or is that wrong to do?  I have a few ideas I would like to share once I get my camera and computer figured out better.  I hope I dont offend anyone with my ramblings and hypothetical questions I just dont want to do anything to upset anyone on here because it is a great community and I hope I can share ideas and learn a lot thanks guys and gals!  happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005 08:15:32 PM »

normally, if someone posts something on craftster (especially if they include a tutorial/directions) it's meant to a. show off their craftyness and get criticism and b. to show other people how to make their own creativty grow Smiley

i'm pretty positive you can sell things you make even if it's based off of someone else's project, as long as you don't make it exactly the same (same colors, patterns etc.) as another persons. take their general ideas and infuse them with your own creativity and you should be fine Smiley

hope that helps,
--wjd
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supergirle
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005 08:49:50 PM »

thanks so much for the tips you are quick!  i am not into craft shows at all and i am not really good enough yet to even copy peoples work at all like duh i dont know how to sew yet but i am here to learn and i just wanted to make sure i was practicing good manners on here and not upset anyone at all like if people would have got mad and said no dont try to make things in tutorials well then i would have to respect that i hope i didnt come off sounding like a troll or some sort of rogue crafting hustler or something!  thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewellery Making Ideas
Jewelry Making Patterns
How to Make Bead Jewelry
How to Make Bead Bracelets
All About Beads
Latest Blog Articles
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...