A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft along for ME- ongoing  (Read 23290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: March 13, 2011 11:30:37 AM »

It's been kinda quiet. I had the house to myself this weekend, so there was lots of crafting and I am much too hungover to do a bellydance tape with spins right now so I figured I'd post what I've been up to.

First, an Anthropologie-inspired necklace, made using this tutorial from Mandipidy: http://www.mandipidy.com/2010/11/tutorial-book-page-necklace.html.
I had all the materials on hand except the varnish, and instead of using poster board I used an old envelope that held a birthday card for my dad. Woo, recycling & stashbusting!

Anthro Necklace by crafty_goldfish, on Flickr
The only change I made was making it longer by two inches, on account of my thick neck, because there is nothing worse than making a cool necklace and then you can't wear it because it chokes you.

The next thing I made was a Sick Sad World tote for my Daria Morgendorffer costume for Planet Comicon in two weeks. I posted more information here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=375440.0

Sick Sad World Tote by crafty_goldfish, on Flickr

I also hemmed a veil for belly dance practice, but there's no real point in me posting pictures of three yards of serged turquoise chiffon. I trust you'll use your imaginations. Today I'm going to work on upsizing a too-small, much too long pleated skirt and cutting up a teeshirt for my Daria costume. After I finish those projects, I just need to figure out how to fake having bangs and I'll be ready for the convention!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #361 on: March 16, 2011 11:11:02 AM »

I finished a shirt to help get me through the spring. I'd posted about it but then I posted about like70 million things I'm working on simultaneously so I don't expect anyone to remember. lol

I'm getting a little belly-licious due to the pregnancy. Not much yet but just enough that I need length! Add to that This shirt was a bubble waist-ed tie thing and it was just not working. A little eyelet lace trim from a friend(whom I suspect removed it form an old bed skirt) and wha la! And the whole orject was free since mom gave me the shirt.
Sorry it's a bit dark hubby took it for me and the flash ruined the pic so this is the best I could do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2011 10:53:24 AM »

It's pretty sweet looking! Feminine, but not cutesy. I like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
A2JC4life
« Reply #363 on: April 01, 2011 09:18:46 AM »

I posted this in the 50 Projects- and De-Stash-alongs, too.  This apron has been waiting for a year-and-a-half on the hand-finishing.  But I had to hurry up and finish it so I could get into the new Crafster sewing class!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the New Layer Palette in Photoshop CS4
Peachpit TV: Using the New Vibrance Adjustment Layer in CS4
Peachpit TV: Aligning Images in Photoshop CS4
Install the GIMP
Iron Man Speed Painting 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...