A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decorating RV site for wedding...  (Read 1549 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maryjeanne
« on: May 25, 2005 07:04:20 AM »

hey, i need some inspiring!!!!!!
my friends are getting married at moe.down.  its a music festival labor day weekend so i got all summer to plan shit out.  but i need help!
i am assigned to decorate the RV and their site.  this is where the couple is gonna be residing their wedding weekend so its got to be special.  i was thinking lanterns and windchimes.... but i need more and specifics.  i know all of you are creative.... i need help.  im lookin for a romantic/weddingy/but hip style cuz it is an outdoor music fest....
i need some ideas... any ideas would be much appreciated
thanks a bunch
peace and love
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Budster2023
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005 02:11:12 PM »

Lots and lots of sheer fabric in lots of colors then you can hang it , swag it, drape it, get some of those balinese type laterns from piere one imports to hang use candles just not to close to the fabric of course or you can always string x-mas lights in the fabric make it look like an arabian tent you can also add small acrylic mirrors on some of the fabric swags for their reflective qualities to help bounce the candle light around. or for the romantic yet camping theme lots of fake fur on the bed the floor maybe even a small fake fireplace and for the fire take a log and drill holes big enough to hold votive candles put the candles in the holes and theres your romantic fire.  hope its a help
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiface
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005 08:14:04 PM »

I was just at Target, and was admiring all of the different kinds of neat light strings.  I tried to find them online, but came up short.  They had plane white lights and rice lights, also chinese lantern lights and tons more that I can't even begin to describe. 

Another option might be candles-- which can be much cheaper than you'd think.  For holders (since it's outside) you could get mason jars cheap cheap cheap (Big!Lots usually has them in bulk for really inexpensive).  If you hit the thrift stores regularly, you can find candles for little to nothing.  Perhaps some sand to anchor the jars a little bit on uneven ground? 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
clearbubbles
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005 04:40:29 AM »

ooo sounds like so much fun, alot of stress and a creativity straining project i love it lol.
ok well it's hard to say not knowing what the place looks like but have a pathway for the bride and groom temporary or existing? a garden arch with a vine and beatiful flower of your/the brides choice like white roses woven through (they dont even have to be real) alternatively you could have the vinage with musical notes propped up in it all.
you could get some pipe umm plumbing pipe cheap or free from garage sales or discount building material stores and paint them put them in the ground and put a hole right through them then run fishing line through them have a row on each side of seating if there is any (if there isnt you can use this idea in one straight row somewhere im sure) then have your windchime hanging from them or string fairy light around the fishing line or wrap the pipe in fairy lights.  Or hang lanterns from the fishing line instead or aswell as windchimes.

oh i wish i had your job lol good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilian
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005 06:05:58 PM »

maybe you could also hang up some prisms to throw some rainbows around?  the windchimes could have some colored glass too..uhh.. ribbons tied to tree branches?   Maybe you could plant some flowers too.

I also like the fairy lights idea a lot.  Maybe set up a big tent with fairy lights & lanterns like clearbubbles said all throughout?

i'll try to think of better ideas..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Celebrity Looks for Less
How to Make Sequin Tights
Naughty Makeovers for Nice Girls
The Best Black Friday Deals
How To Properly Dress for a Holiday Party
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...