A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Canadian Envelope Swap Winter Edition! Gallery!  (Read 4299 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cealy
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010 04:18:10 AM »

Cealy - I'm so sorry about the little OWL - my son snatched him up as soon as I opened and I forgot about him when I went to take pictures!
Having said that - I can't get a clear shot of him! I don't know if it's because of my camera or his cute size.
If you have a picture, will you please post it?!  Undecided
He's the cutest little blue felted owl, sitting on a little branch.

Forgot to take one before I sent it! OOPS!
That's why I had hoped you got one! lol
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

"this kid is driving me craaaazy!"-Robert Munchs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010 06:12:58 AM »

two more wonderful packages!

I'm feeling now that it wasn't full enough  Undecided but it's my first swap, so I wasn't quite sure about what was expected. I thought sticking to the envelope size was super important, but now I wish I had cheated a little!

Nah you're envelope was wonderful!  the whole point of the swap(for me anyway) is to try and stuff that thing as full as possible while still just sending as an oversized envelope (which generally costs 1.50-2.00)  And if you have a regular postal lady (or man) sometimes they are a bit more lenient:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mermaidcafe

don't dream it - be it

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010 05:05:57 PM »

Vallyncia - thanks for posting the pictures!

I'm glad you liked your package!

I've been enjoying the one you sent me too!  I don't know why you're worrying about what you sent - it's all great! Smiley
the pictures are on my wall (the haiku on the back is precious!), the jewelry bits are perfect (very me!), the caramals were delicious, and the lace was absolutely perfect - i am upcycling a bunch of stuff in my closet, and it will come in very handy!

thanks so much for being my partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010 09:12:36 PM »

I got my insanely packed package from sum1smuma.... I still can't believe this was all in one envelope.

Group 1: The Mostly Festive Stuff--> Gift tags - some festive, some not (the green ones are especially classy); Rudolph stickers - my favourite Christmas show; candy canes; Christmas-y Silly Bandz (so fun - I see why it's a craze that's sweeping the nation among kids... they're a shape, and then they're on your wrist... and then they're a shape again!), a tiny metal sled, and a Christmas postcard from 1916. Oh, and the things in the Saran Wrap are tiny multi-coloured jingle bells.

Showing off the other side of the postcard. And yes, I have a collection of vintage paper goodies, and especially love "communication"!

Group 2: The Supplies and Such --> Crossword Puzzle card, Swirly necklace, Flat Beads, Peace Sign charms (I'm excited to find a perfect use for these), Mini Sticky-Back Toadstools, Little Cake that I think is actually an eraser, bag of nice smelling things that made my package smell lovely, Iron-On J (for Jessica - that's me Wink), more tags of a different sort, 2 vintage handkerchiefs, and a kitty pin

One of the "Big Items" (you can fit big items in an envelope!?) - a "travel emergency kit", or at least that's what I would call it. Nice little tin, with a lot of emergency stuff! I moved the bandaids so the rest was visible. I'll have to remember this the next time I go away!  

The other "big item" - A Travel Journal! - complete with a J on the front, nice pages, and a few little stickers and such throughout.

Thank you so much sum1smuma.... you grasped my likes perfectly, and everything in this package is so useful and "me"! I had a lot of fun with this swap.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010 09:14:25 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010 11:00:58 PM »

Seriously - we need to start a thread on packaging tips, for shipping - I am stunned by what people can stuff into envelopes.  This is like a clown car at a circus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010 05:20:35 AM »

how on earth did sum1smuma do it?!!?!?!!  that's insane!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sum1smuma
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2010 12:25:05 PM »

Thank you so much sum1smuma.... you grasped my likes perfectly, and everything in this package is so useful and "me"! I had a lot of fun with this swap.
I had a blast too. I wondered if I had put a disclaimer about the travel tin, so I am glad you knew what it was.

Seriously - we need to start a thread on packaging tips, for shipping - I am stunned by what people can stuff into envelopes.  This is like a clown car at a circus!
That made me laugh and gave me visuals! I measured and checked and it all fit into a regular card envelope and I think there was some space in the corners, so I could have squeezed a few more things in. Wink I am in for the next round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2010 12:46:17 PM »

My awesome amazing wonderful goodies from Skrabadoo!

The everything!

Card stock cut outs, Mug cozy, stickers, gift tags, foamy snowflakes, mini cards
Close-ups
A wonderful mug cozy which will be used all year round!

and these awesome card stock cut outs! 

Thank you so much Skrabadoo!   It's a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sum1smuma
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010 05:19:36 PM »

Those are adorable..all those cute little animals. Especially love that penguin. And your ninja monkeys! A perfect bunch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
zoby
No Pants, No Problem!

Something witty goes here.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2010 09:17:26 AM »

I keep forgetting to post pictures of my package from Dontmindtherain! So I figured sketchy lighting be darned, if I didn't do it now I'd forget.

Some holiday cards, gift tags, crazy looking cd that I unfortunately haven't had the chance to listen to yet, and pretty snowflake fabric, which is my favourite part. I feel like I'm forgetting something, which is quite possible... I know one or two of the cards got used already  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese
Behind the Sandwich: Crispy Pork at Bark Hot Dogs
The Best Burger in New York City: The Brindle Room
Dr. Travis Makes a Healthy Deep Dish Pizza
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...