A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journal for a month swap GALLERY  (Read 19864 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

strwberesh0rtcke
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2010 07:59:28 PM »

Wow! Everyone's journals are so crazy good! It definitely puts the one I made to shame Undecided. Jessy, I hope you like it anyway!

Anyway, here is my three favorite pages from the one JessySihk sent me! I loved reading it, and I think I can definitely do that favor that you asked of me! Also, Please let me know if you prefer me to remove any or all of these pictures due to your confidentiality.

She also sent me the two most awesome embroideries which are currently hanging on my wall! The only problem is that I didn't take a picture of it before going home to my parents' for the holidays.. so I will definitely post an update with pics, once I am back!

Thank you so so so much for everything Jessy! I promise that yours is on it's way out after the craziness of this month! It is all packaged and ready to be sent out once the post office reopens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I REALLY want some funny hoop-framed embroidery! Wanna do a personal swap?
JessySihk
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2010 08:25:18 PM »

Thank you for posting photos =] Its fine you can leave them up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
schnerby
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2010 11:42:26 PM »

You have a smite/smitten list. I must, must, must have one of these! Immediately! Where's my whiteboard?

They're terribly useful things to have.

Agreed. I made a basic one on my whiteboard yesterday. So far only Flight Centre are to smite - it feels wrong to add anyone else on Christmas. I'll save the snark until tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2010 11:54:59 PM »

Argh, I should have thought about that slate cracking in the mail--but honestly I had no idea it was that easily broken.  Embarrassed

Finally, I'm posting some photos of the journal Kitten Wrangler made for me!! Pictures are a little funny-looking; please forgive me.

She made this book from scratch, with the metal part of a mini binder, and the rest being all kinds of wonderful papers; I love it! And she sent a CD full of photos, audio interviews and video clips from her roller derby league finals, which made my day.  Grin I am so happy to have that. I won't repost the photos since they aren't my work, but seriously, great fun.

I think this one is sufficiently blurry to obscure any identifying details in the photo and text, but that's her team photo! Awesome! I loved reading everything. She crafted the league trophy from a skate, and I received swatches of the flashy fabrics she used.  Grin

Recipe for one of her favorite Indonesian foods! And info on Jakarta fashion tucked into a pocket on the other side! Along with a fascination with roller derby (and no, I haven't seen "Whip It"; it's a pre-existing fascination and I'm afraid if I saw that movie I would swoon embarrassingly Wink), I also have an inadequately explored fascination with Indonesia, and Australia, incidentally, so I'm rather happy.  Cheesy

My small crafted-item was an Indonesian emblem she embroidered, which means a lot to her and she described its significance well so I'm honored to have it!

Speaking of Indonesia, one of the other freakin-awesome things about KW's month was her involvement in the production of a language textbook, with her voice being the friendly instructional narrator's voice for the audio materials! So this is a page from the book, and she talks about the process and the people involved and included a group photo, too.

Naturally, the month wasn't nonstop fun, and KW shared the boredom of office life--but she managed to do this in a very entertaining way, I have to say! Among the contents of this journal was an "Exhibition of Office Art", things she created while bored at work.  Complete with titles and office-supply media used! Cheesy And at one point she drew her cubicle space--after I saw her say on more than one occasion online that she wasn't an artist and didn't know how to draw.  Tongue Clearly, the woman was lying.  Cheesy

There was nothing in this book that wasn't great fun to look through and read, with all different sizes and textures and content; it's hard to try and keep this short! One page had a sleeve in which she included her ticket stub from a Leonard Cohen concert! And then on the other side of the page she made a thicker sleeve, which held this TINY book called The Partisan which she also put together!

I'll try and get a better picture of the cover when the lighting is better, but meanwhile, know that I am one happy creature with all this! And I definitely agree--we've got to do this again!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010 11:58:00 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
schnerby
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2010 02:59:32 AM »

I should have drawn my little office space! It's a boring little desk, but I have slowly converted it into a little more fun.

I like the idea that it's an insight into someone else's life for a month. I'd really like to do this again, especially since I've learned a lot from this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2010 11:51:01 AM »

I too would love to do this again ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
bellyjewel

"Holy haberdashery!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2010 06:21:23 PM »

I recieved from astrangeone

cover of journal that i think looks like a monster- very textured I'm jealous of her skills

pages I really liked:

extra swap goodie:

hello kitty stamp

Thanks for being my partner

****I also took a side by side of the one I sent her and my current journal****

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps just pm me

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bellyjewel/
RougeRaven
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2010 07:37:51 PM »

I am loving all of these! I would totally do this again  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
How Lovely
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2010 10:32:10 PM »

I would also do this again but I'd do it completely differently! I'm already changing my journalling style, I now have a writing only journal and next week I'm getting a creative journal to do crazy things in, that will be quite a challenge for me, I am much more of a writer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
Angelicus
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2010 05:11:17 AM »

I decided not to do this sap because of the timing but I would love to be able to do round 2 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Strange Yet Effective Exercises by A.J. Jacobs
17 DAY DIET: How to Be Bikini-Ready For Summer
The Man Who Changed the American Food Culture
Learn How to Draw Neil Flambé
Meet Author Scott Westerfeld
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...