A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 549
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in 2011-CLOSED  (Read 531393 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2JC4life
« Reply #5400 on: December 25, 2011 05:59:21 PM »

Darn it; I think I missed some pages.  (I had this thread open in a Firefox tab, and my browser crashed/restarted - that sort of messed up the whole "last viewed post" thing.  Embarrassed )

I have been crafting like crazy trying to get Christmas gifts done.  I actually still have three left to do, for family we won't actually see 'til the 7th.

But in the meantime...I've added photos to (most of) #'s 48-80 on my list.  These are recent projects (from November/December):

Upcycled hummingbird feeder and tutorial 

Cloth colors book for Livia 

Easy card tutorial 

Elastic bookmark + tutorial 

Soy candles (didn't think to take a picture - they don't look exciting)

Baby toy for our chiropractor's new baby

polka dot dresses  (There is another mostly-pink one for my baby, and another mostly-brown one for my niece, but I was already uploading a zillion photos, so I just added one.)

yarn containers 

Advent calendar 

"tin soldier" ornaments 

crochet kit (proj. bag, hook roll, stitch markers) 

satin robe 

apron 

GF chocolate crinkles 

chocolate wrapper zipper pouches 

Bible marking kit 

faux quilted coasters 

movie night baskets (4, including "recipe cards" w/ popcorn instructions) 

magnetic Silly Putty (no photo)

sit-stand-walk ornaments 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5401 on: December 26, 2011 12:20:19 AM »

Alright I am so close to being finished with my Christmas crafting.  Two more gifts to make and that is it. 

Heh...

here are a few that are already in their new homes...Okay maybe more than a few...its actually a ridiculous number of pictures.  Sorry for those with slow loading.  :/

zip up bags for a few men in my life...

My partner Phil was very picky about the fabrics I used on his...glad I involved him in the creation of it.  He selected this ridiculous faux cow hide; its lined in faux suede and it has little leather grips on the side for easy zipping/unzipping.  Cheesy

Pork cuts embroidery for my partner Phil, he loves to cook and he loves pork.  Cheesy

Art plaque for my brother in law and his wife of their son James.

Small zippy wallet for my sister - tutorial here at noodlehead http://www.noodle-head.com/2009/10/zippy-wallet-tutorial.html

Mother necklace for sister in law

Birds nest necklace for mother in law (w/the grandkids birthstones)

leather keyring for Phil's grandmother's husband...Jerry.  His last name starts with a "P" and he is such a sweet man. 

"long line of kids"  necklace for Phil's grandmother...her children and her grandchildren are represented on the "line" and her two great grandchildren (Aria being one of the two) are represented on the chain.  I'm very proud of this although the design is simple. 

lavender sachets for my sister

steampunk necklace for my sister

applique skully hoodie for my nephew

And finally a dolly for Aria - pattern is from Wee Wonderfuls http://www.weewonderfuls.com/store/

She has her own post here.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=400334.0

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Delightful Night to you all!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #5402 on: December 26, 2011 04:01:34 AM »

Those all look like lovely gifts for your family, rlynn Smiley  I'm going to try to go all handmade next year like I did last year, but instead of everyone getting all the same thing, I'm going to try to go the personalized route with special OOAK gifts for each of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #5403 on: December 26, 2011 07:59:37 AM »

132.  pink polka dotted elephant December

Hes just a misfit

133.  poppy 3 December 

This is how I curled the  hair

134. Ishbel December

THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliasgracie
« Reply #5404 on: December 26, 2011 09:36:59 AM »

I haven't been here for months!  I love everyones projects and I am so proud at your dedication.  I have not completed my projects Sad
However, in the last 5 months, we have bought and renovated an old house (everything is still in boxes and I lost my craft room!) We got married. 
When I actually download the pictures off my camera I will post some of my centerpiece as it was a halloween wedding, and our little girl will hopefully be born this week Cheesy
This means I am on maternity leave for the next year and am eagerly waiting to make a new craft list for 2012!!  I think I will start with tie died onsies!
Have a great holiday everyone!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5405 on: December 26, 2011 02:40:32 PM »

133.  poppy 3
This is how I curled the  hair

Oh my you do make some of the most lovely doll hair. Thanks again for sharing the know-how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockon
« Reply #5406 on: December 26, 2011 05:50:30 PM »

that1girl, you must be the fastest knitter ever!  I admire your speed (and skill) -- you have amazing creations!

And rlynn and A2JC4life -- your stuff is awesome, too -- I especially like the pig embroidery and the yarn containers.  Those containers are big bucks in the stores -- cheaper and more fun to make your own, for sure Smiley

Kudos to us all for a year well-spent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #5407 on: December 26, 2011 06:46:19 PM »

rottenlittleboys thanks, yup no problem.
rockon thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5408 on: December 26, 2011 07:47:36 PM »

I've been remiss in posting things and commenting on everyone's awesome projects.  *FAIL*  however....  I completed 36 (maybe 37 - the year's not over just yet!) projects from my actual list - so.... 9 last year, 36(7)this year, maybe next year I'll actually hit 50!!!  Cheesy  LOL.  Anywho - I don't feel like sleeping just yet as the hacking cough gets worse when I lay down so...  on to start my list for 2012 with the left over items from 2011 (and some from 2010!)  Roll Eyes

Happy Crafting and I hope everyone had a Happy Everything!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #5409 on: December 27, 2011 02:34:30 AM »

I finally am getting around to posting some photos...

I made my niece a box for artist trading cards - which included the box, an ephemera box, pens and atc supplies, and 6 atc's that my daughters and I made (I posted about it with more photos here).

I finally finished my sister's monster bookmark kit - it has all of the pieces to make thirty monster bookmarks (yes that means that I had to cut out and score 30 bodies, sets of eyes, and teeth - which came to 300 little pieces of paper...). Unfortunately, the first time I made the box to put it all in I made a cool monster that I glued on both upside down and backwards from how the box opens... after a few sobbing moments at 2am, this second box is much simpler because I just couldn't do it again...

My nephew got a story block game

Each side of the nine blocks has a unique simple drawing (rocket ship, gnome, happy face etc). There are multiple ways to play but basically you roll the die and tell a story using the images that come up.

I also made 21 cards and 9 gift tags (I am not going to subject you to pictures of all of them, here is a group shot of a few...)

Over the summer my step-mother gave us some buttons that used to be her mother's and her grandmother's. My daughter and I made her a button tree out of some of those buttons. To be fair, my daughter did the majority of this, but I love how it turned out...

okay, enough for now. I am still crafting away - I have 9 more people to still craft for...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 549 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Hair with a Natural Wave
How to Blow Dry Layered Hair
How to Blow Dry Long Hair
How to Blow Dry Thick Hair
How to Blow Dry Thin and Delicate Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...