A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love Cooking Swap (Signups CLOSED; Send by Feb 3, 2011)  (Read 13967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftycakelady
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2011 06:40:07 AM »

Checking in, things are good.  I should be ready to send on time.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2011 09:03:43 AM »

Checking in, things are good.  I should be ready to send on time.  Smiley

Yay! I'm so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2011 09:05:36 PM »

MUST STOP SHOPPING!!!!

Babalina and I chat a lot in pm's and I already told her most of this

so I went antiquing today with my husband which in my brain means I get to shop and hit any specialty shop in the area as well. I picked a few things up for my wonderful partner as well.

Then I needed more supplies for a different swap, which babalina benefited from that shopping trip as well  Grin

So I got back home all prepared to spend time in the kitchen and craft. Well I made the mistake of telling my husband, now at work, what I was making and all 11 people at his work tonight went OMG mmmm we want some. So at 11pm EST I ended up totting off in the freezing cold to bring them what I just finished making for this swap and to get them all fresh coffee, they have to work till 6 am so coffee is good for them.

Well then I needed more supplies to remake my swap goodness so off to Wegmans I go. You know those large grocery stores always have those few isles of stuff you could live without you just don't want to? Well there were some items I could live without but didn't want to so I bought them, then I found something I went Babalina would love this, so she benefited from that shopping trip as well lol

So tomorrow will be crafting, some work bleck! tutoring a friend in math, laundry and staying inside as its suppose to be negative something really freezing cold.

But I will be ready to ship on time now just need to find a box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2011 02:09:20 AM »

Hello!

After much faffing around with design and some special goo which apparently turns normal acrylic into fabric paint* I actually managed to get something for this swap finished today.

I'm not altogether happy with how it came out, but bias binding and I have never been friends.  Sigh.  Mum came around for a cuppa this arvo and she had a look and said it was fine... So it could either be that I'm a neurotic perfectionist that never thinks anything I make is good enough, which is true, or Mum saying everything I do is great even if it's rubbish - which is also true!

*I couldn't get the fabric I wanted OR fabric paint to make my own because Spotlight was out of a lot of stock when the flooding cut the main supply roads.  So I did a set of tests to see how well various painty things stood up to being used on fabric, allowed to cure and then washed roughly.  I tried acrylic paint, black paint pens, sharpie pens or the acrylic+goo mix, and the goo mix was best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2011 06:28:44 AM »

Hello!

After much faffing around with design and some special goo which apparently turns normal acrylic into fabric paint* I actually managed to get something for this swap finished today.

I'm not altogether happy with how it came out, but bias binding and I have never been friends.  Sigh.  Mum came around for a cuppa this arvo and she had a look and said it was fine... So it could either be that I'm a neurotic perfectionist that never thinks anything I make is good enough, which is true, or Mum saying everything I do is great even if it's rubbish - which is also true!

*I couldn't get the fabric I wanted OR fabric paint to make my own because Spotlight was out of a lot of stock when the flooding cut the main supply roads.  So I did a set of tests to see how well various painty things stood up to being used on fabric, allowed to cure and then washed roughly.  I tried acrylic paint, black paint pens, sharpie pens or the acrylic+goo mix, and the goo mix was best.

I find plain old acrylic works too. I do a lot of stencilling, and though I have the stuff to make it actual fabric paint, either way works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2011 10:43:16 AM »

Just a little history in the swap world Smiley My Partner Bugaboo was my first REAL partner in Craftster Smiley several years ago she sent me the most wonderful basket made by her full of goodness that I still use almost ever day Smiley Wild that she is my partner again here in swap land..I am so so so excited...78 swaps later we get partnered WOOT WOOT..Love that!

my first swap was the silly NA swap ( we all made things and posted and snagged them before the close of that swap time like a dirty white elephant I don't count that as a real swap as it was all precrafted)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011 10:44:28 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2011 04:27:47 PM »

Aw. What goes around comes around, I guess!

Sadly, I'm not sure who my first partner was, or even what my first swap was - because I did it before there was a feedback form! (Yes, I've done more than the 103 swaps on my profile. . .  er. . .  yeah.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2011 05:27:04 PM »

..just checking in again.
I am at about 80% finished. I hope to be on time.. I know sendoff is fastly approaching!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sadi27
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2011 07:02:17 AM »

Just checking in! I'm done, just need to get to the Post office. Will be posted by Friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd be interested in doing a personal swap with anyone who wants to do a fabric-wool swap. I have lots of wool and yarns!
handbaghannah83
Cooking and Scrapbooking= <3 LOVE <3

Dont just dream it.....Believe it!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2011 07:44:24 AM »

checking in!! almost done with my stuff!! hope my partner likes it!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Elizabeth Noble Reveals the Inspiration For Her New Novel The Girl Next Door
Brenda Watson Talks About The Fiber35 Diet
Brandon Mull Talks About His Books
Author Matt Myklusch Reveals His Advice to Budding Writers
Trailer of the Wish Stealers by Tracy Trivas
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...