A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make a Purse & Fill It Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED, MAIL BY 02/28/2011  (Read 36508 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010 12:50:16 PM »

I'M TOTALLY JOINING!!!!!! But I have to wait until the latter end of sign-ups to get feed back from my first swap. I'm so excited!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010 01:34:14 PM »

thinking of joining but i am still a beginner. how do swaps work? do the moderator fix 2 craftsters together who fit ability and/or capability? i am very willing to work off a new pattern since theres plenty of time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whats_her_name
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010 06:41:25 PM »

thinking of joining but i am still a beginner. how do swaps work? do the moderator fix 2 craftsters together who fit ability and/or capability? i am very willing to work off a new pattern since theres plenty of time

You'll be matched up with someone according to all the questionnaire information, not just capability - that's one factor, but there are many (allergies, willingness to ship outside your own country, etc).  We do our best to find you the most suitable partner!!

I hope you'll join us!  To sign up, you simply copy and paste the questionnaire into a personal message and you send it to either myself (whats_her_name) or to the co-organizer (green r my tear$) and away we go!  You'll be notified if you've been approved (must meet all the criteria of having been a member for at least one month, having posted at least 15 times, etc, etc.  Again, check out the Swap Info Guide for more the details!!  Of course, you do meet all the criteria, so you'd be approved as a first-time swapper!

Then, after you've been approved, you would simply wait until the signup period is over.  You'll get a private message with your partner's information and that's when all the fun starts!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010 06:45:25 PM »

I looked at all the past galleries for this swap (instead of cleaning the house  Roll Eyes) and am AMAZED at all the different types of pocketbooks and "stuffers" there were!

(I also made a mini list of other "stuffers" that I am interested in for my future partner...things I didn't think of till I looked at the past galleries.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010 07:11:57 PM »

I have sent in my questionaire. I've never really made bags before, but I'm keen to have a go. Might have to read up on stablisers etc as I have no idea how or when to use that sort of thing, just know that I've read about them in conjunction with bag making. Off to stalk the boards to see what was made and stuffed into the bags in previous rounds.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crymson
I am the Lazy Druid.

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010 10:15:42 PM »

I'm gonna hold off signing up until I'm sure I have a job to pay for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

browndog
& yellow dog, too!

finding beauty in the dissonance

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010 07:51:06 AM »

Sent in my questionaire!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- I love to sew -
- I love science -
http://wists.com/browndog
Willing to do personal swaps - I sew bags & am looking for resin pendants, knit/crochet market bags, ATCs and anything for a fairy garden!
whats_her_name
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010 09:59:45 AM »

I looked at all the past galleries for this swap (instead of cleaning the house  Roll Eyes) and am AMAZED at all the different types of pocketbooks and "stuffers" there were!

(I also made a mini list of other "stuffers" that I am interested in for my future partner...things I didn't think of till I looked at the past galleries.)

I KNOW!  There are a lot of great ideas, and my co-organizer and myself are going to put together a nice list for you all to help you with ideas - that'll come within the next 2 weeks - it would be sooner, but it's just one week before Christmas!!!   Shocked

I have sent in my questionaire. I've never really made bags before, but I'm keen to have a go. Might have to read up on stablisers etc as I have no idea how or when to use that sort of thing, just know that I've read about them in conjunction with bag making. Off to stalk the boards to see what was made and stuffed into the bags in previous rounds.
Thanks

I have only made 2 bags so far and am half-way through my third, and I have to say that so far I think I prefer medium-weight interfacing, and the fusible is the way to go!!  Cheesy  Having said that, I'm making a travel bag for hubby right now and I'm using heavyweight, and I think that'll come out really nice too...  I'll be sure to post that whenever I get around to finishing (one day...!)  There are lots of great tips in the boards for bags, purses, etc - so stalk away!  Cheesy

I'm gonna hold off signing up until I'm sure I have a job to pay for it.

Happy job hunting and good luck!   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010 10:13:55 AM »

Don't worry aprettymess, I'm brand spanking new to purse making too but I'm excited to try. And to get one in return? WHAT COULD BETTER!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audette
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010 10:29:56 AM »

all signed up and can't wait for the start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Navigator Palette
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Downsample an Image
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Un-sample an Image
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Change Resolution and Image Size
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Scrolling and Panning
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...