A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make a Purse & Fill It Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED, MAIL BY 02/28/2011  (Read 37690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2011 08:19:43 AM »

i will definitely get a proper machine eventually but my beginner brother has helped me totally fall in love with sewing and gain confidence with beginner type projects
i want to get a serger sooo bad so i can make myself some clothes with professional edges

finished another filler last night  Grin i love it so much id keep it if it fit me lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2011 09:15:28 AM »

I wish I could afford to send my swap packages overnight!  The suspense of waiting for opheliapoe's package to get to her is killing me!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
opheliapoe
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2011 12:00:21 PM »

Lol... I'm sure I will love it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2011 12:03:16 PM »

I wish I could go back to when I bought my first machine.  I would have done more research and talked to more people who had sewing experience.  I allowed myself to be talked into way more machine (and therefore way more money) than I needed.  I do use my machine, but if I had it to do over again I would not have bought this machine.  
I do love sewing though and I am glad that I had a machine that didn't give me fits when I was learning to sew.  But that being said, I think I could have spent less than half of what I did and still had a good machine to learn on.
Oh well.  I have learned not to be so impulsive so that is a good thing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whats_her_name
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2011 12:05:14 PM »

Speaking of old sewing machines.... I work at Greenfield Village, a living history museum in Dearborn, MI. This year I will be working in an 1880 farmhouse of all places- we dress for the period, cook, sew, garden, all those sorts of things. Well, they have a machine from 1880 in the house and if we can get it working right I'll get to use it! Woo! Oldest machine ever! I don't know if it would be good for sewing purses though :-P

OMGoodness, how cool is that job?!?!  Wow!!  So what do you do when you cook, etc - do the people get to eat, do you serve up the staff??  Such a neat idea...!  Might just have to plan a trip there to see it.

I wish I could afford to send my swap packages overnight!  The suspense of waiting for opheliapoe's package to get to her is killing me!  Roll Eyes

I know exactly what you mean!!  I am anxious for all the pics to magically appear in the gallery this week - think it'll happen?!?!?  lol....

Oh well.  I have learned not to be so impulsive so that is a good thing. Smiley

Yeah, but think of the fun you've had!  Grin  Sorry, I'm no help in that area- I'm a salesperson's dream!!  hehehehehehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2011 12:13:16 PM »

Yeah, but think of the fun you've had!  Grin  Sorry, I'm no help in that area- I'm a salesperson's dream!!  hehehehehehehe
[/quote]

Oh, I hear ya!  I was this salesperson's favorite customer for a while, I think. Smiley
I bought a regular machine first, then an embroidery machine, then another machine as both my daughter and husband started sewing.  Then to top it off we bought a mid-arm to do all the quilting. Smiley 
I have had a lot of fun.  I just think that I would have gone with a different brand of machine if I had done more test sewing before buying.
It's all good, though.  I really like that my daughter and hubby sew/quilt, too.  It is fun to work on stuff together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myclouds
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2011 05:53:59 PM »

whats_her_name - You should visit! It is a great place! Henry Ford brought houses from different times in history and different parts of America to one place. In some of the houses we show what life would have been like in 1880, or 1760, and the like. We work and cook as the family who lived in the house would have, and eat it together. We grow the food and raise animals on the farm (some of which we do eat). We have a lot of "antique breeds", REALLY cool chickens. We can't feed guests because we aren't a restaurant though. The Eagle Tavern is a restaurant in the village with an 1850's menu and dining experience, the staff even dress for the period.

It's definitely something to check out. It is a collection of America's history. The museum is cool too. It could be a 2-3 day trip really  Grin

http://thehenryford.org/village/index.aspx

THIS ROCKS   Logged
opheliapoe
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2011 06:31:31 PM »

After this swap and the other swap I just signed up for the other day, I'm gonna be taking a swap break for a while. But, its for an awesome reason... I will be needing all the crafting time I can get to fix up my NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!! I am so stinking happy!! We have been renting for years now. And we have an opportunity now to own our own home. So, I've been doing happy dances all weekend Smiley

Swap wise, I'm still working on the purse and a couple of the crafted extras. I've got to try and get everything finished up this week so I can send off early next week and get to packing and moving Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: February 13, 2011 06:44:29 PM »

greenfield village looks like sooooo much fun!

congrats opheliapoe! that is way too exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

opheliapoe
« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2011 07:47:23 PM »

Thanks! We are so excited. Even the kids can't stop talking about it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Puff Pastry Palmiers and Cheese Straws
The Extra Coconut Cookie Recipe
Bake a Bit of Romantic Hollywood with Sweet Swan Cookies
Dark Chocolate: Which Brands Are Actually Good For You?
How This Chocolate Will Keep You Up
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...