A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,771
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: suggestion about reversing negative feedback  (Read 5523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 19, 2010 09:03:18 AM »

I am a little swap burned out at the moment..so forgive me if this comes across as a little tetchy..its not meant to be

But I think the nicest, kindest and best way to reverse negative feedback is to resend to the original partner that was flaked on. Presumably the original partner will have received an angel package,  but their faith in human nature and the swap process will have been damaged because of the original flaking and I think that they most of all should be the recipient of the 'new' package..

---->plus someone, out of the goodness of their heart angelled..It would be cool if they got a little something too, from someone who is reversing a negative..(unless they have got FOC or reversed a negative themselves.  from the process of angelling)<-----

so my suggestion is for a sticky on the angel board, to remind people that if they are looking to reverse a neg, that they should first and foremost consider resending the original...I have seen a lot of people complain that opportunities for angelling are quickly snapped up, so if they were reminded (In very big letters!) that they can play nice and soothe the original ruffled feathers of the flakee..That would be good..

I would also love to see a list of flakers from personal swaps..but I know that they are not supported by craftster, so it is probably not possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010 10:13:15 AM »

I agree, Edel. I was flaked on in a swap over a year ago. The flaker did contact me (and the other partners in the group) and offered to return our original pieces, and even embellish/decorate them, as the original swap called for. Then nothing.

I checked the flaker's profile and she has cleaned up her negative by angeling for another swap, and I am still without my missing things. I have even PM'ed her myself to ask her to please return the bits I sent.

I know that the negative still exists (if you read all the feedback) but I'd love my stuff back. 18 months and counting. So it would go a long way to restoring my Craftster happiness. It's a small thing but meaningful, to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010 10:20:08 AM »

The problem with being flaked on is that it really does affect your view of swapping and i really think that while angels are wonderful...at least the ones that are doing it with no return...the original swapper needs a bit of TLC over and above the norm, just to be able to feel that it has all be resolved well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010 10:23:25 AM »

is there a limit to how many times someone can reverse negative feedback? Personally I think someone should get one reverse..then be treated as a regular swapper...but if it happens again... the recompense should be  at least doubled..ie two angel packages, the original flakee, a new angel and a small to the organiser for all the hassle...

and three strikes and you are out

Yes I am draconian..but maybe this is already done?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010 02:21:31 PM »

is there a limit to how many times someone can reverse negative feedback? Personally I think someone should get one reverse..then be treated as a regular swapper...but if it happens again... the recompense should be  at least doubled..ie two angel packages, the original flakee, a new angel and a small to the organiser for all the hassle...

and three strikes and you are out

Yes I am draconian..but maybe this is already done?

These are interesting ideas, edelC. I've also been wondering if there is a limit to how many reversals someone can have. It does seem that repeat offenders should be prevented from swapping. I'd also be curious if something could be done for repeat late senders or poor communicators as well. That would probably logistically be tough to manage but I do think that some kind of pentalities should be applied to those folks as well. Sometimes it's actually easier to deal with a flaker than it is to deal with someone who sends late and is nearly impossible to reach Smiley.

I also wanted to add that I organized a recent swap and had one of my participants experience a family tragedy during the course of the swap and was unable to send. I am aware that sometimes people "flake" for reasons that are beyond their control. That might be one of the reasons that there isn't a permanent no-swap ban??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010 03:18:14 PM »

limeriot...it think that you are right in that there have to be allowances for exceptional circumstance, like bereavement etc. which is where I think there should be more than one chance, but I have seen people with three reversals on their profile..I think that is a bit too much personally..

.and yes I can see how in some ways its much easier to deal with an outright flaker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010 03:34:37 PM »

I think there should be more than one chance, but I have seen people with three reversals on their profile..I think that is a bit too much personally..

.and yes I can see how in some ways its much easier to deal with an outright flaker.

I totally agree - three reversals is too many. I know we can technically refuse swappers but I think it would be difficult if it wasn't an official Craftster rule. I find it difficult to partner these people because I want everyone to have a good experience and I always fear that someone with a poor swap history will let down their partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010 04:35:20 PM »

yup and it makes the job of organising a lot more stressful...because you will be worried that they will flake again. I have known (gold medal deserving organisers) who always took the potential flaker for themselves as they didn't want someone else to be flaked on. And that's not right either. Personally i think it will be personal swaps mostly for me from now on..not that I haven't been flaked on in personal swaps a time or three..but mostly they are great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010 01:42:38 PM »

While we don't have a hard and fast policy on "return flakers", I'm almost positive we have never had a case where someone flaked, came back and redeemed their feedback, flaked again, and then tried once more to return. We would definitely look into making some sort of judgment on a situation like that, and most probably, we would not allow that swapper to swap again.

Sometimes someone may have up to five swaps in their profile where they have redeemed negative feedback, but what you see there is someone who was unable to complete several swaps at once, not someone who keeps coming back, fixing things up and then flaking again.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010 02:31:50 PM »

While we don't have a hard and fast policy on "return flakers", I'm almost positive we have never had a case where someone flaked, came back and redeemed their feedback, flaked again, and then tried once more to return. We would definitely look into making some sort of judgment on a situation like that, and most probably, we would not allow that swapper to swap again.

Sometimes someone may have up to five swaps in their profile where they have redeemed negative feedback, but what you see there is someone who was unable to complete several swaps at once, not someone who keeps coming back, fixing things up and then flaking again.   Smiley

You have had this.  I know because I thought there was a rule about it and was surprised to see someone angeling to redeem feedback for the 2nd time.  The flaking incidents were a year apart so it clearly was a second separate flake situation and not a multiple flake situation.

That said, I dont know if I feel one way or another about it.  I am thankful I was able to clean up my negative feedback but it also happened in 2004, I cleaned it up in 2008 and have a number of successful swaps since then.  If something were to happen like a family emergency that caused me to fail at my craft obligations I would hate to be banned because of that previous negative.  The 2004 incident was a while ago and I did actually send, my partner also disappeared, my DC # apparently was faulty,  and I switched emails so I was no longer getting notification of crafster PMs, which means it could never be determined whether I sent.   I was actually shocked and embarrassed to come back in 2008 to find I had a negative.

I think it probably does have to be on an individual basis.  Im not sure if there is a better way to deal with it.  Plus don't organizers have the right to turn people down for being repeatedly late or having flaked in the past???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nina Sankovitch on the Book That Changed Her Life
Cassandra Clare on the Book That Changed Her Life
Isla Morley on the Book That Changed Her Life
Why We All Love the Number 7
Laurel Braitman on When Animals Go Mad
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...