A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: project 365!!  (Read 1604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

somethingcelestual
« on: November 09, 2010 08:02:55 PM »

i joined a photo-a-day project, called project 365. heres a link: http://365project.org/

im posting some photos from previous months to get C&C for future photographs!
sidenote: im also in the process of making an "ihole!" its supposed to be a pinhole made out of iphone packaging. ill post pictures of it & from it later on.

here are some teasers of past photos:

june 6th

june 12th

june 28th

july 5th

july 11th

july 14th

august 29th

september 10th

september 14th

september 23rd

october 10th

october 18th
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011 09:55:28 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010 08:28:40 PM »

Cool! They are all very lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pugwash

oh, hello there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010 08:33:26 PM »

I like these, especially the first. However, I think a couple look over-processed and it detracts from the photos character.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
somethingcelestual
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010 08:48:25 PM »

theyre all taken with my iphone. the camera app that came with the phone didnt catch colors very well, so i downloaded a bunch of different applications. i have a few with double exposures in a pinhole camera, some that have a rainbow glare from the sun, some have different film that is over-exposed and some have flash options that make the colors pop like expired 70's polaroids.

i really like the colors & "over processed" look! i think it makes emotions and thoughts scream out from the photo! in a few photography lessons that i have taken (black & white) i really latched onto the high contrast filters...

i think the "over processed"-ness from the pictures allow them to speak for themselves, instead of me having to speak for them.

but thank you for your criticism, ill take that into consideration in my future photos Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkyyAngel
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010 12:20:30 AM »

Ooh, I LOVE that sky shot from July 11th. <3

I don't think any of them look over-processed saved for that fern one from June 28th... looks like a photo taken in the 60s. Although I daresay that's the point so job well done! lol Cheesy

You play with light and shadows VERY well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pugwash

oh, hello there

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010 12:48:35 AM »

Specifically with your photos above, I think the iris's and trees would have stood out more as high contrast black and white(like the book) or the ever popular HDR filter. But I still believe that a great photo doesn't need special effects, despite the fact that you really love it. I know I probably sound like a snoot who just wants to complain, but I think that as you progress through the 365 challenge and look back to the earlier photos, you'll see what I mean.

I've only ever used film or DSLR to shoot with so I'm not too familiar with iphone applications. But regardless of the machine, you do tend to have an eye for focusing on specific details as evidenced by your blog. I heartily agree that photos should tell their own stories and need no explanation. For this very reason I throw out about half of my work because it doesn't "talk" to me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Colorcrazed

Arts, Crafts, Handmade, and Open for Adventure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010 08:44:49 AM »

Very nice and creative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Artist Lynda Coker
Come visit when you can. The coffee is always hot, the cinnamon rolls warm and buttery, and there is a chair just for you.
Blog: Colorcrazed - http://colorcrazedart.blogspot.com
Arts/Crafts/Handmade/ and adventure at every turn.
librarylover
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010 10:38:19 PM »

I enjoyed seeing your work. You've certainly got an eye for capturing interesting subject matter. Your photography does speak for itself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewIn2Disney

Yup - My wedding Limo was the Wienermobile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010 08:16:07 AM »

I was searching for a photography board here on craftster and came across your post---I am starting a project 365, but I want to start it on January 1st---I love your photos, and was about to ask if you were using a pinhole camera when I read that you are using your iPhone!  I love playing with the photography apps on my iPhone---any suggestions on which are your favorites?  I especially like your vintage-looking photos (june 12th, july 14th, etc).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...