A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrappy String Block Swap-SU's CloseD;SO's 1/20/2011  (Read 14175 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princesspimp81
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010 06:36:41 AM »

Personally, if the swap is limited to only 15 members, I'd be ok with sending two blocks to all the other members of the swap lol  Also, I was wondering how big of an envelope I'd need to send two squares, and I thought I'd share that two 6 1/2" inch  squares folded in half fit perfectly inside a regular business sized envelope!  I mean, I'd put them in a baggie or something for extra protection if I went that way, but it would certainly save on shipping!

Anyway, I've made like eight blocks already thanks to my insomnia, so here are pics of two of them that I worked up!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010 05:55:54 PM »

Those squares are too fun!!! I'm looking forward to doing these too. I'm going to work in my crafty room this weekend on Christmas stuff, so maybe I'll try one myself too!

I am also a fan of the 3 groups of 5. And as princess said, if you use the smaller envelopes, it is cheaper. Fabric is light after all!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
kwiltykate
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010 08:54:33 PM »

I'm one of the Aussies Cheesy   Seriously does not cost alot to post 2-3  6 1/2in blocks internationally, very light. I was in the a quilt block swap a few months back, 4 x 12in blocks to 4 people (all USA) and cost me less than $20.

Love the small novelty prints in the pics!! I do have a thing for owls Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cxcaitlyn
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010 11:23:22 PM »

Hi all! Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet, I've been pretty busy since it's finals week...but I'm definitely looking forward to starting when I finish all of my school work!

I think 2 to each member is an awesome idea, I like the idea that we'll all be helping with everyone's quilts  Grin

I don't have any pets or allergies, if that's what we were supposed to comment....

I've only made one quilt before, but I'm excited to do a 'real' one - you can see my post here regarding the first one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363673.msg4269829#msg4269829
(I'm pretty sure this one won't be as big  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rock Cave Mom
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010 10:18:49 AM »

I am still working on a few last minute Christmas gifts.  But I plan to start working on the blocks soon.  I am not opposed to send to all members either.  We would end up with enough to create a complete quilt!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do Personal Swaps
lissablair

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010 12:31:48 PM »

All right, count me in!  I thought about just lurking and seeing what everyone else did, but we've just received about 6 inches of snow here, and they're predicting more (we're usually lucky to get any snow at all before the first of the year, much less any accumulation) so it looks like I'll be cooped up for a while.  Can't wait to get started, sending in my questionnaire now! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

http://www.wists.com/lissablair
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010 06:26:24 PM »

I am trying to get some christmas gifts finished with out any motivation....it sucks. BUT I have loads of fabric I'll have to get out of my storage unit for this one! lots of variety!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010 06:54:39 PM »

Hi meganlorraine! 

I will send in my signup for this tonight!!!  I think quilt squares will be cheap to send, even internationally.  Keep the extras to a minimum and voila -- an inexpensive swap that will be tons of fun!  I like the idea of extra strips of fabric for working into your scrappy quilt!  Can't wait to be on vacation so I can sew!  (and see meganlorraine, who happens to be my dd!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010 08:39:06 AM »

Sorry to be MiA...family has come to roost and I'm enjoying holding my GD for the first time...not so much the cooking and dishes..but oh, well!!  Tongue
We are up to 13 Members of the Swap!!!  Welcome ya'all!  I've tried to keep up w/posts and finally have everyone up to date...thank you for your patience. 
Also, thank you for input on the mailing of swap blocks(the examples are great!!). 
We could have a group of those who want to mail w/in a set group and another who would like to exchange w/ all others...Huh  More input needed before Sunday evening, me thinks!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010 10:06:45 AM »

I'd love to swap blocks with everyone.  Sending the extra strip of fabric sounds great to me, too.  I asked for black, white, red and orange for my quilt blocks.  I took a quilting class with someone that did a quilt in those combos and it was stunning.  No sweat, if you don't have those colors, though.  It's been on my list to make for over a year now, another year or two won't kill me.  Thought I'd ask, just in case any of you have those colors in you scrap stash.

I'm also the big pain in the neck with allergies.  I think, as long as the blocks aren't covered in hair, I'll be OK.  Maybe a quick lint roll to them, if they end up looking part cat. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carpet Ready for Robert Pattinson! Salon Makeover
Interview With Sally Hershberger - Hairstylist to the Stars: Style Icon
Interview with Frédéric Fekkai: Style Icon
How to Find the Right Haircut for Your Face Shape
Sensitive Skin Beauty Tip: New Natural Shampoos - Organic and Eco-Friendly!
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...