A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make a Purse & Fill It Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED, MAIL BY 02/28/2011  (Read 39206 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ComeOnGetDown
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2011 05:05:38 AM »

I think the two words tend to be used interchangably.  I think of stabilizer as the stuff you use when machine embroidering and interfacing as the stuff you use in garments and bags.   I use a mid-weight interfacing and usually fusible fleece in many of my bags/purses.  Some people like a stiffer bag and use a heavy-weight interfacing.  I also use fusible interfacing rather than sew-in most of the time as I find it quicker and easier.  You could use canvas for an inner layer as well (this is good for market bags or any bag you want some drape to rather than stiffness).  I find that for some bags, fusible fleece is enough for the body I am looking for.  It is what you use as the inner layer that gives the bag body, so it really depends on what you want the end product to be like. 

Thanks for the tip... for some reason I was picturing stabilizer as a spray-on... kind of like spray on basting for quilts.. haha  that sounds retarded when i say it out loud  Cheesy 

I finally got over myself, found the perfect pattern, ordered the hardware and i'm super stoked!

I'm in NC and the weather here is always weird.. it was 70 yesterday and BEAUTIFUL!  and tomorrow the high is 35... then they're forecasting snow next week... *le sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2011 11:05:04 AM »

I finished the main part of the purse yesterday...now to figure out a lining and handles...Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2011 12:02:39 PM »

All you snow day people - wow! I am moderately jealous, until i need to go outside and can wear flip flops. Southern California is the place to be, apparently! We are possibly going to have 80 degree temps this weekend.

Gosh that sounds like bragging Wink
but we did have an unusually high rainfall this year (we got a season's worth in 3 weeks - hi flooding!)

Wait wait....you're in Southern Cali too??? OMG, WHERE? I'm in Ventura! The rain nearly did me in this winter (with two kids and a non working car.... BAD BAD!). I'm like a cat that gets wet---i HATE it. If there's no sunshine then Isi gets grumpy T-T Anyway, just checking in. My partner and I have great communication and we're planning slowly ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2011 12:23:41 PM »

All you snow day people - wow! I am moderately jealous, until i need to go outside and can wear flip flops. Southern California is the place to be, apparently! We are possibly going to have 80 degree temps this weekend.

Gosh that sounds like bragging Wink
but we did have an unusually high rainfall this year (we got a season's worth in 3 weeks - hi flooding!)

Wait wait....you're in Southern Cali too??? OMG, WHERE? I'm in Ventura! The rain nearly did me in this winter (with two kids and a non working car.... BAD BAD!). I'm like a cat that gets wet---i HATE it. If there's no sunshine then Isi gets grumpy T-T Anyway, just checking in. My partner and I have great communication and we're planning slowly ^^

I'm in Northern San Diego County. That rain was ridiculous! OUr back yard was nearly knee deep in water!! ARgh!

SO nice that it is drying out!! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainysunshine789
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2011 05:57:50 PM »

So I started the purse on Tuesday and finished it this afternoon.  I get pretty excited when I get going.  Makes things finish real quick.  I drew up the pattern last week.  My least favorite part is cutting out the pattern.  After that it gets really fun.  It turned out GREAT.  I really hope she likes it (and if she doesn't she can just send it back to me!).  It's not my usual style, but it's so cute I'd be willing to make an exception.
I also did made one of the fillers today, too.  I got a lot done without my cats climbing in my lap and on my sewing table and attacking my fabric or threads... They were at the kennel today so my apartment could be shown.  I can't wait to have a craft room that has a door!
Next is hand-made filler #2.  That would should finish tonight, too. 
Then I can show them all off to my boyfriend this weekend, and send it off next week!  Yay for finishing early.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will sew for stamps!  Or swap stamps for fabric!  Send me a message for a personal swap!

http://pinterest.com/laneyruth/

OTT Swap Secret Pal Round 2 ~ Gathering ideas, crafting, sending, or sent.  Maybe. 
Inchies Mania Swap ~ Set #1 done, Set #2 begun
Jar of Whimsies Rd 12 ~ Partners! Stalk
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2011 08:38:40 PM »

Big Wave to all you California Girls! I'm a native Californian myself.... From San Diego, grew up in OC, then later moved to San Fran. Will someone go hug a beach for me???
  Now, I find myself stuck out here in Phoenix! YUCK!!! And it's cold right now... 37 degrees at mid-day. But it's pretty outside.
  Anyway, I have all my stuff, and I'm just about to get started actually working on this swap. Just finished Mom's living room drapes. She bought the fabric 2 years ago! Since I'm off tomorrow and the next,(4 days total) I'll get a good start.
  Now that Mom's got her drapes,I can "Swap Sew" Guilt Free!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennilocker
« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2011 05:31:14 AM »

I finished the purse and a few small filler items...need to pick up a few store bought goodies and I will probably mail on Monday! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2011 07:10:02 AM »

God Day everyone. I finally started on my partner's pkg. I came up with an idea for the handles. Have to go to the store for the filler items and some findings to complete her pkg. Hope everyone is crafting their hands and hearts with contentment.

Have a good weekend! 
  Embarrassed Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Rock Cave Mom
« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2011 10:14:54 AM »

just ckecking in!!!!  I have completed 5 things to go inside the bag.  I have cut out the bag and will started sewing as soon as I get back from Denver!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do Personal Swaps
craftycakelady
« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2011 02:45:37 PM »

I have received a most beautiful pkg from my partner and will try to post pics this weekend.  I, however, am still working on her stuff and now I have to humbly try to live up to the wonderful-ness of what she sent to me. 

Thank you Deece in MN!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Your Hair With a Flat Iron
How to Flat Iron Your Hair
How to Choose a Flat Iron
How to Maintain Your Flat Iron and Hair
How to Use a Flat Iron
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...