A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lowfat "faux" goldfish or cheezits  (Read 603 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sarahlotfi

Colors: deliciousness for the eyes.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2005 03:01:33 AM »

I just made a recipe that I saw on the Low carb & loving it show on the food network and it was SO good!

all you do is buy a package of Deluxe American Cheese slices (Im not sure why it has to be deluxe, but the chef on tv said to make sure it is). Each slice is only 80 calories, so I know that for me, my snacks usually consist of about 180 so I can double the recipe!!

Anyway, Preheat oven to 400 degrees, take the slice(s) of cheese, cut it in half, and then each of those in half, and then do the same in the other direction on the slice, so you end up with 16 (or 32) squares of cheese. spread these out over parchment paper lined cookie sheets and then sprinkle a tiny bit of salt over them. Then lightly sprinkly garlic powder and chili powder over each piece as well.

Bake until lightly browned, aprox 7 1/2 minutes. If you underbake them they wont be as crispy.

Its incredible though, they puff up like some sort of pastry, you'd never think they were just cheese. And they taste incredible!! Here's the official website recipe, although there are 2 recipes going on here, so dont get confused!! http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_29676,00.html

Also, I havent figured out a way to preserve them at all. I once put them in a tupperware and the next morning they were chewy/soggy - so eat them when you make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People who don't work with their hands are parasites.  --Jenny Holzer
Sati
Craftsterbator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005 12:27:11 PM »

I'm not a fan of American cheese but that does sound kind of tasty Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holly ~
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005 06:54:18 PM »

I'll bet these are rally tasty.  I like to take a cookie sheet & sprinkle it with shredded cheese ...waht ever i have on hand & pop it in the oven on 375 for a few mins.  after it cool break it inot lil pices & sprinkle over salad.   LOW CARB  CRUNCHIES
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating Multiple Versions Of Your Photo in Camera Raw
How to Draw Jumpy Ghost Face
How to Draw Kinji Tohyama
How to Draw Kim Kardashian
The Perfect Combo: Word Clouds and Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...