A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: suggestion about reversing negative feedback  (Read 5067 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011 01:22:06 PM »

I agree with you edelC!  I have been flaked on 3 times (times 2 and 3 were with one partner that I had simultaneously for 2 swaps.  We agreed to send one big package, I sent a huge box to her and got nothing in return, that sucked a lot)

It sucks to be flaked on and I don't understand why people redeem their feedback by sending to someone else,  I know I would very much appreciate it if someone who had previously flaked on me sent a package.  I know that now I specifically avoid swaps that I see many people who have previously flaked joining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011 06:04:20 AM »

How about to reverse your negative, either send what you signed up for to your original partner, OR, send two angel packages?  That would give an incentive to meet the original swap commitment. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011 06:46:32 AM »

MissingWillow. I like that idea, assuming the original swap partner is contactable...I personally believe that resending the original package should always be the default, especially since i believe that it is difficult for people to find an opportunity to angel, I know there is an FOCS angelling thing going at the moment, but outside of that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011 07:54:38 PM »

I see people in that FOC angel swap going on right now who flaked in a swap I was running just a few months ago.  I know all their partners are still around and I just don`t understand why they would choose that option and not just put on their big girl panties and send to their original partners.  It`s frustrating but people often choose the path of least resistance. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011 01:14:26 PM »

I see people in that FOC angel swap going on right now who flaked in a swap I was running just a few months ago.  I know all their partners are still around and I just don`t understand why they would choose that option and not just put on their big girl panties and send to their original partners.  It`s frustrating but people often choose the path of least resistance. 

yup..I'd imagine that mostly original partners are still around..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011 06:35:37 PM »

We know life happens sometimes, and that's why we're happy to host the 2nd Chance swap every now and then.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
sunspotted
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011 06:38:16 PM »

yup..I'd imagine that mostly original partners are still around..

WOW! Just caught up on this thread and must put in my two cents on the topic.  I just completed the FOC 2nd chance swap and reversed 2, yes 2, negatives.  When I saw this opportunity it lifted my spirits and I was very grateful to have the chance to get back into good standing.  Now that feedback is positive again, I'm not jumping right into swapping again because I really want to make it up to the craftsters I flaked on.  And, I'm not the only one from this swap that's doing that... Click here for her post.  I know what I thought about flakers before extenuating circumstances turned me into one.  I wouldn't lump everyone who ever flaked into the same category, you just never know one's story!

I'm not lumping everyone together, I was making a statement about the three or so people who flaked in a recent swap I organized.  However, while the Second Chance Swap is a nice idea, I still think the best redemption comes from making things up to your original partner.  A few years ago I got pneumonia while participating in a couple of swaps.  I was too sick to send on time, so I got negative feedback which was very deserved.  When I was well again, I contacted my original partners and swap organizers, completed and sent their packages and reversed my negatives that way.  They had deserved and received angel packages but I still wanted to fulfill my obligations.  In my mind I just think you should make things up to your original partner (if possible) before angeling or participating in this redemption swap, but that is completely just my opinion.  I'm glad people are using the opportunity to come back to swapping and hope that they are all as responsible as you about jumping back into it.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011 07:46:36 AM »

Am I the only non-FOC commenting here? 0-0
Anyways, i just wanted to add something. It is true that maybe to redeem themselves, flakers should resend the original package and a little thank you (probably a letter to keep cost minimal) to the angel. But seeing it at another angle, the one flaked on would have received 2 packages, i.e double goodness, and in a way, it could be unfair for the others.
The 2nd chance swap seems the best alternative, maybe the flaker can just send a sorry letter to the one she/he flaked on, explaining the circumstances that prevented her from sending, and maybe adding a small chocolate sweet to boost the one flaked on's mood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011 03:53:16 PM »

Two packages can help make up for the fact that someone who is flaked on has been waiting a long time to get their package.  While everyone in the swap may be excitedly posting about what they sent and received, by the time it is determined that a swapper has been flaked on, then an angel secured, then crafting and mailing time for the angel's package the swap is long over with.  For many people participating in the buzz of a swap is as important as the making and receiving of crafts and it definitely can take a little fun out of the process when you finally have something to post and everyone has gone on to other swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011 05:08:12 PM »

alteredmommy...well said..and I would add that the experience of being flaked on is very disheartening for the flakee and it can really taint the swapping process, so having recompense of two packages might go some way towards making that up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gravy
How to Marinate Turkey
How to Make Turkey Stuffing
A Visit to Cork and Brew Restaurant in Liberty, MO
Galaxy Restaurant in Wadsworth, OH
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...