A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrappy String Block Swap-SU's CloseD;SO's 1/20/2011  (Read 14015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princesspimp81
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010 11:50:10 AM »

My extra downtime comes from the fact that I just finished (finally) my degree in Human Services from University of Phoenix!  With my shiny new diploma, and a husband in the army who is about to leave for six months, I've got a lot of time on my hands even when I go out and find a part time job lol

Also, I have no allergies, but I do have two cats and a dog.  However, they don't really come in my craft room and I make sure to lint roll things before they get shipped out so I should be safe unless my partners happen to have severe allergies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Rock Cave Mom
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010 12:01:14 PM »

Hello all,

I love to quilt.  This will be a perfect swap for me.  I am retired, so... all my time is down time.  LOL. 
I think I am busier now than I was when I worked.

I have two dogs and they both like to hep in my sewing room.  I have no preference for colors, cause, I have a stash to envy...all colors.  I have been sewing/quilting/crafting for over ---lets just say quite a few years.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do Personal Swaps
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010 01:50:25 PM »

ooo, we have some  good talent in here.  I hope my squares are up to snuff!  I'll be practicing in order to get it right.  Has anyone done a project like this before?? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010 03:43:49 PM »

Well Let's try this one! I got asked to sign up by A2K who has not signed up yet *hinthint* This looks like so much fun and HOORAY for stash busters!!! I have a box of scraps!

Meg

P.S. Animal Fur galore in my house. Not only do I have cats, I work for a dog day care, so there is no avoiding it!

P.P.S. No color prefs either!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
kwiltykate
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010 10:23:40 PM »

No pets here, and no allergies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesspimp81
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010 10:23:59 PM »

Quick question lol  About how many people are we sending to?  I have tons of scrap fabric and can do quite a few squares, I'm just curious.  In fact I made up four squares tonight lol  Started out as I was just going to make one practice square, but it's so fun!  I'll post a pic of one of my squares when I find my silly camera lol

Also, it turns out I have more non-pastel fabrics than I thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010 03:07:14 AM »

I am so glad to hear that the squares are fun and quick to work up!  I look forward to seeing pics Grin
I wish I had just a little time to really get going on this...I imagine when I do I won't want to put it down either!  So I will wait...*patience, patience*...it's not my middle name!

I kept the number at 15 for the swap and was hoping that asking for two squares from each person wouldn't be overwhelming...
5 groups of three
3 groups of five
or send 2 to all in group???  Please let me know how you feel about the possibilities. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melmakespretty
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010 03:22:11 AM »

I am really excited about this swap!
I am happy to recieve what ever colour combos everyone does. I haven't made something completely random before so am looking forward seeing what the final result is.
I was thinking I may send just a couple of strips (two or three) with the squares so that you can use them in your other blocks.
What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
tynwia
Reduce, reuse, recycle it into something useful.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010 04:05:53 AM »

I kept the number at 15 for the swap and was hoping that asking for two squares from each person wouldn't be overwhelming...
5 groups of three
3 groups of five
or send 2 to all in group???  Please let me know how you feel about the possibilities. 
Well 5 groups of 3 would give us all 6 blocks not a very big quilt....3 groups of 5 would give us 10 blocks, better? I vote for sending everyone in the group blocks unless there are some who cannot ship out of the country that could be a problem....

Cannot wait to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/tynwia
I have a button addiction.......
Up for personal swaps Smiley
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010 06:26:02 AM »

I like love the idea of sending strips w/the squares we make!!  Excellent idea.  Anyone else agree??

I like the idea of sending squares to everyone in the group, too.  But hesitate w/our overseas peeps and the price of shipping.  In States it is reasonable.  Let's see what our Aussie members have to say on the idea...
=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Basic Chicken Rub
How to Make a Basic Chicken Marinade
How to Cut Apart a Full Chicken
Chicken Meal Recipes
How to Make a Pork Roast
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...