A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 12/14/10 - New Craft Supplies Shop on Craftster Announcement  (Read 16226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010 08:42:38 AM »

I think of Craftster as a giant, online magazine, chock full of great projects, inspiration, and techniques. As a bonus, there is a feeling of community, where people can get to know fellow crafters and actually make friends. Even though paper magazines have plenty of ads to help cover their costs, generally, they don't give them away for free. You still have to either purchase them in a store, or pay to have them delivered to your house.

That's what supporting Craftster by becoming a FOC is like: subscribing to the greatest online craft magazine known to man! For just $12 a year (ONE DOLLAR a month!), you can help keep Craftster the great place we all strive to have it be. We try our best to support the site with the crafty-ess advertising possible.

Having a shop is one more way to generate revenue. Many people appreciate the opportunity to do a little online shopping for their supplies. Like any new feature, it may have some bugs until things are worked out. Isn't it nice how the admin. is listening and responding to your concerns? Give them a little break! There are only two full time workers here. I think you would be shocked if you knew how much behind the scene work they do. Meanwhile, if the whole concept of the shop is that offensive to you, don't click the tiny "Shop" button at the top of your screen. Problem solved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010 09:00:37 AM »

I think of Craftster as a giant, online magazine, chock full of great projects, inspiration, and techniques. As a bonus, there is a feeling of community, where people can get to know fellow crafters and actually make friends. Even though paper magazines have plenty of ads to help cover their costs, generally, they don't give them away for free. You still have to either purchase them in a store, or pay to have them delivered to your house.

That's what supporting Craftster by becoming a FOC is like: subscribing to the greatest online craft magazine known to man! For just $12 a year (ONE DOLLAR a month!), you can help keep Craftster the great place we all strive to have it be. We try our best to support the site with the crafty-ess advertising possible.

Having a shop is one more way to generate revenue. Many people appreciate the opportunity to do a little online shopping for their supplies. Like any new feature, it may have some bugs until things are worked out. Isn't it nice how the admin. is listening and responding to your concerns? Give them a little break! There are only two full time workers here. I think you would be shocked if you knew how much behind the scene work they do. Meanwhile, if the whole concept of the shop is that offensive to you, don't click the tiny "Shop" button at the top of your screen. Problem solved.

That is such an awesome way of putting it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010 09:07:35 AM »

That is such an awesome way of putting it.

I agree. Thanks racky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010 11:22:07 AM »

Thanks again, guys!  We totally appreciate your feedback, and I hope I've answered all of your questions so far.

We're working through the little bugs.  We'll be adding more affiliates as it gets finely tuned & oiled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2010 02:06:03 PM »

...it kind of sucks to come on here and hear the same people complaining over and over...

..I also really hate as soon as people see a potential money making thing that they don't like they start threatening to not renew FOC ...

Gee, thanks.  Angry You're clearly responding to me. Let's not make this personal. If you do wish to point fingers please do it in private.

Sweets has made it clear that our feedback is welcome. That's all we're doing - in the spirit of making Craftster a better place. I won't be clicking on the shop, but I do feel it important to mention when I think something is going wrong in the same way I make sure to thank mods, swap organisers and people who post cool projects. Openness and honesty is good for the community. Through constructive critique the site will be improved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010 04:07:47 PM »

There's always the option of not clicking on the shop if it isn't something that interests you for whatever reason...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010 05:12:38 PM »

Aw, it's okay, guys!  Please do not get angry with one another.  We do our best to incorporate the suggestions, but we do know it's impossible to please everyone all of the time.  I love that you guys are as passionate about our community as Casey & myself are, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2010 09:16:16 PM »

That's very cool! I'll be browsing. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McAnaraks
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011 03:32:23 PM »

Wow! This looks like a great resource for Craftsters.
How would a store go about being affiliated with Craftster, is there some information somewhere about it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011 03:35:06 PM »

Affiliate programs are more aligned with larger companies, but we do have small business advertising that I'd definitely encourage you to look in to! Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/advertise/squarebuttonads/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work with hue/saturation in Photoshop
How to create an action in Photoshop Part 2/2
How to Create Baby Photos in Photoshop
How to Create a Gradient in Photoshop
How to Rename your Digital Files Using Exifer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...