A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make a Purse & Fill It Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED, MAIL BY 02/28/2011  (Read 37754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2011 07:50:32 AM »

I am thinking about joining this one, but I wanted to run a few ideas by the ladies in this swap already.  I have already PMed the organizer.

I am not really into sewing an actual purse, I sew by hand and would rather not actually sew the purse, but I could if I had to.  I haven't sewn a purse by hand, but I did make a bag once using a machine.

One idea I have is altering a purse.  I stenciled a purse in the December Birthday swap, and would love to do that again.  Though, I wouldn't be making a purse, I would be buying one that is a good candidate for altering then alter it.  I could also alter it more by adding lace, buttons, flowers, etc.

The other idea is making a box purse.  I made a coffin box (I altered the pattern so I could just put a top on the box without hinges) this past Halloween, and I used a coffin purse tutorial to do so.  So, I know I can make a coffin purse, or a box shaped purse.  I have a drill and everything I would need to do that, lots of cardboard boxes to tear apart, and I could make it as big as my partner would want.  It would have a duct tape design, or paper mached and painted.  I may be able to cover it with fabric, I just have to look up how to do that.

ALSO, heh, I got a wood burning kit for Christmas, so if I got a wooden box to burn, I could add handles and stain the wood. Cheesy  I have never done wood burning, but I have wood scraps to practice on, and I hope the kit actually works. XD

Would anyone want a partner that could make purses like that?

I would!!! Actually its the same thing I had in mind also, as I'm not a great sewer my self. I've actually debated on dropping out of the swap several times because I wasn't sure how I was going to sew a pruse/bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
jennilocker
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011 07:55:31 AM »

This was the first swap that I joined last year after I got my sewing machine and I too felt overwhelmed when looking at the galleries since some of the ladies on here can totally rock a sewing machine.  I think that as long as you put forth an effort it will turn out wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissTee_2

Harry Potter is Love.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011 08:04:18 AM »

I am so excited for this swap! It has been forever since I have done one and I am so looking forward to this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly
Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011 01:40:10 PM »

I'm going to have to sign up for this!  On a side note, I wouldn't mind having something other than a sewn purse.  As long as it's unique, it's awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
Sheeplet
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2011 01:40:46 PM »

I have finally mustered up the courage to send off my questionnaire Cheesy I've wanted to do a swap for so long but was a bit intimidated by all you lovely craftsters, but I think I'm ready now! (I'll keep telling myself that). I'm looking forward to the start of the swap and looking through the past galleries has been fun! I have lots of ideas already.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To see the rainbow, we must endure the rain.
whats_her_name
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2011 03:27:01 PM »

Never fear, ladies - I'm with polkadotts - put in a good effort, and you will get a good result!!

And as I mentioned before, give yourself plenty of time before send-out dates.  A couple hours every other night for 3-4 weeks means that you have a nice, laid-back experience during this swap rather than trying to pound out a bag in one night over 12 hours...  Trust me, I've done it both ways, and the 1 night thing is NOT fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2011 04:37:56 PM »

My first swap! I am so excited. I can't wait to get started, all these ideas are running around my head. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011 05:17:11 PM »

I think I might just faint on the day of partnering, from all this anticipation!  Grin

And...I bought some MORE stuff for this swap...the 17th really needs to get here soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
jlh326
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2011 06:37:50 PM »

sooooo into this one. but, i am afraid i will get ahead of myself. i just signed up for my first swap. the keep me warm swap. i am hoping there is enough time once our partners are announced that i can jump in on this. i am fairly new to the site, and have been slowly easing into all that craftster is!! very addicting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2011 07:32:40 PM »

Just signed up! I have been cleaning house and just got rid of about 40 bags and the same for shoes so I have room for more now woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Sort and Organize Photos in Adobe Bridge
How to Automate the Workflow in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Special Effects in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Edit an Image in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...