A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Duct Tape Comic book bracelet/tutorial  (Read 2830 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , duct_tape_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SKerri13
Tutorial Contributor

Don't Eat the Paste

conformity is subversive.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2005 08:34:23 AM »

Full sized image here
http://shala.addr.com/temp/red_sonja_bracelet.jpg

Super easy to make.

Measure your wrist, add an inch for the overlap where the velcro dots are, then add two inches, cut a piece of duct tape that long. Fold over one inch on both ends. Cut a picture from a comic book or magazine or print out something nifty to fit, and put it on the sticky side between the folded over ends.
Put clear packing tape or clear duct tape over that.

Use two sets of Velco sticky dots, and the rough side to the soft side so you have them in matched pairs. Peel of the backing from the rough side and position them on the upside (graphic side) of your bracelet, then pull the backing off the soft side, and wrap the bracelet around to place them on the other side. (perfectly placed to match up now!)

Okay.. very easy. But I'm going to go through my messed up comics and make more. The picture on this one was from the 25 promo copy of Red Sonja. I bought a few of them to cut up for stuff.

There's a technique people use sometimes for ATC backgrounds, they cut a window out of a piece of cardstock the size of the ATC and position it around until they find the section they want and then use a craft knife to cut it out, so once you know the measurement for center piece you can make a template to cut out your pictures.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005 10:17:46 AM by SKerri13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vanessa Cyanide
You won't like me.

Couture is lame. End of story.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005 08:45:12 AM »

Thats super cool, I want one! you could even line it with studs! It would be cool to do different pannels, like seperate squares with scenes on them...uh oh, can you tell youve started something with me? haha! Good work!

The flea markets around here suck, I went looking for awsome comic books and they were all collectors trying to sell them for 5 bucks each! Even the bad torn up ones...I dont get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cyanidekustoms.bravehost.com
"I dont give a fu*k about punk rock no more" -The Dwarves
I want to give the Devil back the Devils' rock n roll!
Motorcycles and cars made of METAL....nothing gets to a girls heart faster... oh yea-  And crafting stuff that gives off toxic fumes....mmm m
Lemonlimer89

"I'm just a girl"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005 09:00:14 AM »

Super cool! I definately like this idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonmaid
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005 04:38:59 PM »

Thats super cool, I want one! you could even line it with studs! It would be cool to do different pannels, like seperate squares with scenes on them...uh oh, can you tell youve started something with me? haha! Good work!

The flea markets around here suck, I went looking for awsome comic books and they were all collectors trying to sell them for 5 bucks each! Even the bad torn up ones...I dont get it!

A lot of comic shops have promos of new comics for as low as 12 cents. Or, wait till Free Comic Book Day  each May.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When life gives you lemons...throw them at people!"
"When life gives you lemons, hey, free lemons!"
"When life gives you lemon, make sour lemonade"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew a Waterfall Scarf
How to Sew Zippers
How to Make Colonial Knots
How to Make Hot Fix Transfers
How to Make a Leather Toggle
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...