A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Yule Swap Round 24 Gallery  (Read 13185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spazgirl1981
AlphaBetsy Bomber

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010 10:29:21 AM »

I received from lydiaharper yesterday and I feel so incredibly spoiled. Here is everything and I apologize in advance because I know the pictures don't do it all justice.
First here is the beautiful stocking. It's lined with Flannel.

She made me a beautiful pentacle board with the Norns... one of my favorite pieces of the Norse pantheon.

She also made me some fantastic decorations for my tree. The acorns are adorable and the gingerbread men smell amazing.

She sent me a beautiful poppet Freya. Her necklace is a bracelet for me and came with matching earrings.

And finally, she sent me this adorable Santa figurine.

Thank you so much Lydia!! I love it all.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010 10:30:03 AM »

Finished the stocking and realized I hadn't thought about the smalls yet... I quickly recovered and came up with ideas - so it goes in the mail monday...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
SecretAgentStarchild
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2010 08:06:22 PM »

I received my package from PixieFireFly and it was greeted with tons of squeals!!

First off, there is a lovely stocking! It is made with beautiful holly fabric, and the top part is the softestsoftest suede fabric that I just want to snuggle with!

And a headress holly crown! I love hats and headthings of all sorts - but I don't have any crowns! So I was superduperthrilled to get one! It fits my head perfectly and it looks beautiful and has long flowing ribbon dangling down! I love this!

And here was a GIANT box of Yuletide taffies! Flavors include caramel, gingerbread, eggnog, and buttered rum! They have been mostly devoured already - delicious!

Earrings! They are sooo elegant! This picture really doesn't do them justice! Especially the pair on the right - my favorite! The top bead is a neat blueish green with gold flecks, and the bottom bead is a shimmery purplygrey! Absolutely beautiful!!!!

A bunch of red candles and some of that holly fabric! I think it shall be perfect for an altar cloth! I don't have one for Yule, so I am superexcited to get started on that! Perfection!

This is my favorite!!!!! There were a lot of squeals when I pulled this out of the box! It is a crocheted (or maybe knitted?) witch hat!! Or a Yule gnome hat - as my boyfriend keeps trying to insist while he steals it! It is awesome!!!!!

Thank you sosososososo much, PixieFireFly! You were a great partner and I was thrilled with everything I received!! I wish I had made more for you!! Thank you once again! *huggles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. - Roald Dahl
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2010 11:22:17 PM »

The fab stuff just keeps on coming! I'm having so much fun just looking! Nice job so far everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
lydiaharper
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010 10:09:36 AM »

So glad you like everything, Spazgirl! Thanks for being such a great partner again. Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010 10:19:57 AM »

I am glad you liked your things Secretagentstarchil d! They earrings that you like best, the stones on the bottom at Laboradite. I have read some interesting things about it. I received from you on Friday and was so pleased!

When I opened the box this is what we found!

This is everything together. I love everything, The stocking is hung up on my fireplace, the ornaments are on my tree. The stones and cross are much appreciated and cherrished. The little Santa is awesome and the box, extrordinary!

Thank you soo much! I love it all!
And as today is my birthday, I am off to the store to buy myself a birthday cake and ice cream! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010 10:22:12 AM »

I received from Wulf!!!  It is so very awesome!  I love everything!  In fact, I was so excited to open it that after I picked it up at the post office I started opening it at stoplights on the way home.   Roll Eyes  So that's why half the goodies are still wrapped in the first picture and half not wrapped.   Cheesy

The whole package (half wrapped)

Whole package unwrapped!

Two different bath salts for Protection and Blessing!  They smell soooo yummy!

Two chakra candles for Positive Energy and Healing.  And a small chocolate bar lightly flavored with Verveine to eat while I'm soaking in the tub with the bath salts!

Florida water (I'm going to have to look this up - I've never heard of it), Herbal bath satchet (with refill!) and a REAL loofah!  I've never had one of those either!

The Yule card with the Holly King on it and a bundle of sage for smudging!

And a few extra pictures of the stocking!  Its a Bath Towel!

As you can see its held together with safety pins!

Across the top it says "I Am Blessed" with shooting stars and moons.  

I love it all!  And it got here at the perfect time!  My last day with students before the Winter Break was Friday!  I think I'll treat myself to a nice soak in the tub this afternoon after I work on my sketchbook some more since its supposed to be sent back by January 15.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!   Cheesy  Grin  Kiss   Cheesy  Wulf all these bath goodies are amazing!  I love them so much!  Your package is on its way.  Dad works for the post office and he said it should be in Canada tomorrow and hopefully won't get caught up in customs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spidersweb
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010 11:09:59 AM »

Awesomecakes!   Grin  Is it okay to say that we have one of the nicest galleries I've seen?  Everything is really beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Spidersweb  (it's only a little filled out!)

In-Search-Of:
-> Stride "Sweet Cinnamon" If you have it in your area, will you PM me?  My mother loves it, and we can NEVER find it in our stores here.  Will negotiate for some!
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010 11:30:45 AM »

My goodness, Wulf, the package you sent Ffrogg is soooo neat Cheesy I've never seen a bath towel stocking before!

XD;; My mom decided she's only going to decorate the tree this year, no other decorations (She's not in the Christmas mood this year, a lot happened), so I'm like "...Can we still have stockings? Cheesy" and she was like "Yeah, we'll hang stockings" so I ran into my bedroom, unhung the stocking from FinRaziel, ran back out and was like "HERE'S MY STOCKING!!! WHERE CAN I HANG IT?!?!?!" My parents both stare at the stocking and then at me absolutely freaked out and they're like "Where the heck did you get that?!?!?!" I was like "Cheesy IN THE MAIL! I GOT IT IN THE YULE SWAP!!!!" (My parents were freaked out because they'd never seen it before even though it's been hanging in my room in a very obvious location for the past what, week? So I showed them what it was hanging beneath, the art from Kyerinn of my dungeons and dragons character and her badger from the Geek Chic swap and they were again freaked out because they'd never seen that either XD) Sadly my mom wants to use the normal stockings that we hang every year (My grandma made them for us a long long long time ago, and I love the one from my grandma) so the one from FinRaziel is hanging in my room again and my room feels more festive and happy now <3

Also, ffrogg, you just made me cringe a little... You reminded me of the sketchbook ; w ; I'm soooooo behind on miiiiine *cries*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2010 04:22:43 AM »

My goodness, Wulf, the package you sent Ffrogg is soooo neat Cheesy I've never seen a bath towel stocking before!

Neither had I; I think I probably invented it! Cheesy

You asked the other day what a bath sachet is, and since it's still in the bag in Ffrogg's photo, I should explain. It's just a cloth bag like a large tea bag, filled with herbs. You can either put it in a pot of water and simmer it on the stove to make a tea, then pour that into the bath water, or put the sachet into the tub and run a few inches of hottest water over it and let it steep for a few minutes before you finish filling the bath.

Ffrogg, here's a bit on Florida water. The article doesn't say much about bathing, but it gives a general idea. It's funny you liked the loofah so much, because I only bought it as a lightweight space filler, when I thought I wasn't going to have enough to fill the whole towel. When I found that I actually had too much, Angry I still didn't want to leave it out, because by then I'd made a cord for it from a scrap of purple velour that perfectly matched the towel lettering.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographer Bryant Austin Reveals His Whale Photography Techniques
High School Senior Portraits Go Upscale
The Sartorialist Sizzle Reel
Photographing in Places of Worship - Photography Tips
Capturing Details in Architecture Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...