I made this jacket as a birthday present to myself and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The pattern wasn't too difficult to work with, either. I broke a few needles in the thick fabric and I had to re-do a few seams (especially around the collar). But, other than that...it wasn't bad.
I made a mock up in quilter's cotton, and decided to cut a size up to accommodate the heavy corduroy. Then, I decided that cotton-lined corduroy wouldn't be warm enough, and it would need a quilted lining. I think I was looking for an excuse to use the free-motion foot on my sewing machine.
I quilted a panel of cotton and polar fleece that was about 45" by 52" with a small paisley design and burned through well over 1000 meters of thread. I cut the body of the lining from that; the lining of the sleeves isn't quilted. If I were to do it again, I'd use satin for the sleeve lining so it didn't catch my clothes so bad. I also made a buttonhole in the wrong place and had to unpick it.
Oh, well. It's cozy, it fits me and I love it.
I left out the shoulder pads because they looked funny on me.
Also, it is really hard to find that many buttons of the same size and color. I didn't want to spend a small fortune, so I went with plastic and ended up using smaller buttons on the sleeves.
Thanks for looking!
All of the free-motion quilting: