A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Idea for swap feedback enhancement  (Read 1817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 08, 2010 11:13:01 AM »

Just an idea- sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but it seems like the right place for this.

I'm very new to swapping; I found it helpful to go through the galleries of my swap partner's previous swaps to see what they have made in the past- this took a long time and was cumbersome. It would be cool if, in the feedback table for swaps on the member pages, the organizer or the swapper could (have the option to) post some photos next to the swap title with the items they made for the swap.

There is a lot of discussion on this board re: matching swappers (generosity, skill level, etc). If the swap feedback table in member profiles had an area to add pictures this could help both the organizer and the swap partner tailor their packages (and their expectations).

Just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010 06:56:36 AM »

I'm not sure I understand but if you're looking for the pictures that your partner posted? There's a link for that in the member's profile (go down about halfway, there's links to 'images posted by this member'

Or if you're looking for the pictures your partner's partner posted, on the first page there should be a list of matched partners, once you find the partner you can see the pictures they posted the same way.

Just curious, how much do pictures of past swaps help? The pictures that your partner received are what someone else thought your partner would like, so it may or may not really match what your partner likes/wants. And the pictures of what your partner sent to someone else doesn't show what your partner likes/wants since they, hopefully, made the items using their partner's likes and dislikes, not their own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zilamonster

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010 01:30:39 PM »

Oi geeze, I'm sorry; my original post reads very unclear. Also, as an aside, my above post is more of a "hey, that would be nice" suggestion rather than a "this is an essential change!" suggestion.

Or if you're looking for the pictures your partner's partner posted, on the first page there should be a list of matched partners, once you find the partner you can see the pictures they posted the same way.

Above in bold is what I am suggesting.

Here is what I was thinking:
Person A is in a swap entitled "Cows in Danger" with person B. The organizer of this swap is person Z
Person A just finished a swap entitled "Irish Mayhem"; their partner of this swap was person C, the organizer was person Y

In person A's feedback table (within person A's profile), person A was able to post pictures of the items person A made for person C for the "Irish Mayhem" swap (or, person Y was able to post pictures of the items person A made for person C within person A's feedback table)

Person B is able to look at the items in person A's profile that person A made for person C for the "Irish Mayhem" swap. Because of this, person B is able to gauge what to expect to receive from person A for the "Cows in Danger" swap (in general terms of quality of items, amount of items made) as well as get a sense for person A's tastes (generally, I think people craft to their own tastes regardless of the recipient... but I could be wrong). Additionally, the organizer (person Z) of the "Cows in Danger" swap is able to match swappers by skill level more easily because pictures of person A's previously made swap package(s) is/are located on the feedback table in person A's profile.

Sometimes, when there is a flaker, the swapper's partner doesn't post pictures of what was sent; also, at times, the receiver posts very poor quality pictures of the items received (no judgment, not everyone is Ansel Adams). But, it can be cumbersome to look through all those posts and organizers (in particular) already do a lot of work organizing the swap. This might just make it a little easier.

Again, sorry for being a doofus. I hope this doesn't read too much like an algebra problem.

-Z "One train leaves from Kalamazoo with an average speed of 64mph..."

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010 01:38:35 PM by zilamonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010 09:50:03 AM »

I like looking to see what my partners made and what they received in previous swaps. I like to know what their finished work looks like and I want to find any info I can about past packages they've received like, "Love this fabric so much!" or "The slippers are a little on the small/large side, but I really like the pattern"
Plus I don't want to make something similar to what they've already received unless they're collecting ATC's or stuffies or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
zilamonster

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010 10:13:42 AM »

I like looking to see what my partners made and what they received in previous swaps. I like to know what their finished work looks like and I want to find any info I can about past packages they've received like, "Love this fabric so much!" or "The slippers are a little on the small/large side, but I really like the pattern"
Plus I don't want to make something similar to what they've already received unless they're collecting ATC's or stuffies or something.

That is a really good point!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010 12:22:52 AM »

lol it would be fun info to look at, but pretty sure it would be a logistical nightmare. It's still hard sometimes for some organizers to get the link to the swap correctly in the feedback form. The feature to look at all messages by a certain member would help out with that a little, if you were stalking a specific person and they didn't have too many posts (or most of their posts were swap related)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010 08:55:04 AM »

Person A is in a swap entitled "Cows in Danger" with person B. The organizer of this swap is person Z
Person A just finished a swap entitled "Irish Mayhem";

personally I would love to do a cows in danger swap..Irish mayhem we took care of last night, i didn't get home from the pub until 5am...disgraceful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011 12:32:42 PM »

Would it be possible to just add the gallery link along with the original thread link to the feedback.  That would make it a lot easier for a future partner to track down picture posts (the crafter could just search that one thread), without overly complicating the feedback system. 

(Ideally, we could just find the gallery link from within the original thread, but there are some where I've spent a while skimming through 9+ pages of a swap thread before finally finding the gallery link.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011 06:29:55 AM »

We try to get organizers to put the gallery link on that first post of the signup thread. Most are catching on, and hopefully soon everyone will remember to do it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
After Effects - Audio to Animation
After Effects - Dead Planet
After Effects - Set Extentions
How to Add Demon Face Warp in After Effects
How to Transform Day to Night in After Effects
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...